2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we should try and convince Martin. Would happily use pick 16 on him.

One thing is we are getting a really good indigenous culture here, with CEY and AhChee adding to it, and a couple of Coleman kids in the pipeline. He would certainly be in a comfortable envioronment. As well as Fages and the rest.

I was never sold on him. I don't believe he will be on an AFL list in 2 years time. I think our coaches have a good history of knowing when to cash out on players and they know more than we do. I don't think Cutler will any different. Hope i am proven wrong though, I do wish him all the best.

Same with Lewey. Absolutely love him, one of my fave players in the last decade, I just think he will be playing NEAFL for Sydney in his third year.

This, and sometimes in any workplace you need to move on. Some on here have reported Cuts was a bit miffed at not being best 22, maybe the coaches can read a bit of this in body language and know when a change of scenery is best for both the player and the club. Taylor has tested his value before I believe and came up wanting. Calls need to be made and I think the team dealt with the situation with dignity for all. Clean air for the next gen.

He’s one half of the GC fan podcast, if I remember correctly he was 17’er on the GC big footy page, very “militant” you could say. Was banned for being overly aggressive.

I think he also works across the road from the Gabba, and I suspect he’s an ex Lions member.
Whoever he is, his trolling is masterful. Either he is thinkingly challenged or he has some of the finer points of trolling within his grasp.

I'm going with the latter. The full thread is worth a read.

I was never sold on him. I don't believe he will be on an AFL list in 2 years time. I think our coaches have a good history of knowing when to cash out on players and they know more than we do. I don't think Cutler will any different. Hope i am proven wrong though, I do wish him all the best.

Same with Lewey. Absolutely love him, one of my fave players in the last decade, I just think he will be playing NEAFL for Sydney in his third year.

I listened to a Fagan radio interview and he mentioned Squizzy. Said he got injured during the bye. interesting wording - anyone know about this?

So he fell out of the team who went on to win nine. Our game became more crash and bash which doesn’t suit his lighter body.

Lions fans I know it’s only a video clip but really impressed with ah chee. Seems a genuine kid and with his talent could really lift our team. Seems awesome and I’m glad to have him on the lions

The mongrel have rather surprisingly rated us as the winners of trade period. Thought we did well but not that well!
They also have Carlton at 4th best?????

They also have Carlton at 4th best?????

Yeah, was surprised that they seemed to hold carltons continuing record of promising the world and delivering a faded picture of a round object against the suns but not Carlton. I also didn't think gws should be that far down the list, salary dumping and losing pick swaps to move up the draft makes a lot of sense in the context of their off-season.

Still,im glad to see someone rated out moves! Reckon it's been a really solid period from nobes and co

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I would be?
List spots are too tight this year, to be making room for a Brother just for the sake of it.
With Buzza coming in because he's a Queenslander and BAahChee cause he's a brother who do you reckon we should de-list to make room? Remember we need spots for the draft and upgrades as well.

With Buzza coming in because he's a Queenslander and BAahChee cause he's a brother who do you reckon we should de-list to make room? Remember we need spots for the draft and upgrades as well.
No one!
No more than what we need, to make room for the draft.
The way I see it, other than blokes who are already on the list who may be delisted to be re-rookied, I don’t think we pick anyone new in the rookie draft.

Unless something has just been announced, I would be surprised if Buzza gets a gig with the Lions. Maybe a Brissy NEAFL side but that would be it I would say.

Sad to see Nick Robertson won't be a part of the club that he played for with such honour and pride. Glad that he finished with an outstanding game against GWS. Really hope he finds a new club and performs well for them.

The club is in great position now due to many reasons and one of them is having great clubmen like Lewy and Nick who were there in the hard times and stayed loyal and kept the playing group strong.

Good luck Nick for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back