Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
cats_09 what are you referring?
well, considering this Tom Chadwick fellow is the head of media for the Swans...

There is a short clip on twitter worth watching. Selwood's final words before leading the players on to the ground. Bit hard to hear, so turn up volume.
Can't post it here as there is swearing in the title.
Do a search on twitter for @mickt74t and scroll a bit down his timeline.
Basically it is Selwood saying - "“We absolutely ******* deserve this boys, so let’s go get it”

Victory Pack has the GF in blu-ray, but the number of complaints about the quality are mounting up.

I'm trying to work out a solution, but the game looks like it's been streamed on kayo (e.g. low frame rate) on BOTH versions of the DVD.

I've written to madman entertainment, the new distributor about this. I suspect they have no idea of what specifications are needed for a sports dvd.

Victory Pack has the GF in blu-ray, but the number of complaints about the quality are mounting up.

I'm trying to work out a solution, but the game looks like it's been streamed on kayo (e.g. low frame rate) on BOTH versions of the DVD.

I've written to madman entertainment, the new distributor about this. I suspect they have no idea of what specifications are needed for a sports dvd.
If true that is completely unacceptable on Madman's part. Every prior AFL DVD has been 50Hz and they are a bigger distributor than any of the previous ones the AFL has dealt with, so they have no excuse. Just pure laziness, not wanting to change their production pipeline (all their other discs are either films or animations, no TV)

Would be even worse if you bought the complete season pack; same deal across 25 discs, according to the single review on JB-Hifi

Yes, those were my observations exactly (but not my review). Sport cannot reproduced at 25fps and 576 interlaced, which is why AFL video (before madman took over) always used 50fps.

And, yes, it's the same for every game of the season, including the fricking blu-ray of the Grand Final.

Yes, those were my observations exactly (but not my review). Sport cannot reproduced at 25fps and 576 interlaced, which is why AFL video (before madman took over) always used 50fps.
Being picky here, but you WANT it to be interlaced, only way to get high frame rate on DVD and BluRay
And, yes, it's the same for every game of the season, including the fricking blu-ray of the Grand Final.
Even the Blu-ray is 25Hz?! That's even more ridiculous!
If there was one they were going to put any effort into you'd think it'd be that one.

I bow to your technical superiority. :)

I'm not the only one complaining, so it's definitely happening, even if they've produced it with all the right specs. The actual specs of the DVD are:

25 pics, 25 frames, 50 fields, interlaced, top field first, 720x576

It’s pretty poor, I got the finals series set that has all 3 games, and when I put on the first final it looked like I was watching an AFL game from the year 2000. I can’t believe all games aren’t 4K UHD, especially in this day and age.

It’s pretty poor, I got the finals series set that has all 3 games, and when I put on the first final it looked like I was watching an AFL game from the year 2000. I can’t believe all games aren’t 4K UHD, especially in this day and age.
Problem is, even if it was done properly, you can only go so far with DVD; Blu-Ray really should have become the standard years ago.
Regarding 4K, there's no incentive for Ch 7 to use that format if the end user only gets an HD image. Even Fox Footy doesn't use 4K all the time, and they make a big song-and-dance about it for the test cricket.

Problem is, even if it was done properly, you can only go so far with DVD; Blu-Ray really should have become the standard years ago.
Regarding 4K, there's no incentive for Ch 7 to use that format if the end user only gets an HD image. Even Fox Footy doesn't use 4K all the time, and they make a big song-and-dance about it for the test cricket.
Can I clarify: back in 2007, the DVD was fine in terms of frame rate / smoothness.

It can't be the disc because I've bought two versions or the player because I have bought two versions and watched on multiple players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I clarify: back in 2007, the DVD was fine in terms of frame rate / smoothness.

It can't be the disc because I've bought two versions or the player because I have bought two versions and watched on multiple players.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, and I completely agree, should be 50Hz like the broadcast. UnitedWarrior93 was lamenting resolution as well as framerate, hence my comment about DVDs limitations.

Last edited:
I might as well post this here

But im a bit surprised that Partridge - who was a staunch Geel supporter no question about that - he like a few others including myself got a bit sick of the Cats continually failing in the finals though

But he was a very good poster - i actually gave him a vote 1 year - for the Best Poster on the board etc - so i am quite surprised he hasnt posted anything ( well i havent seen anything ) about Geel winning its 10th flag

Like all posters - you hope everything is all good with them - and everything is fine

But im a bit surprised that Partridge - who was a staunch Geel supporter no question about that - he like a few others including myself got a bit sick of the Cats continually failing in the finals though

But he was a very good poster - i actually gave him a vote 1 year - for the Best Poster on the board etc - so i am quite surprised he hasnt posted anything ( well i havent seen anything ) about Geel winning its 10th flag

Like all posters - you hope everything is all good with them - and everything is fine
yeah I posted something about this a couple of months ago. There are others

IMO it says a lot about them as posters and "supporters" when they disappear from the board during and after the ultimate success.
Unless there's something more important in their life of course.

Has anyone heard if like previous seasons there will be an 'Inside the Coaches Box' Grand Final replay? I always enjoy watching them..
I was wondering this.. bloody better be!

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back