Predict the round 24 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, what is the point of a rotating fixture for the last round, if all you going to do is put Essendon v Collingwood on Friday night. Collingwood are top, and Essendon are unlikely to be playing for anything. Can't wait to watch it.

I also really dislike the fact that all the games that mean something are so spread out. I get it, TV, so people can watch every game. But god, the best moments at the end of the season is the twist and turns of the last day. Anyone who has watched an EPL season at the end would get it. To put it in an AFL(VFL) context, I do believe the 1987 season had the Hawks coming over the top of Geelong in Geelong to allow Melbourne to reach the finals for the first time in years. A modern-day compromise would have all the games which mean something on Saturday, starting from morning to night. It what happened before this terrible bye was put in place. It also compromises the fixture. But the AFL don't care about that anyway.

I hate the bye before the finals so much. with that bye, there is no point in this fixture being released so late.

I mean, what is the point of a rotating fixture for the last round, if all you going to do is put Essendon v Collingwood on Friday night. Collingwood are top, and Essendon are unlikely to be playing for anything. Can't wait to watch it.

I also really dislike the fact that all the games that mean something are so spread out. I get it, TV, so people can watch every game. But god, the best moments at the end of the season is the twist and turns of the last day. Anyone who has watched an EPL season at the end would get it. To put it in an AFL(VFL) context, I do believe the 1987 season had the Hawks coming over the top of Geelong in Geelong to allow Melbourne to reach the finals for the first time in years. A modern-day compromise would have all the games which mean something on Saturday, starting from morning to night. It what happened before this terrible bye was put in place. It also compromises the fixture. But the AFL don't care about that anyway.

I hate the bye before the finals so much. with that bye, there is no point in this fixture being released so late.
Collingwood game has to be either Friday or Sunday. The Hawthorn game at the MCG was always going to be Saturday

Guessing the afl (or $even) don’t like having 3:20pm (2:50pm SA time) Sunday games in Adelaide? Can’t recall the last time AO hosted a game in that time slot. Must admit 12pm on a Sunday is pretty dumb

Complete bungling of the fixture, was fairly obvious when the released it that Carlton v. GWS, Geelong v. Bulldogs were going to be the two biggest games with impact on the finals, Essendon was losing every week and Collingwood were likely to be at least a game clear of 2nd. Carlton v. GWS should have been on Friday night, now we'll likely go into that game with GWS knowing they can just rest everyone and play Carlton again in the first week of finals. Watch for like 10 late changes on Sunday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back