2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugh Greenwood dropped again for the Crows, IMO his best is very good, I think Fagan and co could get the best out of him more often. I wonder if Charlie was/is close to him:think:.

Rising Star.......Premiership???
Rising Star.......Premiership???
Mmmmmm???

Anyone can win a premiership, just ask Aaron Shattock.

22 players win a premiership every year but only one becomes the Rising Star.

For someone who plays purely an outside game, with largely unpressured and uncontested possessions. Kicking at 60% is not good enough.

Edit: I play plenty of attention to him, due to him being in my SuperCoach draft team. Bloke can not hit a target... I think you need to revisit your definition of "jet".

For someone who plays purely an outside game, with largely unpressured and uncontested possessions. Kicking at 60% is not good enough.

Edit: I play plenty of attention to him, due to him being in my SuperCoach draft team. Bloke can not hit a target... I think you need to revisit your definition of "jet".

I mean if that stat's true I can't really argue it.

But I keep an eye on him because I actually watch Freo games nearly every week - not just checking the app to see how his stats are going - and he passes the eye test for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean if that stat's true I can't really argue it.

But I keep an eye on him because I actually watch Freo games nearly every week - not just checking the app to see how his stats are going - and he passes the eye test for me.
Just yesterday I was reading Freo fans saying how he butchers the ball.

My bad, should have said "caleb daniel is not on the radar because he is a midget and we are not recruiting short people anymore. Plus he's average, bevo thrown him in back half as last resort. Was struggling everwhere else. And please dont highlight his 20 plus touches a game... he kicks out from goal, there is 10 freebies every week. He is turnover prone and overpaid for what he delivers. Thats my opinion of course. Feel free to talk him up if u like.

My bad, should have said "caleb daniel is not on the radar because he is a midget and we are not recruiting short people anymore. Plus he's average, bevo thrown him in back half as last resort. Was struggling everwhere else. And please dont highlight his 20 plus touches a game... he kicks out from goal, there is 10 freebies every week. He is turnover prone and overpaid for what he delivers. Thats my opinion of course. Feel free to talk him up if u like.
He's turned into their version of Jake Lloyd. All their movement out of the back half goes through him, he racks up 30+ touches (almost all uncontested) every week and opposition sides are generally happy to let him do it- oh and they also both get exposed defensively when isolated one-on-one. Rich in current form is way more damaging and much better defensively, Witherden could already do the same thing as Daniel as a first year player but will be better for having to improve his game in other areas.

We desperately need more midfield star quality and depth if we are going to be serious flag contenders and not just a filling up the 8 side.

Need to get to the trade table again this year and get a A grade to elite balanced mid.

I think the bones are there, I'm bullish that Neale, Zorko, McCluggage, and Berry are elite or on the verge of taking that step, besides that I think the pickings are slim. We need a couple of Ely Smith, Tom Berry, Tom Joyce, Brandon Starcevich or Connor McFadyen to come on quickly. When Zac Bailey comes back would it be worth trying Richy as a winger?

I think the bones are there, I'm bullish that Neale, Zorko, McCluggage, and Berry are elite or on the verge of taking that step, besides that I think the pickings are slim. We need a couple of Ely Smith, Tom Berry, Tom Joyce, Brandon Starcevich or Connor McFadyen to come on quickly. When Zac Bailey comes back would it be worth trying Richy as a winger?
Would having both Answerth and Bailey down back make us too small (both in height and build)? I wanted Bailey off half back, but now that Answerth is showing he will belong at this level maybe Bailey goes to a wing.

We desperately need more midfield star quality and depth if we are going to be serious flag contenders and not just a filling up the 8 side.

Need to get to the trade table again this year and get a A grade to elite balanced mid.

Would having both Answerth and Bailey down back make us too small (both in height and build)? I wanted Bailey off half back, but now that Answerth is showing he will belong at this level maybe Bailey goes to a wing.
Ideally, Bailey goes back in to the midfield and is MRobbo’s successor.

Starc showed something last year. he looked up to it to me. I want to see him get another go after the break at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back