Position 2022 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree the price is just that fraction high. I would still do it though if my structure allowed.

NB this is actually his third year if that helps - made his debut in 2020, although admittedly only played 2 games that year so last year was the first season he featured in a prominent way.
On a side note, I wonder if the reason Swans let Dawson go so easily was because they saw the potential of McInerney in that role :think:

Was a curious trade letting him go for just a pick right as he was starting to show something big. Had to have been a good reason and me thinks McInerney was involved in thought process. Makes him even more of a lock if that's the case.

On a side note, I wonder if the reason Swans let Dawson go so easily was because they saw the potential of McInerney in that role :think:

Was a curious trade letting him go for just a pick right as he was starting to show something big. Had to have been a good reason and me thinks McInerney was involved in thought process. Makes him even more of a lock if that's the case.
Aren't Swans under salary cap pressure? I thought that was a contributing factor.

McInerney $583k sure looks primed for a great year, but with cheaper options - George Hewett $537k & James Sicily $510k, its hard to fit him in.
Still gotta find a way to fit Heath Chapman $408k in.

Edit. Just squeezed Chapman in at D5, Paton $380k D6.
Expensive last 2 defenders..
Uber premo mids incl,
Miller, Steele, Macrae, Oliver,
Rowell, JHF, Daicos Ward,
Gawn/Marshall (or ROB),
3 decent fwds, Brodie F4 will have to do.

They didn’t let him go easy

They complained about his value and crows took advantage of a strong trade position(psd threat) and held their ground at a fair price in the circumstances

Sydney we’re not happy at all and soiled about the unfairness of it all

They didn’t let him go easy

They complained about his value and crows took advantage of a strong trade position(psd threat) and held their ground at a fair price in the circumstances

Sydney we’re not happy at all and soiled about the unfairness of it all
Can't say I was following the trade. Late first round pick tied to Dees seemed well unders. Didn't think it was out of this world to say the rise of McInereney who has his role now could have had something to do with it.

Titch, MacRae, jelly, crouch, Rowell and the rooks. Is this too weak?
Nup no way. Solid as, so long as Mitchell is good to go.

As a fellow non-Steele, non-Touk owner I know it feels a little like you’re swimming against a huge tide of coaches but there are plenty of sub-million dollar mids that represent excellent value and scoring power.

As a fellow non-Steele, non-Touk owner I know it feels a little like you’re swimming against a huge tide of coaches but there are plenty of sub-million dollar mids that represent excellent value and scoring power.
if it helps the last 5 winners have never started with the top priced mid

Exactly right! If Mitchell is good to go I think he finished second highest mid scorer. Everyone saying he will play foward don't realise he only attended 70 percent cbas, with a little rest in the back and foward line. Out of a our mids he's the worst foward so will barely play there, he really is a one position player, they're not going to park a ball pig foward.

126 second half last year, virtually pre season in years, im ready 😂 just feel him and MacRae are more value then the other 2 big dogs

Exactly right! If Mitchell is good to go I think he finished second highest mid scorer. Everyone saying he will play foward don't realise he only attended 70 percent cbas, with a little rest in the back and foward line. Out of a our mids he's the worst foward so will barely play there, he really is a one position player, they're not going to park a ball pig foward.

126 second half last year, virtually pre season in years, im ready 😂 just feel him and MacRae are more value then the other 2 big dogs
Is Titch carrying an injury though?

As a proud owner last year (since after his bye) and as someone who's been trying to convince himself he's not worth the price tag this year, I can't deny reality any longer. The man has not missed a beat over the summer and continues to show he's on a completely different level to the other 43 players he takes the field with weekly. If some other scrub has to take the fall to a cheaper scrub, so be it.

st6-a2311-br1_2_10.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a proud owner last year (since after his bye) and as someone who's been trying to convince himself he's not worth the price tag this year, I can't deny reality any longer. The man has not missed a beat over the summer and continues to show he's on a completely different level to the other 43 players he takes the field with weekly. If some other scrub has to take the fall to a cheaper scrub, so be it.

View attachment 1340561
He just can't score against the Eagles is my only issue.
Touk Miller, Gold Coast Suns Stats vs West Coast - AFL Dream Team Scores, Stats and Graphs

You have to keep in mind the base rates. Last year there were 10 players who scored ≥110, and 16 that scored between 90-99. So relatively, it is more likely a player who scored 110 the previous year scores more than 110 the next year compared to a 90-99 player. However, a lot of those are due to Jack McRae.

Just looking at that table. Josh Kelly top 8 mid in 2018 and 2019, and averaged 111 when playing midfield last year which puts him tied for 8th again last year
Just need to our Wines, could be Brayshaw if he doesn't give me a heart attack

Just need to our Wines, could be Brayshaw if he doesn't give me a heart attack
I’m big on Brayshaw. Think he can legit do 110-115. Really struggling to split Bray and Kelly. Bray is a tag threat, but Kelly also a threat to be Leon’d and he’s always injury prone

I’m big on Brayshaw. Think he can legit do 110-115. Really struggling to split Bray and Kelly. Bray is a tag threat, but Kelly also a threat to be Leon’d and he’s always injury prone
Tags will come for Bray.. also his field kicking looks to have gone to another level this off season. 54 v Worp 64 v Berry were the two hard tags he copped last year. If he was only guaranteed to be tagged twice again this year I'd go him for sure. All the signs are there that he's got another level to go to which would put him amongst the top 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back