Club Mgmt. 2022 Membership Thread - 84,778 members on 2022!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucked out being a milestone year in 2022 so i got all the merch in the mail.
The club called me on Monday and assisted in upgrading my kids/wife membership to a family one. Works out roughly the same price but they all get access to more games. Very happy with the outcome.

Hey, guys.

I renewed my membership about a month ago and was just on the website and noticed something which concerned me -

1645174186851.png

The best available seating at the MCG for Home Games? This has always been a reserved seat at the MCG as well as Marvel.

What does this mean? Is it now a different seat every week?

What does this mean in regards to 'best available'? After tickets have gone on sale, do we get what's left?

How is this communicated?

I have scoured the net for some info, but unable to find anything.

Anyone got any info on this?

Hey, guys.

I renewed my membership about a month ago and was just on the website and noticed something which concerned me -

View attachment 1330040

The best available seating at the MCG for Home Games? This has always been a reserved seat at the MCG as well as Marvel.

What does this mean? Is it now a different seat every week?

What does this mean in regards to 'best available'? After tickets have gone on sale, do we get what's left?

How is this communicated?

I have scoured the net for some info, but unable to find anything.

Anyone got any info on this?
First I’ve seen anything like that. Check your renewal documents, it may say differently (that is, I suspect that the seating areas normally set aside for high mark members may be exhausted by existing members- so new high mark members will have a reserved seat in the best available part of the ground instead of guaranteed on level 2?).

Worth calling them if it’s not clear from the documents what your entitlement is, and it should also be printed on your membership card when you get it.

Bronze has reserved seats for Marvel and the MCG still so I don’t think it’s a changed entitlement because they’d take it off bronze before they’d take it off silver or high mark if that was the case.

According to XC being interviewed at the intraclub today, we're at 63,000 members atm and aiming for 90k this year with covid and everything.
61,922 updated today.

Going well. Reference point is on 10/03/21 we were sitting on 58,600. Therefore we appear to be tracking between 5-6,000 up on same time a year ago.

Obviously a strong start to the year will have the club rightly targeting the 90,000 mark.

61,922 updated today.

Going well. Reference point is on 10/03/21 we were sitting on 58,600. Therefore we appear to be tracking between 5-6,000 up on same time a year ago.

Obviously a strong start to the year will have the club rightly targeting the 90,000 mark.
Xavier Campbell must have mis-remembered

Quite a funny scenario for me today related to my membership that I think others would get a chuckle out of.
I was a member back in 2020 when they offered to provide members a free signed guernsey if they continued their membership throughout COVID. I opted into this but never received my guernsey (I'd picked to get it signed by Devon Smith). I called the club multiple times and each time was told "it's being posted now".

Today, I went to the praccy game against the Dogs and thought I'd ask in person. Member Services were very surprised but still great about it and would see what they could do. They didn't have anymore Devon Smith signed ones left so they'd go down to the storeroom and let me know. The service rep comes up a short time later and says what is your size? "Large" I respond.

...."All I've got are three mediums. Signed by David Zaharakis, Joe Daniher and Orazio Fantasia. Which one do you want?"
"Err...."
"Just take all of them mate, no one else is coming to claim them".

Might go down to Visy Park and get one signed by Adam Saad just to complete a very redundant set.

Should the packs and cards have been on their way by now? Can’t recall it getting this close to the start of the season before.

Quite a funny scenario for me today related to my membership that I think others would get a chuckle out of.
I was a member back in 2020 when they offered to provide members a free signed guernsey if they continued their membership throughout COVID. I opted into this but never received my guernsey (I'd picked to get it signed by Devon Smith). I called the club multiple times and each time was told "it's being posted now".

Today, I went to the praccy game against the Dogs and thought I'd ask in person. Member Services were very surprised but still great about it and would see what they could do. They didn't have anymore Devon Smith signed ones left so they'd go down to the storeroom and let me know. The service rep comes up a short time later and says what is your size? "Large" I respond.

...."All I've got are three mediums. Signed by David Zaharakis, Joe Daniher and Orazio Fantasia. Which one do you want?"
"Err...."

Might go down to Visy Park and get one signed by Adam Saad just to complete a very redundant set.
Brilliant !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Err...."

You should get some Preen onto the illegible scribble (that's called a signature these days) and you can rock out a Caldwell, Cox, Snelling trio!!

From the member scarf to the New Era hat collection for 2022, the merchandise is pretty poor this year.
The hats a shockingly poor, we don't need half the hats covered in sponsorship logos. They look shithouse.

Do we even get cards? The email I read only talked about using your online app/barcode for entry.
Yeah just found this out today too (for AFL membership anyway)

Now they get to forcibly charge us ticket booking fees for every match no matter what, a nice welcome back to the footy post covid.

"Err...."

Lore I'm having PTSD flash backs.

******* jumpers.

The hats a shockingly poor, we don't need half the hats covered in sponsorship logos. They look shithouse.

Give us a fantastic new era cap (solid brand) and then plaster it in corporate sponsors. I was at the bombershop the other week during the VFLW game and so many people were picking them up and then putting them back. I can't think why? o_O

No membership barcode of any sort on the Essendon app and no card arrived in the mail. Three days out from the first official pre-season game. Very ordinary.
If you've done the "advantage payment plan" the clubs just about got all the money from you. They'll forget you exist until October now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back