2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You say Lewy isn’t defensive enough, in the past two games he’s been laying tackles, ramming into opposition players, adjusting his defensive positioning better than last year, what isn’t he doing defensively outside of intercept marks that you’d expect his type of player to do and did you bother to watch the past two games?

As for hitting targets, I’m pretty sure he got 100% on the weekend and got around 80% disposal efficiency the weekend before.

Next I’ll address the “dumb stuff”. Can you actually remember the “dumb stuff” or are you just finding any reason to use Lewy as a whipping boy? If you’re talking about his running in circles you’re a few years too late for that complaint.

As for consistency he averaged a goal a game last year, how many players did we have do that? Not many last year. Now let’s assume you ment the past two games, then yes you are right, but he didn’t spend that much time on the ground comparatively to other players against the Swans (I think he spent 63% of the match on ground).

Fages and Noble clearly do rate him somewhat as they didn’t ship him off last year or the year before where he was playing a lot worse football than he is now. He might not be able to break into the best 22, as many players can’t at the moment, but our team lineup is very different this season and that’s the actual reason why. We didn’t need a linkup player in the midfield and we didn’t need another small forward in the forward line, hence why he doesn’t get a spot. When we do need speed, like we needed against Collingwood, then he will get a call up like he already has.
Sorry for slow reply... i see Taylor out this week, looks like his 7 touch game wasnt up to scratch.
When you only have 7 touches you would want to be going at 100% but lets be honest his % over the course of his career would not be great. Some of his turnovers have been total coach killers.
Re the Dumb stuff... there r so many past examples. Dumb stuff of the now include his walking through the mark gifting a 50m penalty goal last week allowing the swans to close the gap on the scoreboard.
Re goals. Id love to see the stats on what quarter taylor kicks his goals. He seems to bag a lot of his goals in junk time. Sprinting through untouched when the steam is out of the game. Everytime he kicks one of those i simply think where was that in the first 3/4.
You are 100% right hes not a best 22 player so i am suprised he has received such support from a few of the regulars on here.
I merely asked the question of his value on the market come the end of the year. Hes not a best 22 player for us but has played 100 games and former rising star winner, we might get a late 40 pick for him come years end. Thats what i was thinking.

Sorry for slow reply... i see Taylor out this week, looks like his 7 touch game wasnt up to scratch.
When you only have 7 touches you would want to be going at 100% but lets be honest his % over the course of his career would not be great. Some of his turnovers have been total coach killers.
Re the Dumb stuff... there r so many past examples. Dumb stuff of the now include his walking through the mark gifting a 50m penalty goal last week allowing the swans to close the gap on the scoreboard.
Re goals. Id love to see the stats on what quarter taylor kicks his goals. He seems to bag a lot of his goals in junk time. Sprinting through untouched when the steam is out of the game. Everytime he kicks one of those i simply think where was that in the first 3/4.
You are 100% right hes not a best 22 player so i am suprised he has received such support from a few of the regulars on here.
I merely asked the question of his value on the market come the end of the year. Hes not a best 22 player for us but has played 100 games and former rising star winner, we might get a late 40 pick for him come years end. Thats what i was thinking.

Reason why there was support is because people can see what Lewy brings to the team and they understand why at the moment he isn’t in the best 22. Also you went about digging at him in a way that made you look like complete arse.

Firstly about his disposal efficiency, his last two years he’s gotten roughly 70-80% at the end of a season.

Secondly about the “dumb stuff” that you still seem to be unable to explain fully, outside of the one example from very recently, what else can you bringing up to support that statement? Last year he turned over the ball a few times, but so did pretty much every other player at one point or another. He hasn’t done it consistently for years, especially not at the Cedric Cox vs Saints level of turnover. It seems that you can’t bring anything up that shows a consistent pattern, which means he doesn’t have a habit of doing “dumb stuff”, you’re just extremely biased by grouping events over time into one really stupid rant post.

As for goals, he gets them at different times of games. Kicked four against Collingwood last year. Two in the first quarter, one in the third and fourth respectively. That’s probably the best example I can bring up.

