• AFLW Game Day Access

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • AFLW Insider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

is it realistically worth it to be both a MCC member & an essendon member?

was wondering this today as i’m both (though i’ve been a MCC member for less time shockingly enough) & the only time we’ve had to resort to going through the MCC for tickets was the carlton essendon game this season
It all depends on personal circumstance. I think the MCC is the best ticket in town. I'd say it isn't worth being an Essendon member. But I get regional discount on MCC, like to sit on the second level wing, and don't take many guests. If you just go general, watch games from a bar, have no interest in going to other games etc just EFC membership might suit.

yes. $90 a year as an MCC member to get a ticket to every essendon marvel game? yes… yes it is

YES - won't always be Bomber games though

Looking to do a few AFL/NRL weekends not involving the Bombers every time

But as long as work provides the free tickets to each game I'm in

I live in Sydney and am an MCC member.

I'd love in live in Melb. would be sick to just walk into a game on a Friday night after work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends on personal circumstance. I think the MCC is the best ticket in town. I'd say it isn't worth being an Essendon member. But I get regional discount on MCC, like to sit on the second level wing, and don't take many guests. If you just go general, watch games from a bar, have no interest in going to other games etc just EFC membership might suit.

Im a a full MCC member but i get the $60 insider membership.

Thats gets me the member pack with scarf etc so i think it's worth it.

was wondering this today as i’m both (though i’ve been a MCC member for less time shockingly enough) & the only time we’ve had to resort to going through the MCC for tickets was the carlton essendon game this season

I have MCC and Silver Member Reserved Seat (Level 1) at Marvel Home games only (GA for away).

Worth it for me for sure but depends what price you put on attending/enjoying the footy.

I have MCC and Silver Member Reserved Seat (Level 1) at Marvel Home games only (GA for away).

Worth it for me for sure but depends what price you put on attending/enjoying the footy.
generally i try to attend most essendon matches in melbourne (unless it's like a friday night i cbf dealing with that s**t lol) but usually we get dece tickets via membership, instead of going through MCC

Been on the flexi H&A last couple years, a few mates and I were considering upgrading to a reserved seat. But the flexi H&A membership cost itself went up like 25% so we decided not to jump up a membership level too.

Dropped from Flexi H&A to 8 game membership this year, partly due to cost and also just not getting to as many games as before. When on-field performance is subpar it's hard to get up the enthusiasm to attend in person, especially in the back half of the season.

Dropped from Flexi H&A to 8 game membership this year, partly due to cost and also just not getting to as many games as before. When on-field performance is subpar it's hard to get up the enthusiasm to attend in person, especially in the back half of the season.
yeah i don't blame you, i caught the last round game with my (pies) supporting step dad and i was more interested in the garbage mobile game the kid sitting in front of me was playing than the pathetic performance we put on out there

Has anyone had any success syncing the fixture to their own calendar app? Looks like the button on the Essendon website doesn't work (although I note that the Collingwood website has exactly the same button and it does work, so it's not a centralised problem – it's either just me or just the Essendon website).

And has anyone with a reserved seat or who already bought tickets for games in 2024 tried to add their tickets to the mobile membership thing in the app yet? Did it work? I was hoping that if I added tickets to all the games I want to attend this year that I could link them to the calendar that way but so far it's not looking promising.

nah im waiting for now.

i changed credit cards and the Essendon admin team have been calling me ever since to re-sign up as my old card is obviously declined when it was supposed to auto renew for 2024.

Im MCC so it won't stop me getting to games, but they are chasing my $60 digital membership hard.

When the actual players show that type of determination on the field, that's when they'll get my money.

Back