2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

You are a fair dinkum w***er

Flyer I would listen to a thing the tool post he is all over O&K and O&M Forums as well posting utter s**t .Not bad coming from a bloke
that club just folded after winning 4 flag only by spending over $100k -$120 a year for then folds once them money stops flowing
and he was running the club, but he would lead you believe a lot of player played for nothing because they love the club.
also had to pay rent a crowd just to get people to turn up to there home games TOTAL FLOG

Maybe instead of folding and merging upper Murray clubs and sending them to the Tdfl, why don’t the tdfl send clubs that are struggling to the upper Murray. Unfortunately mitta are in a situation where population growth is dwindling. Wodonga saints have struggled with identity in Wodonga so they go back to bethanga and join upper Murray! Both clubs struggle with juniors which they won’t need in upper Murray! Add those two and it’s not bad numbers..
Cudgewa
Bullioh
Tumba
Mitta
Bethanga
Corryong
Federals
And if feds/Corryong struggle merge them!

Flyer I would listen to a thing the tool post he is all over O&K and O&M Forums as well posting utter s**t .Not bad coming from a bloke
that club just folded after winning 4 flag only by spending over $100k -$120 a year for then folds once them money stops flowing
and he was running the club, but he would lead you believe a lot of player played for nothing because they love the club.
also had to pay rent a crowd just to get people to turn up to there home games TOTAL FLOG
A lot of effort you went to there mate, I’m entitled to voice my opinion like the rest of the world, you do realise there is a mute option of you disagree with my view/facts.
Note: blacksnake doesn’t cope well with other clubs having success.

Last edited:

Maybe instead of folding and merging upper Murray clubs and sending them to the Tdfl, why don’t the tdfl send clubs that are struggling to the upper Murray. Unfortunately mitta are in a situation where population growth is dwindling. Wodonga saints have struggled with identity in Wodonga so they go back to bethanga and join upper Murray! Both clubs struggle with juniors which they won’t need in upper Murray! Add those two and it’s not bad numbers..
Cudgewa
Bullioh
Tumba
Mitta
Bethanga
Corryong
Federals
And if feds/Corryong struggle merge them!
It’s a romantic thought, but is illogical. Who the hells going to support and play for Bethanga? Why would mitta heading in that direction make any difference to their problem? What about Walwa, you think the other towns/teams aren’t facing the same fate? Corryong has great proud clubs, they should merge the whole league and stick with the Corryong name. Bullioh trying to escape on there own was a joke, why would you play for them over Tallangatta?
Why would tdfl ever send a club further in to the hills where support and numbers are low.

Bethanga community maybe!!! And the same reason why people play for Cudgewa/Corryong and feds! Easy comp less training. Won’t help mittas situation but takes pressure off! Tdfl has some strong clubs not just senior football but as a whole and if clubs can’t keep up unfortunately other plans must be in place..

Bethanga community maybe!!! And the same reason why people play for Cudgewa/Corryong and feds! Easy comp less training. Won’t help mittas situation but takes pressure off! Tdfl has some strong clubs not just senior football but as a whole and if clubs can’t keep up unfortunately other plans must be in place..
I agree about other plans needing to be in place, the upper Murray has two options, either fold and never be seen again, or combine, have a great side and join a strong league and keep the history alive. If it happens they’ll be strong instantly.

I think people need to stop just thinking about football. There’s netball up there as well. And combining an upper Murray side together, I’m not sure it’ll be all that strong a football side either.

I think people need to stop just thinking about football. There’s netball up there as well. And combining an upper Murray side together, I’m not sure it’ll be all that strong a football side either.
Combining a side out of just current players from the league would be middle of the pack, but a lot of Albury/Wodonga players with a connection to any of the upper Murray towns will be in the mix to join.

What’s the future of Mitta?
Let’s be honest if there is no money then there is no reason why guys would go up there to play?
Not enough locals to fill the sides. I think they are stuffed
10 years ago they were a serious force seniors & reserves.
But those players are now that much older & their bodies are done or they have moved on.

Last year was pretty telling;

- Regularly clearing Wodonga O&M reserves that couldn't get a game
- Reserves forfeiting (not sure if that has ever happened)
- Some home games supporters/clubmen in their 50s were playing reserves to get a game going

10 years ago they were a serious force seniors & reserves.
But those players are now that much older & their bodies are done or they have moved on.

Last year was pretty telling;

- Regularly clearing Wodonga O&M reserves that couldn't get a game
- Reserves forfeiting (not sure if that has ever happened)
- Some home games supporters/clubmen in their 50s were playing reserves to get a game going
Spot on.

