Review 2020 AFL Draft - The Unlucky Ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you think Tanner Bruhn ends up? He looked positively thrilled at being selected by them
I think he was more realising that he now has to crack into the gws midfield to get a game. That's a long queue to have to try push to the front of.

Kalin Lane. I would have thought that he would have been a bit more in demand and a better selection than Henry Smith (Brisbane Lions) and Samson Ryan (Richmond).

Kalin Lane. I would have thought that he would have been a bit more in demand and a better selection than Henry Smith (Brisbane Lions) and Samson Ryan (Richmond).
Seen a lot of Henry Smith have you?

Did Kalin Lane play in the 2019 U17's Future Stars game which is usually a fair indication of where the players are rated a year out from their draft?

Ruckmen Henry Smith and Shannon Neale both played in that Grand Final curtain raiser and both were drafted...Henry Walsh also played and went through undrafted.

Did Kalin Lane play in the 2019 U17's Future Stars game which is usually a fair indication of where the players are rated a year out from their draft?

Ruckmen Henry Smith and Shannon Neale both played in that Grand Final curtain raiser and both were drafted...Henry Walsh also played and went through undrafted.

Opinions are like ar2eholes... everyone has one. You obviously have some sort of man crush on him. Played as an ad-hoc ruckman and more of a forward. Can't see his game translating into a long term career as a forward and definitely not as a ruck. Guess time will tell.

Henry Smith has a lot of work to do to get to AFL level looking at his combine results 8 minute 2klm time with 3.4 20mtrs time
Thinking Lumbering Ruckman

Henry Smith has a lot of work to do to get to AFL level looking at his combine results 8 minute 2klm time with 3.4 20mtrs time
Thinking Lumbering Ruckman
I'm not suggesting he'll ever be near the player Max Gawn is but look at his improvement over the years, big fella's take time and he certainly has that on his side. Worth remembering also he hardly had any pre-season recovering from surgery over the break and had a very late start to the season. Good overhead, sound below his knees and a decent kick for a big developing lad.

Fair enough that you rate Henry Smith so highly.

A few questions for your good self, if I may ?

How muck of Lane have you seen ?

You mention Shannon Neale as quality and worthy of being drafted where he was, so my next question is how did you rate Neale's game when he came up against Lane ?

How would you rate Lane's progression through the Colts 2020 season ?

As I said at the start of this post, I am not bagging either Smith or your opinion of him, rather just wanting to understand how much exposure of Lane you have had.

Fair enough that you rate Henry Smith so highly.

A few questions for your good self, if I may ?

How muck of Lane have you seen ?

You mention Shannon Neale as quality and worthy of being drafted where he was, so my next question is how did you rate Neale's game when he came up against Lane ?

How would you rate Lane's progression through the Colts 2020 season ?

As I said at the start of this post, I am not bagging either Smith or your opinion of him, rather just wanting to understand how much exposure of Lane you have had.
I never said anything about rating Smith highly I had him as definitely draftable possibly rookie in this particular draft with an eye firmly to the future.

As for the Kalin Lane vs Henry Smith vs Shannon Neale my only comment was Shannon Neale, Henry Smith and Henry Walsh were selected in last year's U17's Future Stars game which is a fair indicator usually that they are rated the best prospects for next year's draft by the recruiters.

I have had very little exposure to Kalin Lane and never claimed that I had, and by the way where did I say Shannon Neale was quality? He's another I saw as definitely draftable with an eye to the future especially given his athleticism,

I merely said they were obviously rated to have got a a spot in the Future Stars game.

Disappointed Pescud and Lake didn't get picked anywhere coming from the Suns academy. Hopefully they can have cracking seasons somewhere and get put themselves forward for a chance next season.

Max took it pretty well
Disappointed at first but picked himself up and dusted himself off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Kyle Dunkley? Will he be an Essendon train on player, hopefully picked up in the supplementary draft or was Dodo was telling porkies to bend big bruv over?
If it’s the latter, I’m betting their old man won’t be too happy. I think the bombers will need to target another player and whisper sweet nothings in his ear
The old man just needs to shut his mouth and stay out of it.
Bombers should only consider Kyle purely if they think he'll play a role in their side moving forward.

The Dunkleys are starting to sound like spoilt *s

So when can we expect to see the clubs training lists? I thought I read invitations needed to be finalised this week?
Zavier Maher is gonna train with the Blues as well as Oscar McDonald and Callum Moore

Zavier Maher is gonna train with the Blues as well as Oscar McDonald and Callum Moore

Unconfirmed right now but WWT mature ager Rhyan Mansell is training with the Tigers. That's the only name mentioned other than Eggolesse-Smith so far.

Unconfirmed right now but WWT mature ager Rhyan Mansell is training with the Tigers. That's the only name mentioned other than Eggolesse-Smith so far.
Can players who were eligible for NGA but overlooked still be taken as cat b rookie to the club they were eligible to?

eg Mansell was a NGA tassie kid for us but we overlooked him last year. is he still an nga eligible for us for a period of time

The old man just needs to shut his mouth and stay out of it.
Bombers should only consider Kyle purely if they think he'll play a role in their side moving forward.

The Dunkleys are starting to sound like spoilt fu**s

Entitled is the term i'd use. The old man holds a grudge better than most too

Can players who were eligible for NGA but overlooked still be taken as cat b rookie to the club they were eligible to?

eg Mansell was a NGA tassie kid for us but we overlooked him last year. is he still an nga eligible for us for a period of time

I'm not sure but I think in this case given he's played the year in SA and North passed over him in his first draft eligible year I'd think not.

Nope , If you overlooked you miss the chance .

Mansell was eligible in 2018

AFAIK once a player turns 21 they're not eligible for any Academy selection regardless of moving out of the region, outside of that I assume Mansell is ineligible similar to a player that's Under 18 because he's now moved out of the NGA zone for North

Mansell was eligible in 2018

AFAIK once a player turns 21 they're not eligible for any Academy selection regardless of moving out of the region, outside of that I assume Mansell is ineligible similar to a player that's Under 18 because he's now moved out of the NGA zone for North
If i am North i look at Brodie Lake . BF recruiters keep saying he should be in open draft, he is and nobody drafted him .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back