2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s fact cook tried to poach Mason, he floated playing at barny chose the better club. To break in to cresswells side at such a young age at the business end of the season, the boy has talent. Predominantly played back half last year, hoping to see him up the ground more, and he’ll be one of the leagues best.

Very very well said. Mitta 2nd, 5th and 6th in the last 3 seasons. How could anyone say they are cooked on the back of that.
Fruit Geographically Mitta are hugely disadvantaged, they will struggle big time to recruit. They were full of stars who are all 35-45 now, if they play finals in the next five years, and don’t struggle to fill sides, I’ll eat my words.
Nothing against the club, they were a powerhouse.

Because your rant goes on about 'WE' like you are the messiah of Mitta after you & your mate(s) abandon them and head for the Upper Murray, then they have to pay for more spuds in the seniors & then other players filter down to take your spots, etc - you're part of the problem. Loyalty, club.

How happy was the club when you & your mate(s) got clearances?

Your opinion holds half of Henry's bucket.

There were players in their 50s playing the back end of the whole season bloke, not just round 18.
I know, because I was scared for their safety when we played Mitta.
Yeah ok, not sure if you're taking the piss or not but i'll bite. I went through the last 7 rounds of 2019, and apart from round 18 there was only one bloke older than me that played 2's during that span which was a guy of 36, then me at 34. I know i'm rough to look at but not sure I could be mistaken for 50.
I'm sure the club wasn't too fussed at all that I left for a couple of years. Apart from that i've played there non stop since 1997, fairly loyal I would say. The mate I went with was 37 years old. Plus at the time we were in a very strong position, both seniors and reservers coming off Grand Final appearances, with plentiful numbers. Hell, i'd been dropped from the 2's the year before, hardly the kind of player the club would lose sleep over.
Anyway, not sure who you are but good luck. Hope, (but doubt) any of us will get on the park this year.

Yeah ok, not sure if you're taking the piss or not but i'll bite. I went through the last 7 rounds of 2019, and apart from round 18 there was only one bloke older than me that played 2's during that span which was a guy of 36, then me at 34. I know i'm rough to look at but not sure I could be mistaken for 50.
Anyway, not sure who you are but good luck. Hope, (but doubt) any of us will get on the park this year.
Round 13. You played. Only 18 named in official record, typical Mitta move. All 3 off the bench were in trouble(50+). It would be good to play mitta at mitta this year, love the ground & new facilities.

Salary cap was only introduced because spending got out of hand from halfwits who don’t know how to manage a club. I commend the young man for leaving the dollars where they lie.

Last edited:
Round 13. You played. Only 18 named in official record, typical Mitta move. All 3 off the bench were in trouble(50+). It would be good to play mitta at mitta this year, love the ground & new facilities.

Ah yes, I remember the game. I nearly took mark of the year. Unfortunately, I can't for life of me think who these 50+ year olds would have been so can only assume a) that you're mistaken, or b) making it up. But let's say you're right, it certainly wasn't a regular occurrence and I'm sure these phantom 50 year olds greatly appreciated that you were concerned for their safety. You sound very noble.
I'm still not sure what part of my original rant you disagreed with, or me playing at Cudgie prevented me from having an opinion on? The conversation was the future of Mitta, and how they would cope without money. I said;
  • Money hasn't been a huge drawcard in the past, more chance of success
  • Without success or money and with little to no population to draw from, and geographically speaking, yes there are genuine concerns for our long term future.
  • Mentioned that our last few years haven't been that bad relatively speaking.
On the last point, our last 10 years have been by far the worst decade in our almost 70 years. It still netted 1 premiership, 4 grand finals and 7 finals appearances. I'm sure some clubs might take that. But i'm assuming you took umbrage with the money comment.

As for Bruisers comment that all of our stars are now in the 35-45 age bracket, i'm not sure where you're getting this information from. I was the oldest week in-week out player at the club last year, and as mentioned I was 34. The year before that only Dicketts x2 were older. If you can find a player who played seniors at Mitta last year that was older than that, i'd be very surprised.

Ah yes, I remember the game. I nearly took mark of the year. Unfortunately, I can't for life of me think who these 50+ year olds would have been so can only assume a) that you're mistaken, or b) making it up. But let's say you're right, it certainly wasn't a regular occurrence and I'm sure these phantom 50 year olds greatly appreciated that you were concerned for their safety. You sound very noble.
I'm still not sure what part of my original rant you disagreed with, or me playing at Cudgie prevented me from having an opinion on? The conversation was the future of Mitta, and how they would cope without money. I said;
  • Money hasn't been a huge drawcard in the past, more chance of success
  • Without success or money and with little to no population to draw from, and geographically speaking, yes there are genuine concerns for our long term future.
  • Mentioned that our last few years haven't been that bad relatively speaking.
On the last point, our last 10 years have been by far the worst decade in our almost 70 years. It still netted 1 premiership, 4 grand finals and 7 finals appearances. I'm sure some clubs might take that. But i'm assuming you took umbrage with the money comment.

