Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rob Chapman inadvertently breached the cone of silence on 5aa last night. He mentioned that we would be having “match sim” today (i.e. Thursday).

Is anyone free to check it out from behind the fence (possibly take binoculars). I would like to know who isn’t involved e.g. Greenwood? Brouch? Hartigan? Keath? Lynch? Eddie? Doedee? Jacobs? Mackay? Sloane? Tex?

Exciting news. I think that I sighted Bran Nue Mackae in the match sim :rolleyes:.

Brouch - yes, Lynch - yes, Eddie - yes, Doedee - yes, Jacobs - yes, Sloane - yes, Tex - yes

I am a bit worried about THE MIGHTY THOR, did anyone recognise him in the video?

Exciting news. I think that I sighted Bran Nue Mackae in the match sim :rolleyes:.

Brouch - yes, Lynch - yes, Eddie - yes, Doedee - yes, Jacobs - yes, Sloane - yes, Tex - yes

I am a bit worried about THE MIGHTY THOR, did anyone recognise him in the video?
I'm starting to think he might be ready for round 1 this year, and if he's not 100% i'd actually prefer to keep him out of the team. There are a lot of guys gunning for that 5th midfielder role, and nearly all of them have had uninterrupted preseasons.

Thats not a slight on Greenwood either, we've just been burned by playing underdone guys too many times to not figure out that it just doesn't work. We need 22 blokes in the team on gameday not 21.50

Atkins said Hugh and Talia missed, Hartigan is back in full training.

Who is that crouched over, running to the left of screen after picking up the ball (yellow top) at the 21/22 second mark - Jones?
Jumper number appears to start with a 2, so I'd suggest McHenry.

I also think that's him doing the crunching tackle at 19/20 second mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Davis is a guy i'm becoming increasingly interested in this offseason. You would think he would be buried pretty deep down the depth chart for round 1, but by the photo's it doesn't look like it would be because of a lack of conditioning.

And from what i've heard he's got a fair bit of that X factor about him
If his fitness is up to scratch could well get the Mcgovern spot if McAdam hasn't got into gear yet, took some good contested marks in the SANFL.... decison making let him down though

If his fitness is up to scratch could well get the Mcgovern spot if McAdam hasn't got into gear yet, took some good contested marks in the SANFL.... decison making let him down though

There is one and only one knock on him that worries me. Lack of pressure. Otherwise I would be excited as hell to get him into the team and have a look at him. Hopefully that knock on him is unwarranted or he has worked on it and fixed it.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...9/news-story/7f1af7345fc97f1098fed1697926e322

The three teams that matter....

ADELAIDE

WHO’S FIT

After failing to play a game last year and having groin surgery, Brad Crouch is expected to be like a recruit this season as the Crows look to return to finals.

WHO’S HURT

Unlike last pre-season when the rehab ward at West Lakes was beginning to get busy, the Crows have enjoyed a largely injury-free pre-season. Key defender Daniel Talia is the exception having had left knee surgery in December but he still looks like being available for Round 1. The other minor scare was Brad Crouch who missed a week of running with a foot injury but he has otherwise enjoyed a flawless summer.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

Emerging ruckman Reilly O’Brien, who is set to provide support for Sam Jacobs, and dashing half-back Wayne Milera who has been top-three in the time trials. Brodie Smith who missed most of last year while recovering from a knee reco is also flying and will slot straight back in to the half-back line.

CARLTON

WHO’S FIT

Jack Silvagni has spent a summer of explicit explosive running as he attempts to spend more time on the ball. His younger brother Ben has impressed as a switch-hitting key position player in match simulation. While the club hasn’t committed to him yet, clearance king Michael Gibbons has been a standout at training, to the point where one casual observer made the assessment that if you didn’t know who he was, he would be playing against Richmond in Round 1.

WHO’S HURT

Unfortunately, there are too many in this bracket with co-captain Sam Docherty gone for the year (knee). Recruit Mitch McGovern is running laps after suffering a non-displaced fracture of his back, Darcy Lang is highly unlikely for Round 1 (foot), Alex Fasolo is six to eight weeks (broken arm), Caleb Marchbank is on light duties (back), Jarrod Picket (knee) is a fair way off, Liam Jones (fractured hand) is running laps, Matthew Kreuzer (knee) is hopeful of being ready for Round 1 while Will Setterfield and Tom Williamson are making steady progress from long-term injuries.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

After a second year of stagnation, Sam Petrevski-Seton is flying as he prepares for more midfield time. And the Zac Fisher journey continues to grow. Number one draft pick Sam Walsh has had a stunning debut pre-season. Tom De Koning, Patrick Kerr and Harry McKay are a trio of young talls who appear ready to take the next step after improving their running during pre-season. Lochie O’Brien missed some early sessions but in the past two weeks has been blitzing on the track. Paddy Dow has increased his strength and is ready for a breakout second season.

