Remove this Banner Ad

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought we should have had a go last year, but Jack Petruccelle looks a player but just cant seem to lock down a regular spot in the west coast team. With a strong Italian name like that, and played Northern Knights every chance he grew up barracking for Carlton..

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Is there anyway we can get him mid season ?
LTI or something??
Think he would avoid mid season draft if he wants to get to us. An LTI or early retirement would give us a spot, but pretty sure can’t use father/son system in mid year draft. Would be running the gauntlet with clubs having earlier picks if shows strong form.

Just the type of player to complement our young list mid/half back/utility, good size and had at it. Read versatile, skilled and grunt like dad and seemingly big sister.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Perfect opportunity to clear the driftwood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If i was in charge o list managment...

Kemp - 2 year extension, give him confidence to get his body right
Betts - Retire with fan fare
E Curnow - 1 year extension
H McKay - 3 year deal, 7-800k
Newnes - 2 year extension to current deal
J Silvagni - 3 years, ensure he is a blue for life.. Would make me sick seeing a Silvagni wearing another colour jumper.. Even Alex at Freo made me cringe.
Honey - 1 year, hopefully shows a bit before seasons end.
Fogarty - if form continues would lock him away for another 3 years
Casboult - 1 year extension, structurally he is important to us and he was very good in the back half of last year...
LOB - Trade, might get a late 2nd rounder for him.
Parks - If he is established in our best 22 then give him a 2 year deal with a reasonable increase
Murphy - Retire with fanfare
Pittonet - 3 year extension
Cottrell - 2 year extension
Owies - Delist
Kennedy - Delist
Gibbons - 2 year extension
Newman - 1 year extension
O Mcdonald - Probably delist, depends on if Charlie Curnow gets a run at it and if TDK can develop into a suitable forward option Omck might just be surplus to needs
Cripps - 5 years on plenty
SPS - Look for a trade, if something decent is on offer I would seriously consider.
Ramsey - Depends what he shows this year, but prob delist
Setterfield - 2 year extension...

Would have us lose
Retire - Betts & Murphy
Delist - Owies, Kennedy, OMc & Ramsey
Trade - SPS & LOB.

8 players out, is this too many??

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought we should have had a go last year, but Jack Petruccelle looks a player but just cant seem to lock down a regular spot in the west coast team. With a strong Italian name like that, and played Northern Knights every chance he grew up barracking for Carlton..

Don't think he moves the needle much, personally. And if people are frustrated with LOB's perceived lack of physicality then Petruccelle would cause a few broken TVs.

He's got one trick, which is running real fast, but I don't think he has the smarts or instinct to actually get the most out of it.

Outside of chasing some quality talls, I'd be shopping the free agency market for names like Salem and Billings - two more blokes who could be described as a bit contact-shy, but they can also find plenty of the ball and use it bloody well.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades

Casboult - 1 year extension, structurally he is important to us and he was very good in the back half of last year...
Kennedy - Delist
O Mcdonald - Probably delist, depends on if Charlie Curnow gets a run at it and if TDK can develop into a suitable forward option Omck might just be surplus to needs
SPS - Look for a trade, if something decent is on offer I would seriously consider.
1. You want to give a 2 year extension to a guy that hasn't played in 2 years? I love Kemp, but let's not go overboard on a guy that hasn't even debuted for us.

2. Only a 3 year extension to McKay? He's our best forward, and currently coming 3rd in the Coleman. Lock him away for 5.

3. How was Casboult 'very good in the back half of last year'? He kicked just 4 goals in the last 9 games. So far this year, he has kicked only 1 goal in 3 games.

4. I don't see what's the point in delisting Kennedy? He was BOG in the reserves this week, and I personally would prefer him in the side to both Dow and Stocker.

5. OMac is great key position depth. He and Levi are the only ones good enough to replace an injured Jones/Weiters. Put him up forward too if several KPFs are injured, just what we would've needed last year.

6. Why would we trade SPS? He has drastically improved this year, and on Sunday alone had 20 touches at 95% efficiency.

Blueyourmyboy!!

Senior List
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

J Silvagni - 3 years, ensure he is a blue for life.. Would make me sick seeing a Silvagni wearing another colour jumper.. Even Alex at Freo made me cringe.
Parks - If he is established in our best 22 then give him a 2 year deal with a reasonable increase
Owies - Delist
Kennedy - Delist

Would have us lose
Retire - Betts & Murphy
Trade - SPS & LOB.

I'd trade one of sps, Fisher or McGovern for J.Brander in heartbeat.

LOB a packet of chips so not much.

Last edited:

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
1. You want to give a 2 year extension to a guy that hasn't played in 2 years? I love Kemp, but let's not go overboard on a guy that hasn't even debuted for us.

2. Only a 3 year extension to McKay? He's our best forward, and currently coming 3rd in the Coleman. Lock him away for 5.

3. How was Casboult 'very good in the back half of last year'? He kicked just 4 goals in the last 9 games. So far this year, he has kicked only 1 goal in 3 games.

4. I don't see what's the point in delisting Kennedy? He was BOG in the reserves this week, and I personally would prefer him in the side to both Dow and Stocker.

