RD Pick 31 - GWS -
RD Pick 32 - Brisbane -
RD Pick 33 - Geelong -
RD Pick 34 - Port Adelaide -
RD Pick 35 - Western Bulldogs -
RD Pick 36 - Melbourne -

Last edited:
And generally(always), there would not be a bid at this level
There's still pick position jockeying to be done by making a bid, but this kind of bid would be more likely to come for an academy prospect, where they might gamble on talent and scoop up a player that the academy club had intended for their Cat B rookie list.

AFL site says 2-3 picks for Melbourne so yeah I'd say you're done before woewodin 😜. Maybe the bid stands and we move on. Thinking all recruiters can send me a list of ten names and we can do a two round rookie draft if you want to show us how clever you are!

There's still pick position jockeying to be done by making a bid, but this kind of bid would be more likely to come for an academy prospect, where they might gamble on talent and scoop up a player that the academy club had intended for their Cat B rookie list.

Think it's more of an unwritten agreement between clubs that they won't bid on players once it gets to the "no points value"

Think it's more of an unwritten agreement between clubs that they won't bid on players once it gets to the "no points value"
What happens if they have two live picks later, one before your next pick, and they take your earmarked player?

You have to set market value and change their thinking.

What if Crows actually rated Woewodin as next best available for their needs at their pick?
Then in well-working market for players, they should bid. Arr0w is suggesting that this is not how recruiters and staff think in Clubland, because there's egos at play and multiple drafts and trade periods to think about.

I disagree with the notion, but it's a fair thing to say about how they operate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 65 - Sam Paea

With Tex (fast?) approaching his use-by date, Crows select Sam Paea.

Calder Cannons, NAB League / Aberfeldie FC
State: Victoria (Metro)
Height: 194cm
Weight: 94kg
Date of Birth: 14/07/02

Tall forward whose hard running allows him to consistently present as a marking target up forward. Strong overhead and good below the knees, he was a member of the Victoria Metro under-19 squad as well as playing in the Young Guns game earlier in the year. Strong performer for the Calder Cannons in seven games, and outstanding late in the shortened season, kicking four goals against the Jets and five goals against the Falcons to be his team's best. Had a taste of VFL with Essendon as he continued his development. Comes from a sporting family with father representing New Zealand in basketball".

Wickzki

Then in well-working market for players, they should bid. Arr0w is suggesting that this is not how recruiters and staff think in Clubland, because there's egos at play and multiple drafts and trade periods to think about.

I disagree with the notion, but it's a fair thing to say about how they operate.

Also, don't forget that Reid is a jerk :)

I don't believe Brisbane have any list space left. However, we will play this out.

Pick 66 -- Brisbane bid on Bodhi Uwland, Gold Coast Academy.

Pablito

I don't believe Brisbane have any list space left. However, we will play this out.

Pick 66 -- Brisbane bid on Bodhi Uwland, Gold Coast Academy.

Pablito
Gold Coast choose to match.

Back to you Wickzki
Technically yes, Gold Coast would be foregoing a re-draft of a player here, but that's a decision they can make in the draft actual.

This eats up pick 82.

Sorry about that peeps. Saw on Rookie Me that he was expected to be drafted "late to rookie" so completely forgot about their prelisting as well.

Pick #66 -- Brisbane Lions -- Bailey Rogers (Claremont)

185cm - 85kg - 24 years old

It's time for the Sandover Medal winner to get his opportunity to trot his stuff at AFL level.

Coona Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back