PORT ADELAIDE

WHO’S FIT

Hamish Hartlett and Robbie Gray have both made good progress from varying degrees of knee surgery while number five draft pick Connor Rozee has not missed a session and will be right in contention for a Round 1 game. Rozee emerged as a dashing half-back in the SANFL but is eyeing a spot in Port’s forward line early in the season.

WHO’S HURT

It’s been a tumultuous month for the Power where they’ve been dogged by off-field stories they would much rather avoid. From an on-field perspective the most significant was Ollie Wines who dislocated his shoulder in a waterskiing accident and had surgery that will sideline him for 8-10 weeks. The vice-captain is doubtful for Round 1 but the Power is hopeful he is right to play in the first month of the season.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

Ryan Burton is another new face at Alberton to impress over summer and will add polish across half-back while the Power is set to play with two ruckmen after luring Scott Lycett from West Coast after the Eagles’ premiership.

He’s looking at Mackay and wondering how he got to 200 games
20180808180924a_1024x576.jpg

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...9/news-story/7f1af7345fc97f1098fed1697926e322

The three teams that matter....

ADELAIDE

WHO’S FIT

After failing to play a game last year and having groin surgery, Brad Crouch is expected to be like a recruit this season as the Crows look to return to finals.

WHO’S HURT

Unlike last pre-season when the rehab ward at West Lakes was beginning to get busy, the Crows have enjoyed a largely injury-free pre-season. Key defender Daniel Talia is the exception having had left knee surgery in December but he still looks like being available for Round 1. The other minor scare was Brad Crouch who missed a week of running with a foot injury but he has otherwise enjoyed a flawless summer.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

Emerging ruckman Reilly O’Brien, who is set to provide support for Sam Jacobs, and dashing half-back Wayne Milera who has been top-three in the time trials. Brodie Smith who missed most of last year while recovering from a knee reco is also flying and will slot straight back in to the half-back line.

CARLTON

WHO’S FIT

Jack Silvagni has spent a summer of explicit explosive running as he attempts to spend more time on the ball. His younger brother Ben has impressed as a switch-hitting key position player in match simulation. While the club hasn’t committed to him yet, clearance king Michael Gibbons has been a standout at training, to the point where one casual observer made the assessment that if you didn’t know who he was, he would be playing against Richmond in Round 1.

WHO’S HURT

Unfortunately, there are too many in this bracket with co-captain Sam Docherty gone for the year (knee). Recruit Mitch McGovern is running laps after suffering a non-displaced fracture of his back, Darcy Lang is highly unlikely for Round 1 (foot), Alex Fasolo is six to eight weeks (broken arm), Caleb Marchbank is on light duties (back), Jarrod Picket (knee) is a fair way off, Liam Jones (fractured hand) is running laps, Matthew Kreuzer (knee) is hopeful of being ready for Round 1 while Will Setterfield and Tom Williamson are making steady progress from long-term injuries.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

After a second year of stagnation, Sam Petrevski-Seton is flying as he prepares for more midfield time. And the Zac Fisher journey continues to grow. Number one draft pick Sam Walsh has had a stunning debut pre-season. Tom De Koning, Patrick Kerr and Harry McKay are a trio of young talls who appear ready to take the next step after improving their running during pre-season. Lochie O’Brien missed some early sessions but in the past two weeks has been blitzing on the track. Paddy Dow has increased his strength and is ready for a breakout second season.

PORT ADELAIDE

WHO’S FIT

Hamish Hartlett and Robbie Gray have both made good progress from varying degrees of knee surgery while number five draft pick Connor Rozee has not missed a session and will be right in contention for a Round 1 game. Rozee emerged as a dashing half-back in the SANFL but is eyeing a spot in Port’s forward line early in the season.

WHO’S HURT

It’s been a tumultuous month for the Power where they’ve been dogged by off-field stories they would much rather avoid. From an on-field perspective the most significant was Ollie Wines who dislocated his shoulder in a waterskiing accident and had surgery that will sideline him for 8-10 weeks. The vice-captain is doubtful for Round 1 but the Power is hopeful he is right to play in the first month of the season.

WHO’S IMPRESSING

Ryan Burton is another new face at Alberton to impress over summer and will add polish across half-back while the Power is set to play with two ruckmen after luring Scott Lycett from West Coast after the Eagles’ premiership.
The write up on Gold Coast has me more bullish for them than I expected, they are finally fit -and healthy after years of injuries.

That early game against Carlton is going to be epic.

The write up on Gold Coast has me more bullish for them than I expected, they are finally fit -and healthy after years of injuries.

That early game against Carlton is going to be epic.

Im glad the Suns play them at home early. Given the Blues injury list and players lacking preseason it could be very telling.

Back