5. OMac is great key position depth. He and Levi are the only ones good enough to replace an injured Jones/Weiters. Put him up forward too if several KPFs are injured, just what we would've needed last year.

6. Why would we trade SPS? He has drastically improved this year, and on Sunday alone had 20 touches at 95% efficiency.

1. The wraps on Kemp are huge, and we knew we would miss him for the first 12 months when we drafted him. If we dont give him 2 years, there would be 15 other clubs that would be prepared to.
2. Wouldnt be unhappy to give H a 5 year deal, but on the big money he will demand it could be risky tying up that much cash when we dont know how the dynamic will work once Charlie is back.
3. He had no preseason and is only playing because we have no other backup ruck option.. He desperately needs a rest but we need him. He is not expensive and structurally always plays an important role in our forward line.. I would love nothing more than for TDK to be a good enough forward that we dont ned Levi but until he improves his forward craft Levi is the better option.
4. Plenty of players dominate VFL and can never cut it at AFL level, Matt Kenedy is 25, been on an AFL list for 7 years at 2 separate clubs and has never been able to lock down a spot in the seniors... There comes a time in everyones career when they have had enough chances.
5. Dont disagree and if there is a spot for him, wouldnt be against Omck running around again.
6. It depends what we can get in return, but wouldnt be against losing him for the right price.

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Simon Prestigiacomo, Liverpool
What’s the deal with LOB? He is such a talent; as is Dow.. they frustrate me to no end! They’re both very young, sure; but they have to start to show something. I cannot believe they are top 10 picks. Can we just throw them on the HFF while Martin is out and see how they go seeing as we aren’t playing Cuningham, Kennedy or Stocker? HBF even? FP? Clearly, they lack the chops to play on the wing.

or, do we just forget about them and put games into the aforementioned trio + Kemp who by all accounts is supposed to be a gem..

I really think we have the makings of a great list, we just need 2-3 young guns to show their worth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with most of your post :thumbsupv1:

Kemp - 2 year extension, give him confidence to get his body right :whitecheck:
Betts - Retire with fan fare :whitecheck:
E Curnow - 1 year extension :whitecheck:
H McKay - 3 year deal, 7-800k :whitecheck: Would prefer it to be 4-5 years but 3 is ok
Newnes - 2 year extension to current deal :whitecheck:
J Silvagni - 3 years, ensure he is a blue for life.. :whitecheck:
Honey - 1 year, hopefully shows a bit before seasons end. :whitecheck:
Fogarty - 3 years :whitecheck:
Casboult - 1 year extension :whitecheck: Only if we can not find a replacement, personally think his cooked
LOB - Trade, might get a late 2nd rounder for him. :whitecheck: Would be a DFA for another club no one would trade for him at this point
Parks - If he is established in our best 22 then give him a 2 year deal with a reasonable increase :whitecheck: 2 year deal minimal wage
Murphy - Retire with fanfare :whitecheck:
Pittonet - 3 year extension :whitecheck:
Cottrell - 2 year extension :whitecheck:
Owies - Delist :whitecheck: Likely can not get a game
Kennedy - Delist :greencross: Would keep, playing well in VFL.. But apparently Teague doesn't rate him so, delist most likely
Gibbons - 2 year extension :whitecheck:
Newman - 1 year extension :whitecheck: Rate Newman would give him time to get his body right
O Mcdonald - Probably delist, :greencross: Depending on our talls may offer another year or rookie list
Cripps - 5 years on plenty :whitecheck: 3-5 years on adequate amount not overs
SPS - Look for a trade, if something decent is on offer :greencross: No way, would keep.. Starting to grow and once moved back up the ground will explode
Ramsey - Depends what he shows this year, but prob delist :whitecheck:
Setterfield - 2 year extension... :greencross: If we could get substantial compensation, I would trade him.. Surplus to our needs

Would have us lose
Retire - Betts & Murphy
Trade - SPS & LOB.

Then I would go all out trying to get

KPF - Jarrod Brander (WCE)
Small Forward - Jarrod Cameron (WCE)
KPD - Fischer McAsey (ADE)
Wing - Lachie Hunter (WBD) or Patrick Lipinski (WBD)
Mid - Tom Green (GWS)

If Cripps and McKay re-sign don't think we could afford any big name players, But would love a
Merrett (ESS), Oliver (MELB), Dunkley (WBD), Cerra (FRE), Kelly (GWS)

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

Owies - Delist
Kennedy - Delist

Would have us lose
Retire - Betts & Murphy
Trade - SPS & LOB.

Agree with most except SPS. Keeper big time.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love to grab Lipinski from the dogs to fill our 2nd wing slot. Good user and good size, can win his own ball when needed too.

Dylan Williams from port is my number one wish for the off season. Freak show mid size forward who just knows how to kick goals from anywhere, cant get a game ahead of Grey Rozee and Butters and now Orazio at the moment but a deadset freak when on song.

Then if Zac Bailey was available he looks an up and coming beast but I think Brisbane have pretty big wraps on him.

