2020 Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

That will be true. You are basically competing with us, GWS, Doggies and Melbourne for two finals spots. So it's unlikely you will get blasted out of contention by world beating teams racking up wins. All 5 are likely going to be limping pathetically towards the finish line to some extent.
Yep, although I think dogs are done.
We can lose 3 games and still make it curtesy of the draw. They can only lose one more with their bad percentage. Lose two and they're out.
I don't expect GWS to recover either.

Based on games remaining, Melbourne and Collingwood will take the last two spots.

The other thing with Richmond is they have somehow avoided a condensed fixture.
The breaks being 6-5-6-4-9-5-5-6-9 the 4 day break got beaten by port and the 2nd of the b2b 5 day breaks is WCE who come off 4 flying from Perth.

The strangest thing is right now they get 9 days off and it’s not even a bye. When the Perth sides got a bye it was an 8 day break lol.
No trips to Perth or Adelaide or even a Queensland opponent on their home ground.
I have no idea how Richmond have pulled this off but it’s incredible.

Also all finals played should just be at whatever ground can hold the most. However somehow that’s irrelevant this year.

If Richmond was to host a final vs port it should be in Adelaide, if hosting Brisbane it should be at the Gabba as we need to make sure as many fans as possible can see it.
We know how Richmond handle port fans. Even only 10k of them.
Not every team can get as well looked after as Richmond.

played every game in Melbourne before the move, then have played every game bar two in QLD and will only have to travel out of QLD once more for the rest of the season and that’s for a neutral game. No trips to Perth for the AFLs no1 team.
They play in Adelaide in Adelaide. They already played Port in Adelaide off a 4 day break. Geelong, Collingwood and West coast didn't play Port in Adelaide. They play Essendon in Darwin. I don't know why people are so obsessed with pulling apart breaks and travel in such a strange season. Geelong showed that breaks don't really matter last night. They'll win if they're good enough regardless of circumstances.

Except round 1 when you played on your home ground.

Oh, and then round 2 when you played on your home ground.

Oh, and then round 3 when you played on your home ground.

Oh, and then round 5 when you played on your home ground.

But yeah apart from those 4 of first 5 rounds, you've had zero games on your home ground.

and all were against teams that also call that ground home.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with pulling apart breaks and travel in such a strange season.

Because they want to distract from some clubs getting a massive boost from home ground advantage, which is a far bigger deal.

Because they want to distract from some clubs getting a massive boost from home ground advantage, which is a far bigger deal.

I’m confused, was home ground advantage a far bigger deal in 2017 when Geelong and Adelaide had to play finals (and a grand final) at your home despite finishing higher on the ladder?

My main complaint is that we will end up playing GWS, Sydney, Fremantle, WC, Port and Adelaide on their home grounds.

Compare that to Richmond who only have GWS, Port and probably Adelaide on their home grounds.

You would think that the AFL could have named home teams for 8 or 9 games
Yep. Hawks fans have a reason to feel hard done by.

The WA sides have had a significant advantage in this part of the season, while the QLD sides, particularly Brisbane, make out like bandits.

I’m confused, was home ground advantage a far bigger deal in 2017 when Geelong and Adelaide had to play finals (and a grand final) at your home despite finishing higher on the ladder?

I know you're confused, you're in WAh after all and had the other eye removed when they dug that chip in your shoulder and implanted your massive inferiority complex.

I'll try to type slowly so you can understand.

There are many factors, some are bigger than others.

You're focussing on smaller ones to distract from the big one your team got.

I know you're confused, you're in WAh after all and had the other eye removed when they dug that chip in your shoulder and implanted your massive inferiority complex.

I'll try to type slowly so you can understand.

There are many factors, some are bigger than others.

You're focussing on smaller ones to distract from the big one your team got.
Firstly: where am I doing that?

Secondly: how is getting to play the season’s final premiership-deciding game at your home ground, regardless of whether you finished first or eighth, a small issue?

They play in Adelaide in Adelaide. They already played Port in Adelaide off a 4 day break. Geelong, Collingwood and West coast didn't play Port in Adelaide. They play Essendon in Darwin. I don't know why people are so obsessed with pulling apart breaks and travel in such a strange season. Geelong showed that breaks don't really matter last night. They'll win if they're good enough regardless of circumstances.

Yeah that trip to Darwin is one of their three for the season, when the opponent is travelling with them!

Collingwood went Perth-Brisbane-Adelaide-Brisbane in about 10 days, more travel in 10 days than Richmond will for the entire season!

Oh and no guarantee that Adelaide game will be in Adelaide, there is no venue yet

Firstly: where am I doing that?

Secondly: how is getting to play the season’s final premiership-deciding game at your home ground, regardless of whether you finished first or eighth, a small issue?

As opposed to having the bigger advantage during the H&A, which means you're likely to get home finals in the first 3 weeks and thus more likely to make the GF in the first place?

As opposed to having the bigger advantage during the H&A, which means you're likely to get home finals in the first 3 weeks and thus more likely to make the GF in the first place?

Pfft.

Hypothetical for you: shift all the Vic teams other than Richmond and Collingwood west of the nullarbor. You get 12 MCG games, two against Collingwood and 10 against interstate visitors. We get 16-17 games at Optus including four or five against teams coming from over East. Maybe a couple of those are played at Leederville or something because that’s now the home ground for the Scarborough Saints and the Ellenbrook Bombers.

Which of us has had the bigger advantage?

Now say at the end of the year, we finish fourth, you finish top. We play you first up at the MCG and lose. We manage to get back through to the prelim and win that. You win yours comfortably. The Grand Final is then played at Optus because that’s now the center of footy.

Which of us has had the bigger advantage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back