Video Highlights 2022 Grand Final Replay Count

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t watch replays, so obviously haven’t watched this.

Has anyone changed their mind on who was norm?
I reckon Stengle with a tiny smidgeon of luck, could've pinched it from Smith. He had a kick smothered that would've gone through for a goal in the 1st qtr and he had a poster in the last, if they go through the kid had 6 goals in a granny.

Having listened to all the commentary options on the blu-ray, I find that the original 7 broadcast is the most enjoyable. Listening to BT and Brayshaw become progressively embittered and spitting out the call like bitter ashes is almost as funny as listening to them wet their pants at every Sydney goal to half-time. They tried so hard to make it sound like the swans were putting up a fight until then, but once it became a walkover the deflated tone in their voices made it clear where their loyalties lay. Truly a beautiful moment in AFL.

Having listened to all the commentary options on the blu-ray, I find that the original 7 broadcast is the most enjoyable. Listening to BT and Brayshaw become progressively embittered and spitting out the call like bitter ashes is almost as funny as listening to them wet their pants at every Sydney goal to half-time. They tried so hard to make it sound like the swans were putting up a fight until then, but once it became a walkover the deflated tone in their voices made it clear where their loyalties lay. Truly a beautiful moment in AFL.
Yep. You can tell so clearly that the only excitement from the game was when Sydney scored. All Geelong goals received a very monotone response.

Has anyone else had picture quality issues with this?

On my blu-ray player, it plays as if a 25fps attempt to play 50fps (e.g. as if every second frame is missing ...)

The 2007 GF DVD (with five commentaries, not three) had a better picture quality than this sack of sh!t release.

It looks like I'm watching a stream, not a HQ DVD.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a 2022 finals marathon yesterday. We're in the middle of a heat wave. Too hot to do anything outside. Watch the Collingwood and Lions matches on replay for the first time. Hadn't watched the GF for a few months. Enjoyed it all. Every time I watch the GF the Cats look better and better.

Glad I wasn't playing the drinking game whereby you drink every time BT or JB called the wrong Geelong player's name. Wouldn't have made it to half time.
Still shed a tear in the last quarter.

Smith for the Norm.

Had a 2022 finals marathon yesterday. We're in the middle of a heat wave. Too hot to do anything outside. Watch the Collingwood and Lions matches on replay for the first time. Hadn't watched the GF for a few months. Enjoyed it all. Every time I watch the GF the Cats look better and better.

Glad I wasn't playing the drinking game whereby you drink every time BT or JB called the wrong Geelong player's name. Wouldn't have made it to half time.

Smith for the Norm.

So true patience
Watched the 1st and 3rd recently as a "guilty pleasure"
We just looked so dominant and never let them kick 2 in a row , that's a complete demolition of a quality contender.
Swans couldn't get any flow and just looked bereft of ideas , our pressure was off the charts.
Geez we looked focused and just plain mean , loved it ;)

Those links are still working, at least they are for me. I updated them the other day though so you might have tried the old links.
I am forever grateful for this. Considering the Blu Ray quality of this game for sale is atrocious.
I downloaded all 3 finals. Excellent quality. I can watch on my Samsung 70” on a usb and choose any commentary I like.
Legend. Thank you.

Smith for the Norm.
The number of times BT just freezes when the ball is getting rapidly moved between our players is actually hilarious, like he can’t process how badly the game is going for Sydney so he defaults to stand-by mode hahaha

Ive lost count now. I put it on AFL app at the gym, watch and listen. Also rotating the other finals and the tigers game.

I love going on big health kicks after a flag.

I can go harder and longer plus i dont want to stop or turn it off!

Im exhausted but i love it.

Smith for the Norm.
Danger was BOG by a long, long way.

I know Smith got 30+3, but most of his finishing was only possible due to Danger's work at the coalface.

I reckon Stengle with a tiny smidgeon of luck, could've pinched it from Smith. He had a kick smothered that would've gone through for a goal in the 1st qtr and he had a poster in the last, if they go through the kid had 6 goals in a granny.
Bollocks. Stengle was great, but he wasn't anywhere close to BOG. Danger by a very comfortable margin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back