Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RudyBlue

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
How's equalisation going..... last 20 year this century.
1 team, 4 premierships (Hawks)
3 teams, 3 premierships (Geelong, Brisbane, Richmond)
2 teams, 2 premierships (Sydney, Weagles)
7 unique premiers in each decade since 1990...

I don’t mind that the well run teams get a rewarded with multiple flags

I can.

I think we’ll win and win well.

I wasn’t particularly impressed by them yesterday.

Geelong sh*t the bed.
can anyone explain to my horsey brain what actually went wrong for the Cats? It looked like they just folded...but why? what happened to Danger? was it a loss in the coach's box?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not one player on that list deserves a premiership medal. Let alone three!

Seventeen coaches in the AFL have been beaten by what they know. And their incompetence has gifted those Richmond imposters three fu**en flags!

DISGRACEFUL!

tenor.gif

What a weird take.

Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm sorry, but no, we're not. It bothers me when I see this said, as though children or 'this generation' are incapable of passion for the sport or a team.

We're not losing jack sh*t. Richmond were sh*t for 30 years, and lost no-one. Hell, they gained more than just a few. We have one of the best nascent supporter groups out there; there's a reason why our membership has grown under Liddle, and it isn't just because of membership autorenewal.

We need to keep plugging along, and be willing to cop a lot of sh*t, just as we were when we started this thing.
Could not said it better myself, IMO Collingwood and Carlton still have the most fans in terms of people identifying with an AFL team.

plentyblckie

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2009
plenty
AFL Club
Carlton
So what's the chink?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We all know they just like to keep moving the ball forward and do it quickly. As a team they move forward with the ball. When they turn it over going forward they try to get back as quickly as they can.
They give u 2 chances.
1. Often they just hack it forward and can turn it over
2. When they do turn it over they are wide open and out of position. They leave a bucket load of space.
U need to hit them quickly. Every team pisses around with the ball and allow then to reset defensively. Go quick and get the couple of guys who sit deepest for them one on one at worst.
Bris went quick every chance they could when they turned it over.
Look at the* game where statistically them killed them but just won by 2 goals. * ess hit them on the break to keep scoring. Who carnt beat them playing slow precise footy. Pressure them as they are going forward and if u get it off them just go quick. Dont sll9w grimes and vlastin to play the interceptor..make them play one on one. Even look at our last 2 gsmes sgsinst them. As soon as we put pace into our offensive play not only did we nullify them when got on top of them.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Just on another note, I can’t believe how much Geelong has now underachieved. They have been playing off for a premiership for the last 9 years and nothing to show for it. That would be devastating for them. :p
Maybe. I'd take their record over the last 9 years over ours in a heartbeat, though.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton

So, you're telling me you'd have our 2015-2018 over theirs?

I'm sorry, but I prefer winning to losing.

So do I but not winning a Premieship and being thrown out at Prelim finals would be very, very disappointing and unsuccessful. Success is about winning your fair share of GF in 9 years of competing. That’s all I’m saying.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So do I but not winning a Premieship and being thrown out at Prelim finals would be very, very disappointing and unsuccessful. Success is about winning your fair share of GF in 9 years of competing. That’s all I’m saying.
I get that, and I'm no doubt they're disappointed to have gotten nothing since 2011. But that's a different thing completely to saying you'd take our last 9 years over theirs.

They've made finals every year over that time. They've been top 4 in most of those years. They've put some pretty good sides to the sword, and they've made a grand final. We've won 2 spoons, and we've gone through 4 coaches; we've shredded the list we had before shredding it again in order to fix it.

I'm cool to agree to disagree if you like. I just think of all the stress we could've saved ourselves if our situations were reversed, how much shame we could've been spared. No flag for such dominance hurts, sure, but I'm not sure it hurts more than being a laughing stock.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
I get that, and I'm no doubt they're disappointed to have gotten nothing since 2011. But that's a different thing completely to saying you'd take our last 9 years over theirs.

They've made finals every year over that time. They've been top 4 in most of those years. They've put some pretty good sides to the sword, and they've made a grand final. We've won 2 spoons, and we've gone through 4 coaches; we've shredded the list we had before shredding it again in order to fix it.

I'm cool to agree to disagree if you like. I just think of all the stress we could've saved ourselves if our situations were reversed, how much shame we could've been spared. No flag for such dominance hurts, sure, but I'm not sure it hurts more than being a laughing stock.

Had the same discussion today with a couple of others. It’s an interesting discussion.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Just on another note, I can’t believe how much Geelong has now underachieved. They have been playing off for a premiership for the last 9 years and nothing to show for it. That would be devastating for them. :p
I would might some of that “underachievement” at Carlton. I get what you are saying though. They seem to stumble at the important hurdles.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
"Can we get there again?" Is also my fear... I just can't trust the club yet.. I can't remember last time going to matches with my chest pumped out knowing the team we are playing is going to get battered rather its just "fu**, which Carlton team are we going to see today?"

I don't want to become another Melbourne...

Yes you guys will

I have made 2 x $500 bets with Pies supporters that Carlton will finish higher than Collingwood in 2021
Carlton are almost there (finals) and once you get there then anything can happen. Williams & Saad are both very good gets just need 2 more players with elite pace in the foward line.

Round 1 next year will be a good game and i honestly am looking foward to Carltons improvement next year.

Just let us get 1 more before you take over

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
can anyone explain to my horsey brain what actually went wrong for the Cats? It looked like they just folded...but why? what happened to Danger? was it a loss in the coach's box?
Very simple , Richmond got ontop in the midfield after Hardwick moved Balta into the ruck pushing foward and players like Bolton , Edwards , Short , Prestia started getting the ball and Dusty had support and room to go foward more. Scott should have moved Danger into the midfield but Danger is all about Dangerfield. Richmond faulted for a while setting up in the backline after Vlastuin went of and Broad finally got ontop there

Very simple , Richmond got ontop in the midfield. Richmond faulted for awhile setting up in the backline after Vlastuin went of and Broad finally got ontop there
Cheers.
Faltered?
I would have put a new Player on Dusty per quarter.
Gazzas handball was sublime.
Congrats!
Now go celebrate in yer own paddock.

Back