In regards to the first point you’ve made in this post, the way we set up at the start of the game no longer needs Lewy as a linkup player. I already mentioned this in the post you quoted. He also spent 63% of the match time on the ground, which leads me to believe he may have been carrying an injury or had gotten injured.

But in answer to the originally badly phrased rant post question, I don’t think it’s worth trading him at this time. As I said, Fages and Noble clearly rate him somewhat as they could’ve sent him off when he was playing worse than he is now. We also by keeping him have the option of playing that linkup player if we need it, he can also play as a small forward, he’s experience that we can’t afford to get rid right now outside of possibly Bastinac and in the two games we’ve seen him play he’s proved that he can do what the coaches ask of him, which I assume was to improve his defensive game.

Reason why there was support is because people can see what Lewy brings to the team and they understand why at the moment he isn’t in the best 22. Also you went about digging at him in a way that made you look like complete arse.

Firstly about his disposal efficiency, his last two years he’s gotten roughly 70-80% at the end of a season.

Secondly about the “dumb stuff” that you still seem to be unable to explain fully, outside of the one example from very recently, what else can you bringing up to support that statement? Last year he turned over the ball a few times, but so did pretty much every other player at one point or another. He hasn’t done it consistently for years, especially not at the Cedric Cox vs Saints level of turnover. It seems that you can’t bring anything up that shows a consistent pattern, which means he doesn’t have a habit of doing “dumb stuff”, you’re just extremely biased by grouping events over time into one really stupid rant post.

As for goals, he gets them at different times of games. Kicked four against Collingwood last year. Two in the first quarter, one in the third and fourth respectively. That’s probably the best example I can bring up.

In regards to the first point you’ve made in this post, the way we set up at the start of the game no longer needs Lewy as a linkup player. I already mentioned this in the post you quoted. He also spent 63% of the match time on the ground, which leads me to believe he may have been carrying an injury or had gotten injured.

But in answer to the originally badly phrased rant post question, I don’t think it’s worth trading him at this time. As I said, Fages and Noble clearly rate him somewhat as they could’ve sent him off when he was playing worse than he is now. We also by keeping him have the option of playing that linkup player if we need it, he can also play as a small forward, he’s experience that we can’t afford to get rid right now outside of possibly Bastinac and in the two games we’ve seen him play he’s proved that he can do what the coaches ask of him, which I assume was to improve his defensive game.
Me thinking Taylor can't play is nothing new, have been over him for bout 3 years. And posted plenty of times about him. I said he be Neafl bound this week and he is. Am confident he wont be at the lions either this off season or next. Thats my opiniin of course. Lets see what happens.

May 12 2018... watch taylor almost single handedly lose the game. Thats 2 hours of his dumb stuff cant hit targets cant tackle etc rolled into one.

It's great that we have selection dilemmas but I'd like to point something out:

We have had a bunch of high draft picks leave (apparently to their home town) chasing success.
Lewy Taylor has stuck with this club for a while now and I think his best footy is ahead of him and would like to think it will be for our club.
Lester has been an absolute rock for us. If you don't think he makes the cut right now fair enough but this guy has put everything he has into this club.

McStay is the next whipping boy and guess what - He's also Mcstayed with the team.

Our coaches are doing the right thing and giving these blokes every chance to develop.

For the "Mo" haters - He is here to stay to fill a role in our team. Suck it up - Cos "Mo" Lester is playing at a ground near you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I continue to see LION Supporters continue to critisize our players and coaches. I am positive that everyone at the club is doing their best and want success. All lions supporters want to see our sides play well and win but we need to give these people our full support. People need to cut the crap out that I see on this site. Running players and coaches down does not help our cause. Be positive whatever the result and with our results this year being better for sometime we should be pleased with the results so far. More wins to come. Come on Lion Supporters get behind everyone at the club, our knockers - PISS OFF. The Lion faithfull are moving towards future success. We could play finals with a bit of luck this year and that would be fantastic. ARE YOU A TRUE LION SUPPORTER???? GO LIONS

