Position 2022 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Oliver? Seems a safe 110 and super durable/consistent. Now that Walsh is out, Oliver feels just about the pick of those 110 priced options. Other than the big 4 of Steele, Touk, Macrae and Titch, Oliver feels one of the softest premium mids. 24 years of age so still mightn’t have peaked

He's a 'lock him in and throw away they key' type pick which you will certainly appreciate having once the season kicks in and the chaos and carnage begin. There's certainly merit to picking guys like him and then taking your risks/gambles elsewhere.

I know a few aren’t super keen, but I just can’t help but think Serong ticks every box to breakout to 100+
Obviously bias but short of injury, I'd be staggered if he doesnt average 100+. His average last year is really deceiving where he had to play as a kind of defensive tagger / stopper for at least a quarter of the season. He'll be 100% off the chain this year and had another full pre-season behind him

Obviously bias but short of injury, I'd be staggered if he doesnt average 100+. His average last year is really deceiving where he had to play as a kind of defensive tagger / stopper for at least a quarter of the season. He'll be 100% off the chain this year and had another full pre-season behind him
Fully agree. Look at those last three games last season when playing as a ball winner, all 115+. I really do think Serong could be anything

Thoughts on Oliver? Seems a safe 110 and super durable/consistent. Now that Walsh is out, Oliver feels just about the pick of those 110 priced options. Other than the big 4 of Steele, Touk, Macrae and Titch, Oliver feels one of the softest premium mids. 24 years of age so still mightn’t have peaked
Oliver has been in my team day 1 can't move him. Lock. Ever since i heard he was super hungry and fit as in december, he wasn't gonna leave my side.

Does everything right, moves well both inside and outside and now Trac gets the tag

Fully agree. Look at those last three games last season when playing as a ball winner, all 115+. I really do think Serong could be anything
Just reading the tea leaves.. not really banking on any field worthy DEF or FWD rooks at this point so with less coin available to start more than 2 uber priced mids a Serong pick may be essential.

Blues' footy boss names players to follow from Carlton intra-club​

Carlton head of footy Greg ‘Diesel’ Williams has commented on a number of standouts and players coming into big years in 2022 that featured in the Blues’ Friday intra-club.

Patrick Cripps

“He looked sharp today, he did.

“He’s moving well, he’s in good shape, his pre-season has been super.”

Adam Cerra

“I’m being positive, but he was unreal as well today.

“He’s a pretty good player already, he’s class, he really is.

“I think Carlton supporters will be very happy with Cerra, put it that way.”

George Hewett

“He’s just that strong inside midfielder that we need to help Cripps.

“He’s looking good too, he’s just a great bloke to have in your team.”

George Hewett

“He’s just that strong inside midfielder that we need to help Cripps.

“He’s looking good too, he’s just a great bloke to have in your team.”
If we see CBAs from him during the practise matches, I'm in.

are horne-francis and daicos locks? Anyone have onlly one - if so which? Anyone bypassing them both?
I'm only taking Daicos as the :padlock: .....also have Ward who has a good rep in juniors for racking up possessions

I'm not taking JHF, with that strength of Norths Midfield, keeping him on a HFF early season IMO

Playing midfield doesn't automatically mean good fantasy scores.

Hewett has never really shown any fantasy ability at Sydney, so not sure what would change at Carlton.

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing midfield doesn't automatically mean good fantasy scores.

Hewett has never really shown any fantasy ability at Sydney, so not sure what would change at Carlton.
He wasn't played much in the mid at Sydney apart from a tagging/defensive role when he was let off the leash he scored quite well, as evidenced by a 98 average over the last 3 games. My worry is that he's been recruited as that defensive mid because the Blues don't really have one since Curnow was moved out. Maybe he'll have a more attacking role whilst Walsh is out?

Just reading the tea leaves.. not really banking on any field worthy DEF or FWD rooks at this point so with less coin available to start more than 2 uber priced mids a Serong pick may be essential.
My problem is I've probably only got room for 1 of the following:

Neale, Cripps, Serong, Crouch, Dangerfield or maybe even a Yeo or Cerra.

There's loads at that price. I'm not sure who stands out.

Serong probably leads the pack at the minute.

Serong is in my team at the moment but I'm not completely sold. No doubt he can rack up big numbers if he gets the chance, but is he a first choice mid? In those three games Fyfe didn't play and Brayshaw only played one. Freo got smashed in two of them and scrapped in against WC in the other.

Do you guys think Caldwell is a good pick?
He’s in my team atm - priced at 58 (18 point discount), so good value. Rock solid JS afaik but with injury concerns.

I’m wavering though - I could downgrade him to JHF (or even cheaper) and turn Neale into Steele. So tempting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back