2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The requirement is that there are three changes to the senior list (through the draft and rookie list upgrades) which means three players have to be delisted, retired, rookie listed or traded. From memory I think each club is required to make one live pick in the draft as the other two spots can be filled by rookie list elevations.

I'd still be expecting 2-3 pick swaps from here for us.

We have 7 picks inside 64 and actually traded down in the draft to get that 64 indicating we see value in it.

eg. 16+21 to move up. 34 used live.

Adelaide only have 4 picks (4/23/28/49) but seem to have lots of players leaving so you would assume they might need to do some splitting of picks. Maybe they would do 49 for 55 and 64 or similar.

Also some potential to shift picks this year to next year. eg. 55 for a future 4th round pick just to increase flexibility next year.

Cutler + pick 48 for Essendon's Pick 33 maybe.

The requirement is that there are three changes to the senior list which means three players have to be delisted, retired, rookie listed or traded. From memory I think each club is required to make one live pick in the draft as the other two spots can be filled by rookie list elevations.
How I remember it currently we have 7 picks and minus 2 list spots.
You assume Cutler trade goes through.
Only other talk was N Robbo and Archie on news and people here thinking someone might think about Lester, Walker or Keays.

I can’t be the only one that thinks St Kilda came out in front in the Hill trade??

10 in a weak draft, later picks, and Acres for a superstar, guaranteed talent. Would take that any day of the week.

Haven’t rated what the Saints have done / doing thus far - Ryder is past it, Jones is average, Butler ordinary. But Hill is a great get considering they started with picks 6 and 50 odd and nothing in between.

I hope the only players of the experienced depth we are moving on are the speculated probables ie. Lewy Taylor, Tom Cutler and Ryan Bastinac.

Hopefully we keep the likes of Allen Christensen, Nick Robertson, Josh Walker, Ryan Lester as depth.

We need a bit of experienced depth in case we have a not so good injury run in 2020, can't rely on our group of 2018 and 2019 draftees to step straight up if injury occurs.
I'd be happy with that

I can’t be the only one that thinks St Kilda came out in front in the Hill trade??

10 in a weak draft, later picks, and Acres for a superstar, guaranteed talent. Would take that any day of the week.

Haven’t rated what the Saints have done / doing thus far - Ryder is past it, Jones is average, Butler ordinary. But Hill is a great get considering they started with picks 6 and 50 odd and nothing in between.

Do you expect them to be pushing for a premiership while Hill is still playing decent footy in the next few years? Otherwise surely bringing in some talent that will be there longer term would have been smarter.

Seems similar to our Beams trade.

I sort of think the Hill trade is lose-lose.

Yes, Freo gets good draft value, but you just can’t win in a repeat game if you keep losing your better players. Hogan is still a high risk proposition, so I would say their list is meaningfully worse than it was two years ago.

St Kilda, I think, paid too much for an odd intake of players.

Bulldogs are having a bit of trouble getting their trades done.
What about if we were to offer 16 and 34 for the Bulldogs 13.
34 will give them further currency for their trades.
And we would have better currency with 13 and 21 to move into the top 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs are having a bit of trouble getting their trades done.
What about if we were to offer 16 and 34 for the Bulldogs 13.
34 will give them further currency for their trades.
And we would have better currency with 13 and 21 to move into the top 10?
Great minds think alike Dlions, I was going to post that exact idea. Doesn't look all that great on paper but if it gets us even further up the draft board it would be worth it IMO.

Seeing as we've traded away our second and fourth round picks next year you'd think we might try to trade one or two of our third round picks for someone else's future third rounder.

It feels like a bit of a mess at the moment.Too many picks, not enough list spots. We might be cornered into having to make negative trades just to use all of the assets we've acquired.

Great minds think alike Dlions, I was going to post that exact idea. Doesn't look all that great on paper but if it gets us even further up the draft board it would be worth it IMO.
If we can get something back with the deal to move up it would be fine.
Depending on who we deal with, but if we were to get a pick back in the 30’s would be awesome.

Jack Steven for pick 58 is the steal of this year. I hope for his sake he settles at Geelong and gets his head in a good place and if he does the Cats get an elite player for scraps. The kid can football.

Add to my other post as I did not add ins sorry :(
Out:
Hodge
Taylor

Basti Rookie not offical

In:
Ah Chee
Birchall
CEY
upgrade Big O

So down 2 spots on main list
Although have 2 spots on Rookie so if we move Example C Lyons and say Skinner.
We have zero to take to draft and 7 spots.. You assume we try to draft 4-5.
So 4-5 to go.

Clubs rather find a home then delist so I say if we moving on Cutler, N Robbo etc we look around now.

Add to that 3-4 draft picks as well.

Three boys traded in Big O upgraded plus 4 draft picks. That’s 8 senior list spots. So far two out that leaves 6 spots to find.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jack Steven for pick 58 is the steal of this year. I hope for his sake he settles at Geelong and gets his head in a good place and if he does the Cats get an elite player for scraps. The kid can football.

Basically a direct swap for Zach Smith. A great deal for the cats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back