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I continue to see LION Supporters continue to critisize our players and coaches. I am positive that everyone at the club is doing their best and want success. All lions supporters want to see our sides play well and win but we need to give these people our full support. People need to cut the crap out that I see on this site. Running players and coaches down does not help our cause. Be positive whatever the result and with our results this year being better for sometime we should be pleased with the results so far. More wins to come. Come on Lion Supporters get behind everyone at the club, our knockers - ********. The Lion faithfull are moving towards future success. We could play finals with a bit of luck this year and that would be fantastic. ARE YOU A TRUE LION SUPPORTER???? GO LIONS
I agree with you if the critiques are personal or overly derogatory but we should be able to discuss the weaknesses and strengths of our players on field..... and off if it affects on field performance and IMO the vast majority of BF BL posters are not troll like.

We do have a positives thread if we want a totally feel good "safe space".

May 12 2018... watch taylor almost single handedly lose the game. Thats 2 hours of his dumb stuff cant hit targets cant tackle etc rolled into one.

Once again, and this what I’m getting at, your trying to establish a pattern using events that happen ages apart. Again I ask you, did you watch the previous two games where he clearly hit targets and tackled, even at the end of last year he hit targets and tackled.

Its almost as if you can’t see Taylor until he does something bad, which is a shitty position to hold.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I continue to see LION Supporters continue to critisize our players and coaches. I am positive that everyone at the club is doing their best and want success. All lions supporters want to see our sides play well and win but we need to give these people our full support. People need to cut the crap out that I see on this site. Running players and coaches down does not help our cause. Be positive whatever the result and with our results this year being better for sometime we should be pleased with the results so far. More wins to come. Come on Lion Supporters get behind everyone at the club, our knockers - ********. The Lion faithfull are moving towards future success. We could play finals with a bit of luck this year and that would be fantastic. ARE YOU A TRUE LION SUPPORTER???? GO LIONS

Agree 100%. Constructive criticism is fine but I don't get some supporters who seem to take delight in a player being omitted or performing poorly

Quigley thoughts on Darcy Parish as a trade target and potential trade value.

If played primarily as an inside mid who can go forward, is he an upgrade on Mathieson and Lyons?

I would imagine he’d better than any potential midfielder available at our first or second round picks this year.

Once again, and this what I’m getting at, your trying to establish a pattern using events that happen ages apart. Again I ask you, did you watch the previous two games where he clearly hit targets and tackled, even at the end of last year he hit targets and tackled.

Its almost as if you can’t see Taylor until he does something bad, which is a shitty position to hold.
Did he play neafl on the weekend?

Quigley thoughts on Darcy Parish as a trade target and potential trade value.

If played primarily as an inside mid who can go forward, is he an upgrade on Mathieson and Lyons?

I would imagine he’d better than any potential midfielder available at our first or second round picks this year.
Think we can trade up .... noble will be devising ways to do so right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, McStay ulis better and has his issues. Prefer to play Woller and Ballenden even Eagles.
Josh Jenkins to me is lazy ,doesn't chase and isn't all that good but he's very big ,a commodity we have plenty of.

As for Lewy I tend to agree that there will be a role for him at times and we don't have many players of his type presently.

All the guys are trying their best but not everyone can be a great player ,we just need them to do their best in the role that they're assigned .Our list can always be improved but we do have a few players to call on whom we won't know how good they are for a couple of years yet

Did he play neafl on the weekend?

If you're going to hold your argument on selection for the team, then you're on an already slippery slope, especially since you did not even try to combat my claims in regards to your opinion in both posts you've quoted now - one of which was backed up by actual statistics and not just "dumb stuff".

Notice in the first post you quoted from me (that you didn't read at all might I add otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation), where I said the reason he isn't in the team is because our team isn't set up to have a link-up player like him in the team? Do we not also have players that should be played like Keays, C. Lyons and the two Smiths who probably should be called up given recent performances?

But more importantly, are you going to address my call-outs of your shitty opinion that I have already addressed with facts? Or will you continue to not fully read my posts, pretend I haven't said certain things and backup your claims with "dumb stuff"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back