Review Cats defeat Lions by 71 points to make 2022 GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching replays of all things last night (don't get to watch tv when at the game), Tommy in his post match interview said there's an open training session on Monday - guessing now it's a waiting game for the club to put the info out there

Finally getting a chance to watch replay, had to watch first half on small screen and no sound.
On Stengle's first goal, what's up with the near empty patch of stands behind the sticks? Whose section was that?

Finally getting a chance to watch replay, had to watch first half on small screen and no sound.
On Stengle's first goal, what's up with the near empty patch of stands behind the sticks? Whose section was that?

Not sure but the game was overwhelmingly Geelong. I was really surprised with the turnout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longest work day ever! Game was on at 2:30am my time. I had a busy Friday at work so couldn’t watch live. My only clue was a text from my Dad saying he was enjoying a nice whiskey at end of 3rd quarter.

Finished match a few hours ago. Little tipsy. Haha. Great game. Very happy. Got my Canadian mates converted over here. Bring on the Grand Final!

This photo of Joel sums up Geelong in 2022, I think. I've never seen him so fit. The last few years he hasn't looked nearly as chiselled. Indeed, I thought the jumper was looking a bit tight around him... even earlier in this year. But now absolutely peaking to perfection. God bless Harry Taylor and the fitness team. One more boys. ONE MORE! Let's ensure the greatest captain of all time gets that captain's flag.

305406642_5936516003044826_5273595984252138014_n.jpeg

So my assessment of Miers having a shocker in the first 1/4 and coming good has been backed up by those ratings.

Literally a minus rating in the first (with a few others).

Credit to Miers for turning it around and having a seriously good game after that.

I didn't think he has that in him... If he can do that next week, we will be flying.

Are Hipwood, McStay, Daniher and Cameron overrated or did our back half do an absolute job on them?

No, they're not. They were just well beaten.

When a team gets smashed, especially in the finals, it's easy to simply say the players aren't up to it.

Teams don't necessarily get smashed because the payers aren't up to it, but players always look like they aren't up to it when a team gets smashed.

Hipwood was great the week before.

Holmes scan results expected within an hour according to Jon Ralph. Holmes telling people today he expects to play 😍

I've been refreshing all day hoping for news on this!

Jesus, Hipwood, Daniher, and Zorko were no-shows.

I'm not sure there's a perfect ratings system, but I did raise an eyebrow with the ratings of a few of our players:
  • Bews as our lowest rated player doesn't feel right; I know it wasn't a big disposal night for him, but he really did a good job on Cameron & not letting him get into the game
  • That brings discussion to Charlie Cameron; how the hell did he rate higher than Cam Guthrie, SDK & Jed Bews? If discussing those 4 players alone, I know who I'd list as having the least influence on the contest, and it's the guy wearing the Fitzroy guernsey that kicked his only goal from a dubious free kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back