2021 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by what you both saying it would seem lost in transit from Oz post

I would assume the lodged part would have a date on it, if Oz post sure it arrived at destination. The fact it just has word lodged but no date like the previous 3 segments is making me think that now. Maybe someone that has got it already can click on their tracking link and see if lodged part has a date to check whether it is meant to have a date.

I got my email on Nov 18 saying my member pack is on the way.

This is the tracking provided.

RECEIVED: 11/11/2020
PRINTED: 17/11/2020
DISPATCHED: 18/11/2020
LODGED: 06-01-2021

Ended up receiving it Jan 20.

Only just used my Member Choice code this week to get the cap.

It's valued at $25 so you can put it towards something else if you have enough of the hat, scarf or beanie.

Note: I am an interstate member. Although the long timeline seems like there is little difference in arrival time.

I used the voucher to get the New Era hat. It still cost $35 after the discount voucher, but the quality is much better than the yearly hat you'd get with a membership. The Carlton logo on the front is made up of white reflective stitching plus some thin rubber on the edges...really nice stuff. Also no gaudy sponsoring on the hat. It's literally dark blue with only the logo on the front. Never been a hat person (sorry Andrew Walker) but now I am.

20210206_205042.jpg

Last edited:

I got my email on Nov 18 saying my member pack is on the way.

This is the tracking provided.

RECEIVED: 11/11/2020
PRINTED: 17/11/2020
DISPATCHED: 18/11/2020
LODGED: 06-01-2021

Ended up receiving it Jan 20.

Only just used my Member Choice code this week to get the cap.

It's valued at $25 so you can put it towards something else if you have enough of the hat, scarf or beanie.

Note: I am an interstate member. Although the long timeline seems like there is little difference in arrival time.
Thanks mate. Appreciate the follow up and you do have a date of Lodged, mine did not , so now I know it is really still with Oz post
Weird the difference in time between dispatched and lodged so going by your own timeline, myself not having seen it yet, is not totally off the scales.
Will not bother ringing club and wait to see if shows up this week. So it sounds like it just stickers and gift card of $25. I must have about ten scarves around here. Half still in plastic so will not use it on scarf when I do get the gift card.

In the midst of an argument with some Doggies clown who believes the only reason for the bump is a give away! Tried to explain the parameters but, clowns will be clowns.

You should have replied that the Dogs tried a give away but even then people didn’t take it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Suggested to player that this might not be a strategy that would succeed at the Dogs. Havent heard back. Diplomacy given they have a recent flag under their belts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't I shake the feeling they aren't all ridgy didge?

There is obviously added MSG - marketing strategy giveaways.

A logical total figure for this season, with everything being relatively normal, would be 67,000 plus natural growth, plus maybe a few more that we might have got after round 1 if crowds had been allowed. Let's say 10% growth plus 3K we missed out on. Would have put us at around 77,000 by the membership closure date.

That 77,000 will then have the MSG added. How many are there? Even if one in six members added a newbie, that is a further 11,000, with the total pushing into the mid/high 80,000's. This is all assuming relative normality in regard to crowds and venues etc.

Does anyone really think after a season of getting no value for a membership, and the prospects very uncertain leading into this year, that ALL existing members would have flocked to re-sign? Other club's members are not, so we can't kid ourselves that we are all just happy to throw our money away again for potentially no return. Of course we are getting better and our prospects are as promising as they've been for ages, but human nature says people like to see a tangible benefit for their dollars.

The MSG has us artificially ahead of last year at the same time. Decisions made around crowds/venues in the next 4 weeks will heavily impact how much further genuine growth we achieve.

There is obviously added MSG - marketing strategy giveaways.

A logical total figure for this season, with everything being relatively normal, would be 67,000 plus natural growth, plus maybe a few more that we might have got after round 1 if crowds had been allowed. Let's say 10% growth plus 3K we missed out on. Would have put us at around 77,000 by the membership closure date.

That 77,000 will then have the MSG added. How many are there? Even if one in six members added a newbie, that is a further 11,000, with the total pushing into the mid/high 80,000's. This is all assuming relative normality in regard to crowds and venues etc.