I'd be monitoring what happens at GWS, could be similar to a Collingwood scenario this year where they are forced to trade players to clear cap space and begin a bit of a reset at the club. One of Taranto Hopper or Kelly will leave id imagine. That being said if they cost 2 first rounders each or a mil a year id rather just head back to the draft to look for some talent - all 3 have been well below their best for a couple of years now which could also just be the Leon factor, seeing as half the players are completely sick of the bloke from reports.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

Just on this.

At least 2 of his kicks didn't cover the requisite 15m and resulted in a teammate being forced to play on under pressure, and there was at least one kick that ended up in the hands of a teammate but actually hit the ground first and said teammate had to collect on the run (there were more than one, but I think one or two were deliberate kicks into space, while at least one was certainly a miscued kick).

95% is a really nice looking number, but it wasn't really an accurate reflection of how efficient his disposal actually was.

20 touches, one "champion data inefficient", two that were so short they put the recipient under pressure, one that missed the target but said target was able to recover it. More like 80% in my view. Still very good, mind you, but he's got room for improvement.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Just on this.

At least 2 of his kicks didn't cover the requisite 15m and resulted in a teammate being forced to play on under pressure, and there was at least one kick that ended up in the hands of a teammate but actually hit the ground first and said teammate had to collect on the run (there were more than one, but I think one or two were deliberate kicks into space, while at least one was certainly a miscued kick).

95% is a really nice looking number, but it wasn't really an accurate reflection of how efficient his disposal actually was.

20 touches, one "champion data inefficient", two that were so short they put the recipient under pressure, one that missed the target but said target was able to recover it. More like 80% in my view. Still very good, mind you, but he's got room for improvement.
I agree, it would be nice if he could take a few more longer kicks travelling further than 15m. I think that also comes with experience and gaining confidence as a defender - he's only played in that position since last year.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just on this.

from memory a couple of those slightly short kicks he was under real pressure to begin with, tackler pretty much on him when he managed to get boot to ball and still almost hit a target. Not sure how the rest of our list would manage that kick.

He possibly could have disposed by hands or tried to evade the tackle, but those are also not guaranteed and I can't remember if there was much support nearby or in a good position for the quick handball out.

If we're nit picking on a couple of short kicks that still got to the intended target, I'd expect the other 260 kicks we made in that game had to be all pretty much bang on, lace out, to advantage, on the chest.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
from memory a couple of those slightly short kicks he was under real pressure to begin with, tackler pretty much on him when he managed to get boot to ball and still almost hit a target. Not sure how the rest of our list would manage that kick.

He possibly could have disposed by hands or tried to evade the tackle, but those are also not guaranteed and I can't remember if there was much support nearby or in a good position for the quick handball out.

If we're nit picking on a couple of short kicks that still got to the intended target, I'd expect the other 260 kicks we made in that game had to be all pretty much bang on, lace out, to advantage, on the chest.

Nah, I get that, I'm just highlighting that the 95% efficiency stat isn't really a true reflection of the efficiency of his disposal. The number looks great, but it masks a few errors and issues. Even factoring that in, he was still very very good, and much better than previous weeks.

Bluebag13

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Early reports say we missed one with Charlie McKay. Hope he is not nabbed mid season in the draft. Should be able to tight the wrong if he lasts until next year.

From his game on the weekend:

The Carlton father-son prospect impressed last year in the pre-season before Covid impacted his year, but McKay has come back with a point to prove and he certainly went in with an attacking mindset through the Dragons’ engine room. McKay was a bull, putting his head over the ball and putting plenty of pressure on the ball carrier to set the tone for his teammates. Not one to solely operate at ground level, he also showed intent in the air by taking some strong grabs and even pushing into defence at times, and showed some good form behind the ball as well. McKay finished the game with 17 disposals, four tackles and five inside 50s as the big-bodied midfielder made the most of his NAB League debut.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
What’s the deal with LOB? He is such a talent; as is Dow.. they frustrate me to no end! They’re both very young, sure; but they have to start to show something. I cannot believe they are top 10 picks. Can we just throw them on the HFF while Martin is out and see how they go seeing as we aren’t playing Cuningham, Kennedy or Stocker? HBF even? FP? Clearly, they lack the chops to play on the wing.

or, do we just forget about them and put games into the aforementioned trio + Kemp who by all accounts is supposed to be a gem..

I really think we have the makings of a great list, we just need 2-3 young guns to show their worth!

The very young point is getting old... Both LOB & Dow will be 22 at seasons end and would have had 4 years on our list to establish themselves as best 22 players, neither have suffered any major injuries that have prevented them getting a decent run at it, and both have been given multiple opportunities in the side to show there worth.. There is still 18 games left (maybe more) for them to establish themselves in the side but regardless of talent, draft position etc if they are not a best 22 players by seasons end they should be cut. Its a ruthless industry but can only hang onto 'talent' for so long hoping it will come good.

CaptainCripps13

Debutant
Mar 29, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Out of all of them, you'd think that Kemp, E. Curnow, McKay, Newnes, JSOS, Fog, Parks, Pitto, Cottrell, Kennedy, Gibbons, Newman, Cripps, Samo and Setters should all re-sign.

Kennedy won't. Particularly with Teague at the helm. Seen as too slow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back