Opinion Are You Genuinely Excited For The New Season?

Are you excited for the new season?

• Yes I am actually!

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • No and I'd like to get off this ride please

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • INSERT GIF OF THAT NEUTRAL PRESIDENT FROM FUTURAMA

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Whilst I'm glad football is almost upon us but I can't say I'm super excited for the 2024 season.

Seeing the Pies win another flag coupled with the ever improving form of Carlton I am genuinely bummed and definitely think that Hadron Collider sent us into the darkest alternate universe......

Whilst I'm glad football is almost upon us but I can't say I'm super excited for the 2024 season.

Seeing the Pies win another flag coupled with the ever improving form of Carlton I am genuinely bummed and definitely think that Hadron Collider sent us into the darkest alternate universe......

I wasn't last week, it felt weird having a half round where my team wasn't playing. I am moreso this week. Not in the '* yes premiership here we come' but in the 'great football is back let's see how we go' fashion.

yaaay-saturday-night-live.gif

I'm only really excited about seeing our young players develop

Cox, Perkins, Reid, Hobbs, Caldwell, Tstas, Caddy ETC

The problem best case scenario we could realistically finish 7th-8th, but if we do, we will probably get bundled out first week as usual.

So then I think - Maybe it would be better to finish bottom 6 and get 1 more top tier pick and then really challenge in about 2-3 years.

We are kinda stuck atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I excited ? Would not say excited but happy the season is here and I will be going most weeks. I just like live sport so even if we suck it is still the experience of being there amongst the punters .

Interested/curious.
Curious to see if we do a rinse and repeat of last year, maybe slightly better.
E.g. in the first dozen or so rounds, get some unexpected wins, get the fans hoping we might actually win a final. Then drop away like a sack of s**t in the last 8 rounds again.
Is it bad that I hope we don't drop away quite as badly as last year, and I'm happy with that?
We may have slightly more depth and mature bodies this year, plus the kids are 1 year further into the system. So hopefully we don't drop away as much towards the end.

Back