List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard this end we have shown some interest in half back/mid Sam Breuer, father Shayne was a very good footballer for the Cats and Port.

Shayne was a SA lad coming through the WWT system
Dad went well , hard .

Not SA recruited from Vic to Woodville by memory

Aren't GC picking up Rory Thompson again as well?

So we have the first live pick.

ADELAIDE CROWS
Picks
(at the start of draft): 4, 33, 74, 76, 87
Selections: Josh Rachele (6), Jake Soligo (37), Zac Taylor (44)

The Crows targeted a few smaller types that will complement their list superbly. Adelaide had long been linked to Rachele — a talented forward-midfielder blessed with goalkicking nous, strong hands overhead, x-factor and an unwavering belief in his own ability that will bring genuine spark to the Crows. Don’t be fooled by Soligo’s stature (179cm, 80kg), who’s a hard-working on-baller that’s terrific at the contest and astute at feeding the ball out to his teammates on the outside. Taylor was one of the biggest sliders of the draft, despite being one of the most well-rounded on-ballers in this year’s pool. He can kick on both sides of his body and is composed in traffic but has the ability to accelerate out of stoppages. Taylor could ultimately be a small forward at AFL level.

Grade: A

So essentially GC have pick 1, and us pick 2. Be interesting who we go for. We normally nail the rookie draft, so there's extra interest here for me.

Isn't this the rookie draft order, or have collingwood reached their player limit?

1 NM: Polec
2 Collingwood: ?
3 GC: ?
4 Adelaide: ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know much on Josh Browne?
Won the WA Colts B&F. He was vice-captain of WA U18 team, but didn't stand out. He's a ball-getter & works very hard(think Ben Keays), can kick goals but field kicking not consistently accurate(think Ben Keays!!!). So could be a good pick for the right club, but I don't think we need another of that type.

ADELAIDE CROWS
Picks
(at the start of draft): 4, 33, 74, 76, 87
Selections: Josh Rachele (6), Jake Soligo (37), Zac Taylor (44)

The Crows targeted a few smaller types that will complement their list superbly. Adelaide had long been linked to Rachele — a talented forward-midfielder blessed with goalkicking nous, strong hands overhead, x-factor and an unwavering belief in his own ability that will bring genuine spark to the Crows. Don’t be fooled by Soligo’s stature (179cm, 80kg), who’s a hard-working on-baller that’s terrific at the contest and astute at feeding the ball out to his teammates on the outside. Taylor was one of the biggest sliders of the draft, despite being one of the most well-rounded on-ballers in this year’s pool. He can kick on both sides of his body and is composed in traffic but has the ability to accelerate out of stoppages. Taylor could ultimately be a small forward at AFL level.

Grade: A
Yes, Twomey summarising last night claimed Zac Taylor & Arlo Draper as two of the biggest steals of this draft.

Bicks do you rate another boy from the rebels. Plays on the wing. Jameyson.....
Is he worth looking at?
Yeah came out of nowhere this year, pure winger outside type at this stage., got a Combine invite as did another teammate Hamish Sinnott, similar types in that regard so they're certainly on AFL club's radars.....Charlie Molan is probably the next Rebel I'd have on my rankings list from the Rebels, very sound all round footballer capable of playing both ends and through the middle, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get aq rookie spot somewhere.

For me though on talent and potential upside I really like Morgan Ferres for a rookie spot now someone has "pinched" my boy Oscar Adams in the main draft.

Yes, but are there any 178 cm Tasmanian's from good families? :p
Ollie Sanders is your boy DJ goes alright 177cm midfielder and intercepting KPD Baker Smith has potential so maybe he'd be a chance, already playing against the men in the TSL. Go early, go hard. :p

Yeah that’s the thing. Apart from Draper, who’s not even really proven as a mid yet, and Howes, who still needs to develop his contested game, I can’t really think of which ‘big bodied’ midfielder was available to us

Ned Long, but he’s still gonna be available to us in the RD if we want him. Tunstill at 185cm maybe? Other than that, trying to trade up would’ve been the other option, and it sounds like that wasn’t possible
I'm very curious to know what we offered to move up or who we were looking at. I wonder if we expected Banks to make through to 36?

Back