2021 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

May explain the lack of simulation games, surely there would still be an element of management behind this ie calf tightness so no point pushing him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Neale completed all training today no match sim so no real contact today.
When training was nearly over he was running laps with Zorko & Adams
After 3.5 laps Neale was about 90 meters in front of Zorko with Adams a further 25 meters away.
I left at that time so not sure how many laps they were doing.
Gardiner just lots of laps on his own during training
Cockatoo looked like only laps but he was wearing the training guernsey so may have done a bit that i missed
I was taking some photos so can't give much of a report only what was close to my position.
Standard training stuff that other posters have mentioned over the past weeks.

A couple of things i noticed
They did a practice block of "manning the mark" and not going over said mark. Easy at training but lets see what happens when games start and instinct kicks in. But nice to see they are practicing the new rule

Also towards the end of training Jarrod Berry was getting a controlled test on his shoulder with two conditioning staff and or coaches. He was being tackled or doing the tackling so, one on one or two on one. He was completely spent by the end
It was a good test of his shoulder as can be seen from these photos. Hope no damage was done

DSC_0205.JPG DSC_0203.JPG DSC_0193.JPG

Vaguely reminiscent of the test done on Nigel Lappin's ribs pre-the 2003 GF. I was at that training session and all the supporters were grimacing at every tackle and hit. They were testing Nigel's broken ribs but rumour has it they punctured his lung in that test.

Neale completed all training today no match sim so no real contact today.
When training was nearly over he was running laps with Zorko & Adams
After 3.5 laps Neale was about 90 meters in front of Zorko with Adams a further 25 meters away.
I left at that time so not sure how many laps they were doing.
Gardiner just lots of laps on his own during training
Cockatoo looked like only laps but he was wearing the training guernsey so may have done a bit that i missed
I was taking some photos so can't give much of a report only what was close to my position.
Standard training stuff that other posters have mentioned over the past weeks.

A couple of things i noticed
They did a practice block of "manning the mark" and not going over said mark. Easy at training but lets see what happens when games start and instinct kicks in. But nice to see they are practicing the new rule

Also towards the end of training Jarrod Berry was getting a controlled test on his shoulder with two conditioning staff and or coaches. He was being tackled or doing the tackling so, one on one or two on one. He was completely spent by the end
It was a good test of his shoulder as can be seen from these photos. Hope no damage was done

View attachment 1058517View attachment 1058519View attachment 1058520
Bet those lads are feeling a bit stiff and sore today.

Not just saying that as a joke. When you are not used to that sort of thing or at least haven't done it in a while your body won't be too impressed.

Vaguely reminiscent of the test done on Nigel Lappin's ribs pre-the 2003 GF. I was at that training session and all the supporters were grimacing at every tackle and hit. They were testing Nigel's broken ribs but rumour has it they punctured his lung in that test.
Yes a gutsy effort by Nigel that day. And he was one of our best players in that GF win
Played with 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung
Me being a wimp i would have demanded an ICU bed.
Akermanis informing the press about the injury beforehand was not one of his best moments.

Bet those lads are feeling a bit stiff and sore today.

Not just saying that as a joke. When you are not used to that sort of thing or at least haven't done it in a while your body won't be too impressed.
Berry is 193cm & 90 KG so the smaller of the two could be a little sore.
The other guy who looks like Ben Hudson our ruck coach is way bigger than Berry
Maybe i should have added some captions-
Top photo - "get up you wuss i only dumped you on your injured shoulder"
Middle photo - Hudson (if it is Hudson) to his offsider: "i bet that tickled just a little and you dropped the ball"
Bottom photo - Both of them to Berry: "you really need to avoid this situation in a game"

Is Cockatoo ever likely to see the field and if so, will he go snippity snap straight away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By snippity snap are you referring to his hamstrings? Or being a solid contributing player with flashy match winning ability?

Yeah ever having his hammies good enough for the match comittee to select him

Yeah ever having his hammies good enough for the match comittee to select him

Time will tell. So far so good, but don't think it was hammmy injuries keeping him out last year. Was a wrist thing early in the season. Got to a stage where it was obvious he wouldn't get back to play so was put on ice & sent back to vic for treatment. I think.

Snippet in CM today about Lachie Neale having been rested fit to a calf injury. Says he will line up in next weeks practice match against the Suns. Can anyone find any details about this match? Date, time etc.?

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Snippet in CM today about Lachie Neale having been rested fit to a calf injury. Says he will line up in next weeks practice match against the Suns. Can anyone find any details about this match? Date, time etc.?

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app
27th evening at Metricon

As per the Roar Deal today.
The club is having what would normally be their Main Intraclub this week, possibly even weekend.
The club is still deciding if it will be an open or closed match.😕
Channel seven news just announced Lions to play Intraclub match at Zillmere Friday but no time mentioned and no mention of a closed session.

No “whole group” match play today, mostly drills and small group plays

Zorko made the most of his time ... by designing a new seat... E7F64C65-9C41-4C45-8A30-7C35AC0BA7D6.jpeg
and was then temporarily joined by two 200cm forwards (sans “footy seat”)

21F075DA-A445-4A08-800F-76989B184EF9.jpeg

Looked a lot like "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" - but who is to say which is which.

No “whole group” match play today, mostly drills and small group plays

Zorko made the most of his time ... by designing a new seat...View attachment 1059989
and was then temporarily joined by two 200cm forwards (sans “footy seat”)

View attachment 1059992

Looked a lot like "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" - but who is to say which is which.
Hi, I came looking for some Zorko info in regards to SuperCoach and his role this year. This isn’t quite what I was hoping for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back