2022 Paris-Roubaix

Remove this Banner Ad

Roy's bad luck in the women's PR was emblematic of their season - Had a certain Top 10 and possible top 5 stolen when Van Dyck falls in front of her - The prizemoney debate between men and women's prizemoney is lead by people who don't understand the business of cycling - Cyclists get their money from contracts and bonuses - It's not like cycling or golf.

I don't often watch the Monuments... But if they're gonna be this good I may reconsider.
I prefer them (or at least the Northern classics - I don't think I've ever watched MSR or Il Lombardia) tbh - the racing is usually more aggressive because you can't just rely on "out TTing" your rival like many can/do in GTs

people who don't understand the business of cycling - Cyclists get their money from contracts and bonuses - It's not like cycling or golf.

I'm not saying they should get the same, because they were two different events. But I am saying that the disparity of prize pool and winner's purse is a disgrace and an insult. Hopefully it will be addressed next year.

Yep, one of the best races I've ever seen and I've seen a LOT. I've never seen a 200+km race where you just cannot look away from the screen because there was always something happening, always. Colbrelli has become an absolute gun in the last 18 months, he can ride any terrain now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying they should get the same, because they were two different events. But I am saying that the disparity of prize pool and winner's purse is a disgrace and an insult. Hopefully it will be addressed next year.

In time there will be an evening up of prizemoney BUT it doesn't change the fact, that cyclists earn their money from contracts and bonuses which is like the AFL - Prizemoney is usually given to staff.

Grrr, back to the Z team commentators. Can we please fire this trio into the sun, so we never have them insulting our eardrums again?
They're fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back