Review Cats defeat Lions by 71 points to make 2022 GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a Preview thread for the Grand Final yet?
There'll be one shortly

At 3am I'm guessing Daz will be sleeping, and that he'd be more inclined to get something prepared once awake

And the MRO decisions from last night are in...

GEELONG defender Jack Henry is free to play in the AFL grand final after avoiding suspension over an incident involving Brisbane's Zac Bailey.

Henry was charged with forceful front-on contact on Bailey from a collision that occurred during the second quarter of the Cats' 71-point preliminary final win on Friday night.

The AFL match review officer graded Henry's actions as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

The grading resulted in a $3000 fine, which can be reduced to $2000 with an early guilty plea.

It leaves Henry available for Saturday's grand final against Sydney at the MCG.

It will be the 24-year-old's second appearance in a season decider after he featured in the Cats' loss to Richmond two years ago.

There were no other charges out of Friday night's preliminary final.

The MRO findings from Saturday's epic Sydney-Collingwood preliminary final will be released on Sunday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been thinking about what I wanted to post and really I just can't put into words what I am feeling.
I was so, not despondent early on this year but flat about how we were going to go, had real concerns about our mids and the game plan if it stayed the same.

Bloody hell I'm happy I was either wrong and/or things changed along the lines I had thought.
We are so fortunate to support this incredible club, skimming all the other boards and we are widely loathed... And it would be pure jealousy and that we don't go away, while everyone else has dropped, rebuilt, flamed out, tried and failed we are a constant. Even if we lose we rarely give up an easy win, when they think we are about to die we rise and start throwing haymakers.
Last night was just such an ultra professional performance, we had a job to do, we did it with ruthless efficiency really.
And I still think we will be better next week

Enjoy the week friends, enjoy the ride

3C2D1E60-F2AE-4333-882D-70784FA58601.jpeg

Thought this was cool and shows just how bloody good this club is. Since 2007, we’ve now made 6 GF’s with currently a 3-2 record, 07,08,09,11,20 & 22. We’ve made PF’s in 10,13,16,17,19 & 21, an EF in 2012 & 2018, a SF in 2014 and the only down year was 2015 when we finished 10th.

And all this while constantly rebuilding the list.

It’s an extraordinary effort and a flag next week would honestly cap off a remarkable last 15 years.

View attachment 1511051

Thought this was cool and shows just how bloody good this club is. Since 2007, we’ve now made 6 GF’s with currently a 3-2 record, 07,08,09,11,20 & 22. We’ve made PF’s in 10,13,16,17,19 & 21, an EF in 2012, a SF in 2014 and the only down year was 2015 when we finished 10th.

And all this while constantly rebuilding the list.

It’s an extraordinary effort and a flag next week would honestly cap off a remarkable last 15 years.
Much more symmetrically pleasing if we win next Saturday. 4 flags from 16 seasons, 4-2 record in grand finals, a Scott-coached premiership to cap off our glory era - but then another forged over a decade with a completely different team.

Doesn't bare thinking about how disappointing a loss would be. So many years not quite good enough, but this team truly has all the tools to take that last step.

Get it done boys.

GEELONG defender Jack Henry is free to play in the AFL grand final after avoiding suspension over an incident involving Brisbane's Zac Bailey.

Henry was charged with forceful front-on contact on Bailey from a collision that occurred during the second quarter of the Cats' 71-point preliminary final win on Friday night.

The AFL match review officer graded Henry's actions as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

The grading resulted in a $3000 fine, which can be reduced to $2000 with an early guilty plea.

It will be the 24-year-old's second appearance in a season decider after he featured in the Cats' loss to Richmond two years ago.

The MRO findings from Saturday's epic Sydney-Collingwood preliminary final will be released on Sunday afternoon.
What an absurd finding. Bailey ducked his head and was looking for a high cheapie. Henry clearly went in too hot but actually avoided any head/neck contact and ended up clumsily going over the top and only making negligible contact to Bailey's shoulder.

Free yes but not a sanction. Suspect the Cats wont bother appealing it as it would be a distraction.

henry.jpg

Last edited:
What an absurd finding. Bailey ducked his head and was looking for a high cheapie. Henry clearly went in too hot but actually avoided any head/neck contact and ended up clumsily going over the top and only making negligible contact to Bailey's shoulder.

Free yes but not a sanction. Suspect the Cats wont bother appealing it as it would be a distraction.

View attachment 1511089

Cheers, I was trying to remember it.

So for fun here are the outs and ins from 2020 GF

Out. Taylor (don’t count him as coach!) Henderson, Menegola (assuming doesnt come in) Dal, MOC (assuming sub) Simpson, Ablett, Parf

In. SDK, Smith, Holmes, Close, Stengle, Atkins, Zuthrie, Cameron

Backline in 2022 is stronger I think and certainly the forward line is much much better (and quicker!). Midfield of 2020 might be better offensively but not defensively?

Interesting that 5 players in 22 in 2020 still on the list Most likely not in 2022 team…

What you still doing on? you should be banned mods mods lol
I haven’t slept since Queen Elizabeth died, all those days are a haze. Our excoriating demolition of BrizVegas. . .can only say 539913C6-6E0F-462D-BD10-AA86EFDDD5CA.jpeg
Swans gloriously, hanging on by one point, not only devastated Pies’ fans, I reckon their win, will drive Tuggers’ fans utterly insane 😜 03016298-B954-432A-A9FF-FF8143EA216D.jpeg

If this is the one that resulted in a free kick on goal, I'm surprised it even warranted a report.

Bailey ducked into it and left Henry with nowhere to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back