• Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't really compare a 4 game player to the best young midfielder in the competition.

Correct, but saying 'objectively' better isn't true when there's a number of stats that clearly show it's not objectively true.

Also 'best young midfielder' by what measure, because if it's average Brownlow votes per game (a pretty good indicator of best midfielders) then Rowell is well ahead.

Walsh will be Tom Scully MkII. A fine player that runs all day and can collect the footy but you don’t lay awake at night wondering how you stop him.

Walsh will be Tom Scully MkII. A fine player that runs all day and can collect the footy but you don’t lay awake at night wondering how you stop him.
Comparing an inside midfielder to a winger shows just how much you know about football.

I think Walsh is more likely to be more Craig Bradley (but with inferior kicking) than Tom Scully.

Hawthorn and Adelaide.

Adelaide has some serious defence weaknesses atm, along with other concerns.

Hawks have little to get excited about however Clarkson should be worth a win or two over Nicks.

I don't think we will win the spoon but we are possibly going to start the year without Gunston, Sicily, Mitchell, Wingard.

Average teams can not afford to miss arguably it's 4 best players, hopefully some of them can get up or it will be a tough start to the year.

If we don’t beat Essendon round 1, we will be 0-5...we aren’t beating Richmond, Geelong or Freo in Perth without Gunston, sicily, an underdone Mitchell and wingard...Melbourne round 5 is winnable but our confidence will be shot being 0-4... it’s between us, the crows and north for the spoon. All 3 teams will win under 7 games.

If we don’t beat Essendon round 1, we will be 0-5...we aren’t beating Richmond, Geelong or Freo in Perth without Gunston, sicily, an underdone Mitchell and wingard...Melbourne round 5 is winnable but our confidence will be shot being 0-4... it’s between us, the crows and north for the spoon. All 3 teams will win under 7 games.

Whilst I mostly agree with you, footy never works like that.

It is one of the most unpredictable sports going and teams beat and lose to teams they shouldn't all the time. Overall prospects may be accurate but pencilling in specific games is near impossible in the AFL. Hell, Hawthorn beat Brisbane and Richmond in the first month last year and then basically couldn't beat anyone else, including a winless Adelaide.

It's just as likely that Hawthorn lose to Essendon and Melbourne but then still beat 1 or 2 of Richmond, Geelong and Freo. All part of the fun and frustration of it I guess.

I mean sure or we beat Essendon and Melbourne in our first 5 and get a plucky upset against on of the other 3 and leave the first 5 games 3-2... Who knows... Games aren't played on paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we will win the spoon but we are possibly going to start the year without Gunston, Sicily, Mitchell, Wingard.

Average teams can not afford to miss arguably it's 4 best players, hopefully some of them can get up or it will be a tough start to the year.

On paper you should be contending for the spoon IMO but a genius coach and some clever players will pull out some wins from here and there.

Back