A c
Not denying the standard is deplorable, but you get the best 10-15 guys and top up with a few, they’d hammer the likes of wahgunyah, Rutherglen, Saints, Beechworth and maybe mitta.
A combined Upper Murray side would be fine as their best kids wouldn’t be poached by other TDFL clubs and their senior side would have serious $$$ to get a senior coach and 6 or 8 top level players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote ~ “We never pay big money“
Says every club
I'm aware of the cliche. The implication was that no one would go to Mitta to play if it wasn't for money, and at least historically speaking this is not true. The vast majority would (and I can't speak for everyone), have wanted to join a strong club with an unbelievable history of success. In a way, the Covid disaster and salary caps being cut might be a blessing for us as it would bring clubs back to our level.
I do have concerns for the future though, more in terms of what a few years lack of success could mean, being that it has been in the past the primary motivator to join the club. If we had the money, I wouldn't be concerned because we could always pay spuds to come and play regardless. We are the furthest from any population centre and have by far the lowest population from which to draw from, it's remarkable we can compete with the Thurgoona's of the world at the best of times (nothing against Thurgoona). Personally though, I like the distance. I good 2 beer trip on the way home from training and functions meaning you are forced to stay the night.
Further comments seem to make it look like we're a basket case. Finshed 6th last year, 5th to two years before that and GF the year before that. Hardly dire straits. Last years side was also the youngest Mitta have fielded in years, this year was set to be similar. The 2s have struggled, but i've been the oldest player the majority of the time at 34. We had a few 50 year olds fill in in round 18 last year because 18 were out injured over the two grades and the old boys had played a scratch match against the juniors and were still warm!

I'm aware of the cliche. The implication was that no one would go to Mitta to play if it wasn't for money, and at least historically speaking this is not true. The vast majority would (and I can't speak for everyone), have wanted to join a strong club with an unbelievable history of success. In a way, the Covid disaster and salary caps being cut might be a blessing for us as it would bring clubs back to our level.
I do have concerns for the future though, more in terms of what a few years lack of success could mean, being that it has been in the past the primary motivator to join the club. If we had the money, I wouldn't be concerned because we could always pay spuds to come and play regardless. We are the furthest from any population centre and have by far the lowest population from which to draw from, it's remarkable we can compete with the Thurgoona's of the world at the best of times (nothing against Thurgoona). Personally though, I like the distance. I good 2 beer trip on the way home from training and functions meaning you are forced to stay the night.
Further comments seem to make it look like we're a basket case. Finshed 6th last year, 5th to two years before that and GF the year before that. Hardly dire straits. Last years side was also the youngest Mitta have fielded in years, this year was set to be similar. The 2s have struggled, but i've been the oldest player the majority of the time at 34. We had a few 50 year olds fill in in round 18 last year because 18 were out injured over the two grades and the old boys had played a scratch match against the juniors and were still warm!
Didn't a couple of Mitta carloads, yourself included defect to Cudgewa recently?

Was that because of the unbelievable history of success there? $$$$

Or because it was a 2 beer trip as well ;)

Didn't a couple of Mitta carloads, yourself included defect to Cudgewa recently?

Was that because of the unbelievable history of success there? $$$$

Or because it was a 2 beer trip as well ;)
That was closer to a 6 beer trip, probably a bit too far was turning up to work with a headache Friday mornings. And if by a couple of car loads you mean two of us, yes we did defect. But i'm not sure what a lowly 2s player going to Cudgie for a couple of years has to do with the conversation?

Might throw a few predictions out there,
Premiers -Barnawartha
Runner up- Chiltern or Thurgoona
Yackandandah to play finals for first time in a decade.
Barton medal- Ben Mason.
Wahgunyah to bottom out.
When I really look at each contender closely, I think Barnawartha are just too strong, how many times can you choke? This will be their year. It’s going to be probably the most even competition we have seen.

Last edited:
Might throw a few predictions out there,
Premiers -Barnawartha
Runner up- Chiltern or Thurgoona
Yackandandah to play finals for first time in a decade.
Barton medal- Ben Mason.
Wahgunyah to bottom out.
When I really look at each contender closely, I think Barnawartha are just too strong, how many times can you choke? This will be their year. It’s going to be probably the most even competition we have seen.

Wouldn’t Kiewa have a stronger list than Barny?
They seemed to have recruited well and considering how much they under achieved last year you would think they have a point to prove.

They seemed to have recruited well and considering how much they under achieved last year you would think they have a point to prove.
With Telford retired no. I think he was their most important, they won’t win a premiership with out him or someone of his calibre. He often kicked goals from outside 50 and won them games.
Barnawartha have recruited extremely well also. Exton can kick 60 goals or shut down any key forward.

Ben Mason been great player for our club since he came on board now our captain and doesn’t play for the $

That was closer to a 6 beer trip, probably a bit too far was turning up to work with a headache Friday mornings. And if by a couple of car loads you mean two of us, yes we did defect. But i'm not sure what a lowly 2s player going to Cudgie for a couple of years has to do with the conversation?
Because your rant goes on about 'WE' like you are the messiah of Mitta after you & your mate(s) abandon them and head for the Upper Murray, then they have to pay for more spuds in the seniors & then other players filter down to take your spots, etc - you're part of the problem. Loyalty, club.

How happy was the club when you & your mate(s) got clearances?

Your opinion holds half of Henry's bucket.

There were players in their 50s playing the back end of the whole season bloke, not just round 18.
I know, because I was scared for their safety when we played Mitta.

Very very well said. Mitta 2nd, 5th and 6th in the last 3 seasons. How could anyone say they are cooked on the back of that.

Very very well said. Mitta 2nd, 5th and 6th in the last 3 seasons. How could anyone say they are cooked on the back of that.
HEY FRUIT, I KNOW YOU USUALLY POST ABOUT O&M IN THE TDFL SECTION BUT GET YA FACTS RIGHT CHAMP.

Mitta were 2nd about 5 seasons ago.

The last 3 seasons anyone above them were about 5 games clear, they were making up numbers. F*CK MY CAT.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back