2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The ability of Harbrow to play another season comes on the back of an incredible resurgence for the defender.

Haha gold.
There’s half a line about on field next year and 2 paragraphs about what he offers off it.
You nailed it earlier regarding the soft cap.

Jarvis Pina is a young quick rebound defender. Hasn’t been given a chance at Freo even after playing well in the WAFL. Would be worth a look.

“His decision opens the way for several other inside midfielders to potentially change clubs with Gold Coast's Will Brodie believed to be in the Bombers' sights while the Suns are interested in dual premiership Tiger Nathan Broad”.

Bombers still interested in Brodie.

So what’s fair for Brodie At the trade table?
This is one of the questions that frustrates me the most with the coaches not giving Brodie any opportunity. He’s a good enough player to warrant a first round pick, but we’ll be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

If I were Essendon I probably wouldn’t expect to give much more than a 3rd

This is one of the questions that frustrates me the most with the coaches not giving Brodie any opportunity. He’s a good enough player to warrant a first round pick, but we’ll be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

If I were Essendon I probably wouldn’t expect to give much more than a 3rd
And given it is Essendon it will probably be a 4th

So if it’s correct that Nathan Broad is coming can someone tell me what he offers as I dont watch any Richmond games. I’ve looked at the stats on AFL.com and disposal efficiency is good but he doesn’t get much of it and obviously stats don’t tell a full story
He's more a stopper than rebounder, but can play small or tall and very good defensively. Something we really lack is that 'in betweener'. He's not going to be able to stop guys like Hawkins, but he would have been able to stop, or at least help stop Toby Greene. He's an experienced medium defender that isn't yet wrecked by injury.

So what’s fair for Brodie At the trade table?
Peanuts. Third rounder or worse, probably.

We paid something like a third rounder for Hugh Greenwood, right? And Hugh had already demonstrated an ability to play at the level consistently.

Unfortunately Brodie has lost all of his currency. Though I don't know why he'd want to go to the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly. I'd genuinely, much rather keep him.

Depends if we want to use Brodie‘s $400k per season on another player.

Same with 2MP on $500k per season.

$900k for 2 players stuck in the reserves. We are horribly overpaying both.

...And the crazy thing is Gunston at Hawks only gets $500k a season. And is open to exploring his options, even though the Hawks want to keep him.

“Gunston, 28, is understood to be open to considering all options at season’s end as the Hawks look to rebuild”.

“Gunston has two more years on his contract and is believed to be on about $500,000 a season”.

Last edited:
For Rookie list spot don't mind Dixon and Pina . You don't need first round pick like Brodie and Wright playing reserve . If both come good ,buy cheap sell high, worse case scenario delist them like Joyce after one year.

“The futures of forwards Brody Mihocek and Jaidyn Stephenson remain up in the air, with the former offered a “below-par contract offer” according to a Herald Sun report earlier this month.

Hard-running wingman Tom Phillips is another name being thrown up as gettable for rival clubs this off-season”.

A few Pies being squeezed out due to cap space. Phillips outside run could be useful?

“The futures of forwards Brody Mihocek and Jaidyn Stephenson remain up in the air, with the former offered a “below-par contract offer” according to a Herald Sun report earlier this month.

Hard-running wingman Tom Phillips is another name being thrown up as gettable for rival clubs this off-season”.

A few Pies being squeezed out due to cap space. Phillips outside run could be useful?

Would prefer Phillips over Atkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back