Midfielders drafted in the top 10 in 2021, 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he looks like he rushes his kicks and seems to kick a bit over his shoulder rather than run and kick directly moving forward. I think he is a great player, but I just see some really dynamic kids out there. Ashcroft wont be the best from that draft IMO. But, we'll see over the next 3 or 4 years I suppose.
His kicking isnt a strength. He can get under the ball a bit, although the lions game plan definitely pushing kicking quickly first.

But Ashcrofts hands would be right up there in the best in the comp already. He is just incredibly clean in picking it up and dishing it off - kinda Neale like. Its not as flashy and sometimes you need to see the replay to really appreciate the work those inside mids do.

Yep,
Very early in the piece. How many times have we seen a kid dominate and then struggle when more work gets put into them or they get a significant injury. Going from support player to midfield leader is also a challenge for some.
Haven't seen many second year players get the attention Daicos has received. Yet, still picking up 25+ disposals and effective. The fact we have such high standards on him now and what is a fantastic game for most players may actually be considered 'average' for Daicos is a testament to how good this kid is.

He is not a 'support' player and is instrumental in getting the team going. And he kicks goals.
The kid is so professional on and off the ground that he will only get better.

Nah, has more levels to reach and he is already way better than Ginbey. Like I said Ginbey will be a solid role player while Sheezel will be a match winner

It's too early to make definitive statements at this point. While I believe that Sheezel has the potential to be great, it's important to remember that Ginbey may also reach that level or higher in due time. Every player has a unique development rate.

To illustrate this point, using examples from my own team I can recall Luke Dunstan's impressive performance of 30 touches and 2 goals in only his second game, but unfortunately, he didn't continue to progress. On the flip side, Brendan Goddard had a rough start for the first 3.5 seasons, before finally hitting his stride.

Pick 9 in the draft. 😆
Except he didn’t actually cost us 9 …

But yeah a Carlton supporter talking up draft busts …. How’s paddy Dow basically cost you p3 and p6 -(you had to use on Cerra when you could’ve drafted him originally, now that’s some A class recruiting right there😆

Honourable mentions to O brien and SPS too 🤣

Except he didn’t actually cost us 9 …

But yeah a Carlton supporter talking up draft busts …. How’s paddy Dow basically cost you p3 and p6 -(you had to use on Cerra when you could’ve drafted him originally, now that’s some A class recruiting right there😆

Honourable mentions to O brien and SPS too 🤣

I list a simple fact with no other comment and you get all offended.

Freo victim mentality.

No ceiling for our Harry. Can play back, mid & forward line with damaging ease. He’ll kick a couple of bags soon and showcase how good he is.
He’s a seagull mate, how could he play mid when he can’t get a contested disposal?
Nah, has more levels to reach and he is already way better than Ginbey. Like I said Ginbey will be a solid role player while Sheezel will be a match winner
Sheezel would s**t his pants doing what Ginbey does.

I know if my club passed up Ben King and Connor Rozee for Rory Lobb, some kid called Sam Sturt and a couple of seasons worth of Jesse Hogan scratching his ass, I wouldn’t be as inclined to dish out the lol’s as old mate fnerd

And if I did feel the urge I wouldn’t be using a 12 disposal Matthew Johnson as my 1 wood.

He’s a seagull mate, how could he play mid when he can’t get a contested disposal?

Sheezel would s**t his pants doing what Ginbey does.
Ginbey would s**t his pants if he got caught in the Warlord’s path

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I list a simple fact with no other comment and you get all offended.

Freo victim mentality.

He probably thought the comment was strange coming from a Carlton supporter who butcher high picks for fun. Freo didnt even use that pick to get him lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know if my club passed up Ben King and Connor Rozee for Rory Lobb, some kid called Sam Sturt and a couple of seasons worth of Jesse Hogan scratching his ass, I wouldn’t be as inclined to dish out the lol’s as old mate fnerd

And if I did feel the urge I wouldn’t be using a 12 disposal Matthew Johnson as my 1 wood.
Nah I’ll dish whatever I want out 😃

Now back to hoping your club hasn’t seriously erred by splitting p2 which could of been either bond fide stars Wardlaw and sheezel

He probably thought the comment was strange coming from a Carlton supporter who butcher high picks for fun. Freo didnt even use that pick to get him lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Liam Henry was pick 9 in the draft.

I didn’t say anything else.

McKenzie - watch and see with this kid, looks a little unassuming to be in this conversation but he's got some bulk and kicks it very well
He’s composed, has a great kick and finds time and space.
Is going to be a superb player.

Nah I’ll dish whatever I want out 😃

Now back to hoping your club hasn’t seriously erred by splitting p2 which could of been either bond fide stars Wardlaw and sheezel
We’re more than happy with Ginbey and Hewett thanks for your concern. :thumbsu:

His peak is a more versatile Robbie Grey. His true forward craft is hidden by playing him at half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back