2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh the perfect show to turn off your brain for one hour each week on a Sunday night at 730pm.

That intro was something......

Life in the 90s. I never thought that those years would be the last of the good times on TV.

Well, we ARE in the golden age of TV at the moment ...

There needs to be an immediate investigation into the rorting of the salary cap at Geelong How can they keep affording to bringing in expensive talent each year with the list they have. Don’t give me that culture bull dust. There is something very smelly down there. Collingwood cannot do it why can Geelong always find the money. It stinks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your concern Kane........ View attachment 998403
Um Jackson Hately? We have learned and won't sign duds

There needs to be an immediate investigation into the wroughting of the salary ca at Geelong How can they keep affording to bringing in expensive talent each year with the list they have. Don’t give me that culture bull dust. There is something very smelly down there. Collingwood cannot do it why can Geelong always find the money. It stinks
It feels that way but not sure it's true. They've brought in a few low value 'names' over the last few years.

lSamcro let me give you some names this year alone. Smith who rejected offers elsewhere for the same length contract, Cameron and Higgins. Not a bad trifecta
Cameron obviously the big one. They have recycled a fair bit, but not sure those types are on big money. They've cleared out similar types and lost a couple of players too.

Cameron obviously the big one. They have recycled a fair bit, but not sure those types are on big money. They've cleared out similar types and lost a couple of players too.
smith could have stayed at Hawthorn for two more years too - same as Geelong contract offer - Money talks.

So the AA CHF finished 9th in their BnF and DBJ wins it.

Wow

Zac Williams FA paperwork also lodged. Will be interesting to see the compensation
And St Kilda not lodging early suggests they're still working on it.

Also, Isaac Smith is gone.... We might end up with a shitty pick for Harto

Anything we get for Hartigan is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn playing the system to not dilute compensation. Other clubs can see through it. Surely the AFL can too.

Is that the way to do it?

Oleg Markov to Gold Coast

Oleg Markov to Gold Coast
Old news, he’s been there for weeks ;)

There's only so many picks you can take into the draft...
You can have infinite picks, there are only so many players you can pick
We only need the picks past about 20 for points towards NGA / FS players if others bid on them, or picking them ourselves.
I'd take a future pick from the hawks though if it was me

You can have infinite picks, there are only so many players you can pick
We only need the picks past about 20 for points towards NGA / FS players if others bid on them, or picking them ourselves.
I'd take a future pick from the hawks though if it was me
You can only take as many picks into the draft as you have vacancies on the senior list.

We currently have only 5 senior list vacancies (Gibbs, Knight, Atkins, + 2 pre-existing vacancies), so the only draft picks we would be able to take into the draft (if it were held today) are #1, #9, #21, #30 and #37. Picks #47 and #53 would be forfeited, along with their attached points, if the draft were held today.

This will obviously change, as Hately comes in, and other players (Crouch, Hartigan, ???) leave. But that's the equation we have to work with - there is no point in having 9 draft picks, all with points attached, if we only have 6 list vacancies to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back