Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth mentioning there are some over-rated first round picks (AFL Fantasy Scores):
Tarryn Thomas, Senior avg. 31. 175k.
Nick Blakey, U18 Champs avg. 67. 167k
Jye Caldwell, U18 Champs avg. 33 (I know, injury), State Junior League U18s (2018), 76 avg. 162k
Connor Rozee, SANFL avg. 70 (Decreases significantly at AFL), 189k
Isaac Quaynor, U18s avg. 74, 153,300

Meanwhile, the most underrated is Bailey Smith, 125 avg. U18 Champs, 176 avg. TAC 2018, 118 avg. TAC 2017. 180,300. Big body translates well into AFL scoring
Walsh and Ely Smith should be looked at, too.
Walsh, U18s 142 avg. TAC 151 avg. TAC (2017) 121 avg. 207k
Ely Smith, U18s 122 avg. State Junior 114 avg 117k (Worth mentioning a senior avg. of 73)

Bewley should be a lock (104 senior avg.)
Foley high (115 U18s, 139 TAC, 99 TAC 2017)
Valente high (118 U18s, 159 SANFL U18s)
Hayes (98 senior avg.)
Fort (125 VFL)

TL;DR: What's in bold

Some rookie choices questionable
Mid-Price MADNESS

As a bigfooty SC rule,

All teams posted, their rookies are place holders only. Most will include 1 or 2 expensive rookies so their structure remains in place

Last edited:

V1 completed today, albeit on the poor man's team picker. You privileged Gold campaigners should consider yourselves lucky.

I'm continuing the midprice madness bonanza that has contaminated this forum with a fair few sketchy picks. I tell myself every year after my midpricers s**t the bed spectacularly that I'll take a pure Guns n Roses approach next season, but by January I'm always drooling over all the juicy 300 400k campaigners that turned from decent to horseshit ages back, in the completely irrational hope that they remember how to play football.

pjWWbde.png

OpKmXrG.png

Midpricers:
Williams: Hasn't got a dicky ticker and knows the reason the word foot is in football.
Roberton: Has got a dicky ticker and knows the reason the word foot is in football.
Brouch: Solid set of skills, hoping he puts younger bro back in his place.
Ex-Million Dollar Man: Clarko'll do some juju on him and he'll come out next season able to outrun entire teams.
Punchable: As long as I avoid looking at his face, he's a lock. Just wish CD gave points out for kung fu kicks.

Thoughts much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The consistancy of Smith last year was excellent. Needs to be considered.

Agreed completely, missed little lunchmeat

Altho personally i can't see any improvement from him, but he's a solid pick

50000 behinds? Yeah that sounds about right for Billings.
I thought .....and thought ....and thought about including Billings at his price .......but i just can't do it !!

Have to give myself some chance of having a good SC year !

Alright Kenties, here we go

sc1.PNG
DEF: Laird never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Blakely is just a good footy player, was always gonna pick him with DEF status and news that he's going back into the middle to replace Neale are tasty. Williams, Roberton, Birchall are all no brainers if they are up and running by round 1.

MID: Mitchell, Cripps, Fyfe are the 3 SC big dogs now, just lock them in and enjoy the ride. Dusty is underpriced for what we know he can do. Libba is a contested beast and will always score well when he manages to get on the park.

RUC: Grundy a freak, Westhoff I'm happy to start at R2 and wait and see what happens with Goldy/Gawn/Krooz etc, bring the best one of those guys in and send the Hoff forward.

FWD: Danger DUR, Heeney should just keep getting better. Dunkley's end to last season is too good to ignore, although will have to see whether Libba coming back affects his mid time, Chadwick firmly in the frame there as well. Greene cheap as chips if he gets fit.

Alright Kenties, here we go

View attachment 595925
DEF: Laird never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Blakely is just a good footy player, was always gonna pick him with DEF status and news that he's going back into the middle to replace Neale are tasty. Williams, Roberton, Birchall are all no brainers if they are up and running by round 1.

MID: Mitchell, Cripps, Fyfe are the 3 SC big dogs now, just lock them in and enjoy the ride. Dusty is underpriced for what we know he can do. Libba is a contested beast and will always score well when he manages to get on the park.

RUC: Grundy a freak, Westhoff I'm happy to start at R2 and wait and see what happens with Goldy/Gawn/Krooz etc, bring the best one of those guys in and send the Hoff forward.

FWD: Danger DUR, Heeney should just keep getting better. Dunkley's end to last season is too good to ignore, although will have to see whether Libba coming back affects his mid time, Chadwick firmly in the frame there as well. Greene cheap as chips if he gets fit.

Interested to see why you've picked Bennell? He is in my side also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back