Does anyone really think after a season of getting no value for a membership, and the prospects very uncertain leading into this year, that ALL existing members would have flocked to re-sign? Other club's members are not, so we can't kid ourselves that we are all just happy to throw our money away again for potentially no return. Of course we are getting better and our prospects are as promising as they've been for ages, but human nature says people like to see a tangible benefit for their dollars.

The MSG has us artificially ahead of last year at the same time. Decisions made around crowds/venues in the next 4 weeks will heavily impact how much further genuine growth we achieve.
And to add to this....supposedly members get first priority to get into games,should crowds be allowed into games. You wanna get a chance to see a game live,you gotta get a membership? Who knows what percentage of crowds will be allowed come round one,after this recent 5 day shut down again. It could keep reoccuring,we're not going to know until we know.

And to add to this....supposedly members get first priority to get into games,should crowds be allowed into games. You wanna get a chance to see a game live,you gotta get a membership? Who knows what percentage of crowds will be allowed come round one,after this recent 5 day shut down again. It could keep reoccuring,we're not going to know until we know.
Yep, but it's hard to see a scenario where most members are rewarded with prioritised entry. That's where the level of membership comes into play.

Richmond have 100,000 members, which doesn't leave a lot of room to move if the capacity is limited to say 50%. How will they determine the home/away members ratio? Do only Carlton supporters with the 17 game (all Melbourne based games) reserved seat package get to go?

Round 2 versus Pies is our home game, but we could have 75,000 members trying to fit into 35,000 seats (factoring in MCC members, AFL members, Corporates etc. taking a chunk of the pie). That's before even considering the Collingwood members.

I don't envy the decision makers, because there is going to be a lot of disgruntled supporters/members from all clubs. We need to hope there are no more outbreaks before the season, and that frontline health and quarantine workers, the aged and vulnerable are all vaccinated ASAP. That should allow the crowd capacities to rise closer to 100% in the early rounds.

Alternatively, everything might have turned to s**t and we are playing at Metricon and the Gabba again and none of us are going :(

Yep, but it's hard to see a scenario where most members are rewarded with prioritised entry. That's where the level of membership comes into play.

Richmond have 100,000 members, which doesn't leave a lot of room to move if the capacity is limited to say 50%. How will they determine the home/away members ratio? Do only Carlton supporters with the 17 game (all Melbourne based games) reserved seat package get to go?

Round 2 versus Pies is our home game, but we could have 75,000 members trying to fit into 35,000 seats (factoring in MCC members, AFL members, Corporates etc. taking a chunk of the pie). That's before even considering the Collingwood members.

I don't envy the decision makers, because there is going to be a lot of disgruntled supporters/members from all clubs. We need to hope there are no more outbreaks before the season, and that frontline health and quarantine workers, the aged and vulnerable are all vaccinated ASAP. That should allow the crowd capacities to rise closer to 100% in the early rounds.

Alternatively, everything might have turned to sh*t and we are playing at Metricon and the Gabba again and none of us are going :(
Absolutely right. But being a member you have a better chance than not being a member. Not all members go to games but this year will be alot different. Supporters have been "starved" of being at games last season,most die hard's are busting to get to a live game. I for one!!
Not long now though.

Club giving out free memberships to those who stayed on last year and renewed again, This is expected. My Mrs is a Saints supporter but a Carlton member..

You don't even have to have renewed. I haven't yet, but my nominated freebie was processed back in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Club giving out free memberships to those who stayed on last year and renewed again, This is expected. My Mrs is a Saints supporter but a Carlton member..
My wife couldn't care less about football if she tried. But she is a Carlton member this year because of this.

I've got my two young kids as members aswell since they were born, but never got the wife to sign up.

I want to take the kids to their first matches this year so we will all go as a family.

Very much doubt she will renew next year, but you never know. She might really enjoy the day out with the family.

She might also say "never take me to the football with a 3 and 5 year old ever again" which is much more likely

My wife couldn't care less about football if she tried. But she is a Carlton member this year because of this.

I've got my two young kids as members aswell since they were born, but never got the wife to sign up.

I want to take the kids to their first matches this year so we will all go as a family.

Very much doubt she will renew next year, but you never know. She might really enjoy the day out with the family.

She might also say "never take me to the football with a 3 and 5 year old ever again" which is much more likely
Go to the footy with a couple of kiddies quite often, neither of them get off their phone, always crying for food & drink, watch the game sporadically....it's tiresome.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back