2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fiorini the worst.
5th in BF last year.

In the leadership group.
Let’s play you out of position for 2 games then banish you forever.
players in the current age need to adapt and be able to play multiple positions. Failure to do so sees this same situation occur.

The Ignore function is great...
You also get to try and guess what has derailed the thread....

Agree. As far as guessing what has derailed the thread, if you get curious you can always check it out but it is rare that I do.

We've treated 2MP Fiorini and Brodie terribly
How awful to be a professional footballer in good health and the prime of your football career and sit out an entire season
Just awful
I think we've treated 2MP reasonably well, really. Fiorini a bit less so. Definitely agree on Brodie.

I'd have to disagree because I don't think Sam Day has done enough to warrant the perseverance in selection he was awarded this year
When is not enough enough?
Obviously well into next season at least for Sam Day

Day chases and that what Dew seems to want - a team that can defend and chase all over the field.

2MP can't provide a decent contest and is embarrassing how bad his pace is when chasing from behind to even apply pressure - Day's contests are not much better but at least he can be a net positive in a team defence construct.

Day chases and that what Dew seems to want - a team that can defend and chase all over the field.

2MP can't provide a decent contest and is embarrassing how bad his pace is when chasing from behind to even apply pressure - Day's contests are not much better but at least he can be a net positive in a team defence construct.
So do we need to look for another KPF in the draft because Sam will be 29 next year and I'm not sure I see big upside?

We've treated 2MP Fiorini and Brodie terribly
How awful to be a professional footballer in good health and the prime of your football career and sit out an entire season
Just awful

Fiorini and Brodie may have to look for a midfield gig elsewhere.

They can't really play anywhere else, and it seems obvious that Dew likes mids with some combination of speed, burst, competitiveness, a defensive mindset and ability to pressure the opposition.

Being able to actually win the ball a lot and get a possession is down the list a bit for now.Given that, not surprised that Tom Mitchell left Sydney, Jarred Lyons was let go from the Suns, and Fiorini is not in the first picked midfield rotation.

Suspect Rowell and Ando will fix a lot of our issues in the next few years since they seem to be win the ball as well as do a lot of other things Dew is looking for. But Dew sure seems picky when it comes to who plays in the midfield.

Fiorini and Brodie may have to look for a midfield gig elsewhere.

They can't really play anywhere else, and it seems obvious that Dew likes mids with some combination of speed, burst, competitiveness, a defensive mindset and ability to pressure the opposition.

Being able to actually win the ball a lot and get a possession is down the list a bit for now.Given that, not surprised that Tom Mitchell left Sydney, Jarred Lyons was let go from the Suns, and Fiorini is not in the first picked midfield rotation.

Suspect Rowell and Ando will fix a lot of our issues in the next few years since they seem to be win the ball as well as do a lot of other things Dew is looking for. But Dew sure seems picky when it comes to who plays in the midfield.
Being able to balance defensive movements and still being attacking is what i believe is asked the most put of our mids. Fiorini is horrific when the other team is on the spread. He doesn't work back hard enough.
Will had issues with it but he wasn't as bad as Fiorini but how many big slow mids can we carry? Pretty much carrying Swallow these days

Being able to balance defensive movements and still being attacking is what i believe is asked the most put of our mids. Fiorini is horrific when the other team is on the spread. He doesn't work back hard enough.
Will had issues with it but he wasn't as bad as Fiorini but how many big slow mids can we carry? Pretty much carrying Swallow these days

could push swallow to half forward as a defensive marking forward.

And bring in Brodie or Fiorini both would average close to 25 touches a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back