2020 Draft and Trades Thread

What would Scharenberg be worth? He could play Bowes position very well

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Out of contract. Probably not a lot. 3rd rounder? While he has done three ACLs in his journey as a footballer, he is ripe now. Played a couple games when Howe went down, and we all thought he was his likely replacement. As he is an intercept defender, good one on one. Not overly fast though, seems we have gone with Madgen instead who seems to put himself in front of Shaz; unfortunately. Was pick 6 in the 2013 draft; just his body has let him down.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Out of contract. Probably not a lot. 3rd rounder? While he has done three ACLs in his journey as a footballer, he is ripe now. Played a couple games when Howe went down, and we all thought he was his likely replacement. As he is an intercept defender, good one on one. Not overly fast though, seems we have gone with Madgen instead who seems to put himself in front of Shaz; unfortunately. Was pick 6 in the 2013 draft; just his body has let him down.
5th rounder

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another out of the box one but Nakia Cockatoo?
I know, I know.. played about 15 full games in 6 years.

However, he is seriously talented. Would be a massive point of difference for us running through the midfield.
Can be a game winner.
Maybe getting him out of the frigid winters of Geelong will help reduce his soft tissue injuries.
We've had a great run injury wise recently.

Brisbane, I assume will also be sniffing around.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Another out of the box one but Nakia Cockatoo?
I know, I know.. played about 15 full games in 6 years.

However, he is seriously talented. Would be a massive point of difference for us running through the midfield.
Can be a game winner.
Maybe getting him out of the frigid winters of Geelong will help reduce his soft tissue injuries.
We've had a great run injury wise recently.

Brisbane, I assume will also be sniffing around.
Only ever had more then 15 touches in a game once. Just doesnt find enough ball to be damaging enough imo, I would pass

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Only ever had more then 15 touches in a game once. Just doesnt find enough ball to be damaging enough imo, I would pass
The old cliche "doesn't need many touches to influence the game" applies to Cockatoo.
High number of score involvements and tackles inside 50 for a guy that plays half forward / wing / midfield.

I wouldn't mind giving him 2 years on minimum contract money.
Would get him for zero.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
The old cliche "doesn't need many touches to influence the game" applies to Cockatoo.
High number of score involvements and tackles inside 50 for a guy that plays half forward / wing / midfield.

Would get him for zero.
Yeah I guess, he just as always looked like a tease of a player who will never get there to me. Plus injury history is a mess

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Would get him for zero.
I'd rather use the pick in a crapshoot

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Would get him for zero.
I rather roll a dice on state league player , rather than injuries history players , good luck saad , Tim Kelley , Stewart , michoeck , Liam Ryan , Luke Ryan , Riccardi with minimum wages. Worse case scenario low mid range draft pick with min salary .

* An injured or ineffective Bennell is pointless .

Last edited:

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Marley Williams now a DFA. Good defender, good speed, bad kick.
Wouldn’t be opposed to taking him provided it was made clear Luko, Collins and Bowes do the kicking.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Marley Williams now a DFA. Good defender, good speed, bad kick.
Wouldn’t be opposed to taking him provided it was made clear Luko, Collins and Bowes do the kicking.
Its a no for me purely for off field stuff. Have a mate who played with him at Collingwood VFL, A grade ******* off the field

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Its a no for me purely for off field stuff. Have a mate who played with him at Collingwood VFL, A grade ******* off the field
If that’s the case then I take it back.
Alternatively could offer Frawley a contract. Still good for locking down tall forwards, would allow Collins and Ballard to flourish as 2nd and 3rd talls

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
North Melbourne going full scorched Earth.
Bad decision imo. They’ll end up in a cycle of being too young all the time like GC and Carlton have been locked in for too long. Needed to maintain a few, even if they are just considered reserves players for next season.

Back