As for Bruisers comment that all of our stars are now in the 35-45 age bracket, i'm not sure where you're getting this information from. I was the oldest week in-week out player at the club last year, and as mentioned I was 34. The year before that only Dicketts x2 were older. If you can find a player who played seniors at Mitta last year that was older than that, i'd be very surprised.
There all full of s**t

Sorry boys I know it’s the TDFL page. But I see good old Stevo is saying how clubs on here should be run, spend their money and recruit. Big call from someone that has had his club in Glenrowan fold. They were the worst at all of those areas. Which put them in their situation now, he defends how they went about it spending big, recruiting money hungry players that are only there for the dollars, but then quick to kick the boots into other clubs in the area that pay players. Which lets be serious every club does. I’m sure he will come back with a smart ass remark about paying players at the club I follow. But last time I checked I will be able to go and watch my team for many years to come and enjoy their successful years. I will also be their supporting, volunteering and putting my hard earned dollars in when the struggling times that will come too. For my club is well ran with a strong committee, and other loyal ex players that support through sponsorships and volunteer work. Like most clubs in the North East.

Sorry boys I know it’s the TDFL page. But I see good old Stevo is saying how clubs on here should be run, spend their money and recruit. Big call from someone that has had his club in Glenrowan fold. They were the worst at all of those areas. Which put them in their situation now, he defends how they went about it spending big, recruiting money hungry players that are only there for the dollars, but then quick to kick the boots into other clubs in the area that pay players. Which lets be serious every club does. I’m sure he will come back with a smart ass remark about paying players at the club I follow. But last time I checked I will be able to go and watch my team for many years to come and enjoy their successful years. I will also be their supporting, volunteering and putting my hard earned dollars in when the struggling times that will come too. For my club is well ran with a strong committee, and other loyal ex players that support through sponsorships and volunteer work. Like most clubs in the North East.

Spot on Piechucker , Stevo club has gone for good because for all the reason your in the last part of your post , Glenrowan were not they only existed past 2012 because Mcphails put in a s**t load of cash 90% of player brought in for s**t load of $. People like him is the reason there club was s**t
This bloke has no credibility when it comes to anything he post on here or other forums

No credibility, this is coming from people who think it’s ok to pay guys from Melbourne $2000 a game with out training. Let’s keep your spam on the o&k board you drongos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club that finished in the 5 last year would have spent more on players then they should have and paid sign on fees and gave bonus to players, not just mitta. If they say no then there full of crap. Unfortunately my thoughts on mitta are there local junior numbers. Dederang seem to be in the same boat. No doubt they could go and buy a premiership.

Every club that finished in the 5 last year would have spent more on players then they should have and paid sign on fees and gave bonus to players, not just mitta. If they say no then there full of crap. Unfortunately my thoughts on mitta are there local junior numbers. Dederang seem to be in the same boat. No doubt they could go and buy a premiership.
how would you know w***er I can tell you now Chiltern do not pay sign on fees and certainly none of the under table stuff.

unless your involved with a club you wouldn't have a clue what goes on.

What’s everyone thoughts if tdfl went with two different pools and top two in both pools played each other in finals. Same as what Hume league are talking bout doing.

What’s everyone thoughts if tdfl went with two different pools and top two in both pools played each other in finals. Same as what Hume league are talking bout doing.
Would be fine, I think it’s fair enough, sides like wahgunyah are still going to get thumped on either side of the pool and all the good sides will ultimately end up playing each other.

Division 1- Ruth-Chil-Barn-Wahg-Wod-Beech
Division 2- Yack-Kiewa-dederang-tall-mitta-Thur.
That’s how it will be if it happens, only down fall is division 1 is incredibly weak, with 3 deplorable sides.

It’s the most likely scenario if the Hume league have floated that format, personally I’d rather see a full season that runs in to the summer.

how would you know w***er I can tell you now Chiltern do not pay sign on fees and certainly none of the under table stuff.

unless your involved with a club you wouldn't have a clue what goes on.
Sorry flyer, not true yeah ok 😉😉 like the Cox rumour hey. Your obviously not too involved at chiltern. But anyway we’re all entitled to our opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back