2019 Trade thread

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Starc showed something last year. he looked up to it to me. I want to see him get another go after the break at some stage.
O reckon Starc would look good starting off HB and then in a few years going into the midfield. He is a good build, good user of the footy and good decision maker and has a bit of pace iirc

Hear me out fellas.

SIER FROM COLLINGWOOD.

Bloke is JACKED. Bloke is huge and absolutely kills it for Collingwood. Our boy Beams was keeping him out. He knows it is hard for opportunities at Collingwood and he's only a Beams hip replacement away from being dropped again.

Hope Fagnob have made the call. Would compliment our midfield setup perfectly.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hear me out fellas.

SIER FROM COLLINGWOOD.

Bloke is JACKED. Bloke is huge and absolutely kills it for Collingwood. Our boy Beams was keeping him out. He knows it is hard for opportunities at Collingwood and he's only a Beams hip replacement away from being dropped again.

I would of thought he be part of the beams deal last year.
Local vic boy pretty sure local vic clubs be looking.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hear me out fellas.

SIER FROM COLLINGWOOD.

Plus all the Pies fans want him in the team permanently and Beams on the bench.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would having both Answerth and Bailey down back make us too small (both in height and build)? I wanted Bailey off half back, but now that Answerth is showing he will belong at this level maybe Bailey goes to a wing.

I don't think we're going to have an issue being too small down back, we have three tall defenders who are either great or decent, and plenty more tall defenders behind them on the list.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's not kid ourselves we have the worst forwardline in the competition we don't score enough to really challenge anyone we desperately need a key forwad capable of actually beatting his opponent and that isn't Hipwood or McStay who definitely don't

Assuming this is a joke but just in case....

If we’re one of the highest scoring teams with the worst forwardline we’ll be unstoppable with a half decent key forward.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Assuming this is a joke but just in case....

If we’re one of the highest scoring teams with the worst forwardline we’ll be unstoppable with a half decent key forward.
The games we've lost this season are when McStay and Hipwood are well beaten by they're opponent the Carlton game says it all really 63 points against the AFL's weakest defence just isn't good enough the Lions have scored well at home but go missing when they travel

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The games we've lost this season are when McStay and Hipwood are well beaten by they're opponent the Carlton game says it all really 63 points against thAFL weakest defence just isn't good enough the Lions have scored well at home but go missing when they travel

Every single game we've lost this year we have lost contested ball badly. What do you think that tells us about where our weakness as a team is?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The games we've lost this season are when McStay and Hipwood are well beaten by they're opponent the Carlton game says it all really 63 points against the AFL's weakest defence just isn't good enough the Lions have scored well at home but go missing when they travel

Did you watch the game?

I think we won 1 or 2 clearances in the third quarter. Yep that’s the forwards fault.

Did you watch the game?

I think we won 1 or 2 clearances in the third quarter. Yep that’s the forwards fault.

A bit like when people take shots at our NEAFL defenders for not doing enough and the ball was hardly ever down their end ...

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix

DashinD

All Australian
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/out-of-contract-sier-wants-to-stay-at-pies-20190610-p51wbh.html

Dear Brayden, while you might be happy at The Filth, you'd be be F'ing ecstatic up in Queensland my boy. Think of the beaches, the chicks, the overs we would likely have to pay you to save you from Eddie, and we you will likely even get a regular game (sorry Matho)
"Yeah, bloody oath. I love Collingwood. I love the coaching staff, I love the boys," Sier told The Age.

Sounds a bit familiar actually,
And kind of looks similar to Beams on the field as well (minus the Tatts).

Players don’t generally leave Collingwood, pipe dream.

Except to come to Brisbane (Beams, Michael, Paine, whoever got sent up in exchange for Buckley).

Back