Video Highlights 2022 Grand Final Replay Count

Remove this Banner Ad

A 2:30pm viewing party sounds like an ideal option

1695481839572.gif

Geelong Cats Flirt GIF by NAB

Sometimes I have to watch the replay again to believe that Hawkins TWICE grabbed the ball from the ruck and kicked a goal IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF A GRAND FINAL.

Had a 2022 finals marathon yesterday. We're in the middle of a heat wave. Too hot to do anything outside. Watch the Collingwood and Lions matches on replay for the first time. Hadn't watched the GF for a few months. Enjoyed it all. Every time I watch the GF the Cats look better and better.

Glad I wasn't playing the drinking game whereby you drink every time BT or JB called the wrong Geelong player's name. Wouldn't have made it to half time.
Still shed a tear in the last quarter.

Smith for the Norm.
I may be biased but I haven’t seen a team this season even remotely near the level we were at in 22.

Sometimes I have to watch the replay again to believe that Hawkins TWICE grabbed the ball from the ruck and kicked a goal IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF A GRAND FINAL.
Decided the game 2 and a half quarters earlier than when he decided the 2011 grand final. He also kicked crucial 2nd (lol) and 4th quarter goals in the 2009 epic. Big time player.

2020 was his only grand final letdown but he was far from on his lonesome.

Decided the game 2 and a half quarters earlier than when he decided the 2011 grand final. He also kicked crucial 2nd (lol) and 4th quarter goals in the 2009 epic. Big time player.

2020 was his only grand final letdown but he was far from on his lonesome.

Damn that was so good. I was M1, Row A, down that end that quarter.

I posted this is the game thread but thought I'd post it here as well. Below are some links to 1080p recording of the Grand Final with 6 alternate commentaries: SEN, ABC, 3AW, NIRS, MMM & Krock.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c4zLnFcBL6NxP9yCXbKLAuxnUnVczWKY/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fh02luTBpWNplde61rJeHW0hsD_tWf5l/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M77FY2vnUABZT6e5fNvvJqenCgW1umFx/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CCJCh1DZq38ICaCugHpBp2fsQgKsH_PQ/view?usp=sharing
Bumping this as was going down memory lane over the weekend! How do you actually change the commentary on these, I haven’t been able to find an option? Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched 1st Q again - funny the things you only notice the first time after umpteen viewings!

-That first goal from Hawk - when he grabbed it, as he is turning around, Atkins is running past, clear space in front, perfect position for the hb receive and goal. Imagine if he had have kicked the first - would have been a pretty unlikely choice!

I’ll never get tired of this premiership win, pure dominance from start to finish with a fairytale ending for our champ Selwood.

In fact in years to come I think our 2022 season will be looked back on as quite the premiership year, as an individual flag triumph, it was such a completely dominant season overall by the Cats.

I might have to get this going on the PC

Watched the first quarter again and was pretty annoyed after Smith kicks our fourth goal of the quarter all from open play and there is zero enthusiasm from JB.

At least the fans at the ground were pumping. We showed up that day. Felt like a bit of pent up energy. Shades of 2007, monkey off the back toe feelings.

Can't wait to have the choice of two commentary teams once the new deal kicks in. Cannot stand ch7 commentary teams as they're currently assembled.

+ 1 Needed a pick me up, and a reminder that we're still very capable of giving things a shake. 2 years on sure

Talk of the commentary. Twice JB called it the first innings. He's a cricket commentator get him off my TV for a grand final ffs. For a GF you at atleast pick your strongest team.

+ 1 Needed a pick me up, and a reminder that we're still very capable of giving things a shake. 2 years on sure

Talk of the commentary. Twice JB called it the first innings. He's a cricket commentator get him off my TV for a grand final ffs. For a GF you at atleast pick your strongest team. Never thought I'd yearn for the days of Bruce.

Seriously. The 2011 Qualifying Final and the 2022 Preliminary Final are sad to watch. Menzel's knee injury in 2011 that not only saw him miss the Grand Final but effectively destroyed a career that could have been anything and Max Holmes' hamstring injury in 2022 that saw him miss the Grand Final. I've watched both recently and yeah, I still get really bummed out.

At least Max's story is far from done yet.

Incidentally, the 2011 Qualifying Final was also 2022 Norm Smith medalist Isaac Smith's first final played. Pity he was wearing the colours of the toilet bowl that night!

The commentary from ch7 for the GF is absolutely woeful. Brayshaw wanted to be anywhere else than at the ground that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back