Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti vaxxers have a sense of entitlement and stand out. These are the ones that they really will be targeting.

ie. Look for the bogan that looks like they dont give a flying f**k.
Do you have to provide ID to a security guard? Or hand over your phone?

I can guarantee said anti vaxer will have a piece of paper copy of "their " status.

I don't think we have got to a point where a cop can demand you log in to MyGov to show proof of vaccine status.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Probably too off topic for here but Austria has gone into a national lockdown and mandated compulsory vaccinations for the public.
All I can see from now and into Christmas/New Year and next year is trouble and a lot of public angst.

I don't think we have got to a point where a cop can demand you log in to MyGov to show proof of vaccine status.

I think you will find in a few months time, all the QR codes and or proof of vax status will no longer be required. Covid will be treated like any form of the flu eventually.

There is always going to be people that wont get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, some based on legitimate medical reasons and some based on bullshit.

The goal is that over 80-90% are vaccinated in our country.

It will be honour based.

Only get in trouble if you are found with a false document.

Which you should be able to get past the security guard or turnstyle jockey.

Can guarantee they will just sight the paper/screenshot then let u move on. They don't really even check if u QR check in.

I forgot a few times. Just swipe membership card and walk through turnstile without breaking stride. Have never shown my QR status to anyone at AO.

Last edited:
It will be honour based.

Only get in trouble if you are found with a false document.

Which you should be able to get past the security guard or turnstyle jockey.

Can guarantee they will just sight the paper/screenshot then let u move on. They don't really even check if u QR check in.

I forgot a few times. Just swipe membership card and walk through turnstile without breaking stride. Have never shown my QR status to anyone at AO.

A case of keeping the honest honest

My apologies, as this is definitely off-topic .....it's Football related :$

A $1.2 million emergency payment from the AFL to Port Adelaide to meet short-term financial obligations has brought the estimated trading loss of the club up to $6.3 million before grants.
Port Adelaide Power receive $1.2 million emergency payment from the AFL after trading at a huge loss
The revelation comes after the SA Football Commission and league directors met on Wednesday and were informed of the state of affairs, as they deal with planning for the future with Port's licence expected to be taken over by the AFL for next season.

Chief executive Keith Thomas said the Power had been congratulated by AFL chief financial officer Ian Anderson for it's open and honest account of its details and was furious at the suggestion the club hadn't reported its result fairly.

"It's a cynical and negative approach (to suggest otherwise) for a club that wants to correct its public perception," Thomas said.

The Advertiser understands the $4.1 million trading deficit the club initially reported did not include the AFL grant of $1 million for the transition to Adelaide Oval, which went with the SANFL's investment of $2 million per year in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Then there is the previously unreported $1.2 million payment which is understood to have come from the AFL as the club was struggling to pay its bills. It is understood the matter was urgent.

A case of keeping the honest honest
You would only get caught if you had security called on u in the venue and found out you have false documents if Police intervene. Acting like a drunken fool.

The weekend casual security guard who pulls you aside in the line will take what you provide as proof. They don't have the power to check ID like a driver's licence.

A $1.2 million emergency payment from the AFL to Port Adelaide to meet short-term financial obligations has brought the estimated trading loss of the club up to $6.3 million before grants.
Port Adelaide Power receive $1.2 million emergency payment from the AFL after trading at a huge loss
The revelation comes after the SA Football Commission and league directors met on Wednesday and were informed of the state of affairs, as they deal with planning for the future with Port's licence expected to be taken over by the AFL for next season.

Chief executive Keith Thomas said the Power had been congratulated by AFL chief financial officer Ian Anderson for it's open and honest account of its details and was furious at the suggestion the club hadn't reported its result fairly.

"It's a cynical and negative approach (to suggest otherwise) for a club that wants to correct its public perception," Thomas said.

The Advertiser understands the $4.1 million trading deficit the club initially reported did not include the AFL grant of $1 million for the transition to Adelaide Oval, which went with the SANFL's investment of $2 million per year in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Then there is the previously unreported $1.2 million payment which is understood to have come from the AFL as the club was struggling to pay its bills. It is understood the matter was urgent.

Why is this being reported now? What am I missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That date stamp has to be wrong.

Keith Thomas is no longer their CEO
The SANFL no longer own their or our licence.

Yes interesting .....but was posted today 21st Nov by Fox
Fox just has a shitty system where their date stamps autoupdate on old articles. I think it helps for SEO and advertising?

Maybe not every article, but I got caught out on an out of date draft ruling a while ago.

giphy.gif

We know the Power supporters watch this thread. I love the idea of them seeing this article being posted, 'nice try, that's old news!'.

Yeah, it's now $13 million, 🤣

It was $6m… now its $13m..

hilarious that they somehow thought the move to AO was gonna see them become like collingwood!..

the pies have over 80,000 payed up members and another 650k more that identify as supporters of the club.

port power, even when they massage the hell out of their membership figures in a desperate attempt to make them look better, cant even break the 50k mark.

seriously.. the delusion of that s**t club and its supporters runs so deep its scary.

• In 2013, an Apple 1 sold at Christie's Auction House for $390,000. [Source]
  • In 2014, a functioning Apple 1 sold at Bonhams Auction for $905,000, the highest price yet for an Apple 1. [Source]
  • Several have also appeared on eBay over the years, where the highest successful bid was $43,000.
  • In 2016, a unit hailed as the very first Apple Computer, an Apple 1 prototype, sold at auction for $815,000. [Source]
  • In 2018, a functioning Apple 1 sold at a Boston auction for $375,000. [Source]
  • In 2019, an Apple 1 was sold at Christie's Auction House for $470,000. [Source]
  • In 2021, a functioning Apple 1 in an ornate wooden housing with a Panasonic monitor included sold for $400,000 at Christie's Auction House

:think:
We bought the first Macintosh. Not the Apple I. As I said we still have it.

FDE088C6-4B9B-4219-BFB4-F769CEA2B271.jpeg

We know the Power supporters watch this thread. I love the idea of them seeing this article being posted, 'nice try, that's old news!'.

Yeah, it's now $13 million, 🤣

But there’s a tried and true way out of their predicament. Win prelims on home turf, win a couple of flags, sell a ton of merch, get new members, new sponsors, the money flows.

Very very simple. I wonder why they haven’t tried that option??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back