2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, didn't see both Grosjean and Magnussen departing, much less on the same day!

I wonder who Haas have available to fill two seats - Sergio Perez's backer apparently has a tiff with Gene Haas but surely he's in the frame? Hulkenberg is always a possibility. Who else?

Wow, didn't see both Grosjean and Magnussen departing, much less on the same day!

I wonder who Haas have available to fill two seats - Sergio Perez's backer apparently has a tiff with Gene Haas but surely he's in the frame? Hulkenberg is always a possibility. Who else?
I'm wondering about people like Wehrlein, who I always felt was at least competent.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I understand Mazepin has a lot of money behind him - but would Haas want to take that risk on a near unproven rookie?

Forgot about Mick Schumacher for the feel good factor and the Haas Ferrari B-team status.

Guaranteed either one of Perez or Mazepin will be at Haas next season. I mean its already known that money is a major reason why both drivers have been replaced for 2021. Grosjean said as much in his drivers interview yesterday:

“I knew probably one of us would be out at the end of the year just because the situation around the world and Covid has made it very hard financially for a lot of companies around the world,” he said. “So I knew one of us would go out and that’s what I said to Guenther when he called me.

“I said I was expecting one of us and he said no, for financial reasons I need both of you out. So, you know, fair enough, I fully understand."

Wouldn't surprise me to see Haas go for Perez/Mazepin for the pure financial gain alone.

I haven't seen the incident but it seems Verstappen and Stroll got a bit too racy in FP2 and collided. Awkward.

EDIT: Seen it now. Seems like Verstappen gets passed by Stroll then goes to overtake him back on the main straight. Gets alongside and Stroll abruptly shuts the door, though Stroll was still ahead a little bit.

Last edited:
Upon another viewing, Stroll has the racing line and is ahead, if only marginally. Max should have backed off.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone wants a better idea about the track and how difficult it is, Nico's breakdown is pretty interesting. The video should start just before his hot lap, which is then followed by a turn by turn breakdown

That was an entertaining watch and backs up what riders have been saying about it (world Superbike have been going there for years).

Everyone seems to rave about the circuit for being fun, technical and difficult to master as it is so up and down and blind but one thing I've noticed is it typically doesn't produce close racing, at least not for the bikes.

Hopefully it is entertaining for the F1s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back