2020 Sleeperbowl League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So hoping to get the draft started soon just waiting on gillon PostPaolo and Raephix Helfarch to do their roster cuts. We’ll do a live untimed draft like we did last year on the sleeper app. Once all the cuts are made we’ll set a time

Ive changed my phone number since the season ended- thought I had linked my email tried resetting password and its saying cannot verify at this time. Is their a way I could create a new account and just take over my team?

I'm still at 24.... Need to trade 2 players..... Still waiting by that inbox

tenor.gif

Ive changed my phone number since the season ended- thought I had linked my email tried resetting password and its saying cannot verify at this time. Is their a way I could create a new account and just take over my team?
How did you get on with this? Once it’s done just let me know the email and I’ll send an invite over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that PostPaolo is a few cuts away from having his team draft ready I think We’ll start the draft at 6pm tomorrow night. Just to give everyone 24 hours to finalise some trades and their draft boards and everything.

What does everyone think about changing the way we do the draft order for future years? Sleeper allows us to run a consolation bracket in which teams who miss the playoffs can play a tournament to determine a consolation champion. We could use it as a tournament for the number 1 pick, sort of like a lottery style arrangement. My concern is that it benefits teams just on the border of being playoff teams but it also would give everyone a reason to play the season out to the end and give every game some meaning. Looking at our league I don't think there is a huge difference in roster strength from Team 12 to Team 5 but just thought Id gauge everyone's thoughts on doing it. I don't know how well it works in a 4 team playoff scenario as we could end up with the 5th best team getting the no.1 pick but we could look at going to 6 team playoffs and running the no.1 pick tourny as well. Open to everyone's thoughts on it, I am just looking at few ways to use Sleeper's different settings to make the league a bit more unique.

I thought he'd love it. It's the Brett Rypien of draft ideas!

Meaning he would implement it, then say he was taking the piss after finishing last and switching it back to the original. 😂

Meaning he would implement it, then say he was taking the piss after finishing last and switching it back to the original. 😂
What's more likely, the above scenario or he accidentally comes second off the back of several nobodies then does victory laps for picking them up and tries to trade each of them for 1st rounders.

What does everyone think about changing the way we do the draft order for future years? Sleeper allows us to run a consolation bracket in which teams who miss the playoffs can play a tournament to determine a consolation champion. We could use it as a tournament for the number 1 pick, sort of like a lottery style arrangement. My concern is that it benefits teams just on the border of being playoff teams but it also would give everyone a reason to play the season out to the end and give every game some meaning. Looking at our league I don't think there is a huge difference in roster strength from Team 12 to Team 5 but just thought Id gauge everyone's thoughts on doing it. I don't know how well it works in a 4 team playoff scenario as we could end up with the 5th best team getting the no.1 pick but we could look at going to 6 team playoffs and running the no.1 pick tourny as well. Open to everyone's thoughts on it, I am just looking at few ways to use Sleeper's different settings to make the league a bit more unique.
An idea I saw on another forum is to use a consolidation bracket to determine the winner of an end of 1st round compensation pick - basically your idea but the winner gets 1.13, allowing the worst team to keep 1.01

IMO if the worst team doesn't get 1.01, that is a perfect way to have people with noncompetitive teams for multiple years drop out of the league because they begin to feel like the league isn't set up to help them get better

Last edited:
Is the draft meant to only show my picks or did I do something terribly wrong and lose all my players?

Looks like it only shows 2020 drafted in the Draft window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back