Opinion Are You Genuinely Excited For The New Season?

Are you excited for the new season?

• Yes I am actually!

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • No and I'd like to get off this ride please

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • INSERT GIF OF THAT NEUTRAL PRESIDENT FROM FUTURAMA

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your point?

The question was

ARE YOU GENUINELY EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON?​

My answer was: "I was until Brad said to hold my horses for another 8 years.

By that I meant it was a dampener on the season start that Essendon fans were being asked to be patient for success yet again.

Robbo took issue with the Scott comment on 360. His view was why tell long suffering Essendon fans they still had to be patient? Why not be optimistic like Ange Postecoglou? Why not embrace chance and hope and create an atmosphere of possibility instead of probability?
My point was Brad didn’t say anything along the lines of hold your horses for 8 years. He is constantly talking about being patient as he can obviously see how much we have screwed ourselves over in the past by getting ahead of ourselves and needs to keep hammering the message.

Excited for footy, annoyed things seem to stay the same.

Heppell and Kelly playing while Caddy sits in the twos. Draper listed as emergency (he’s either fit or he’s not). Until someone comes in and changes things, the results will stay the same.

We do seem to wrap our first rounders in extra bubble wrap compared to other teams.

Also on Draper as emg, you gotta feel for Bryan, healthy yet a supposedly injured ruck has more of a chance at playing than you. If I was Bryan I'd be pretty miffed.

Always excited to see footy back. As far as we are concerned I feel a bit more subdued this year. I’m not expecting us to finish top 8 but I will be happy if we can stop these massive blowouts that we seem to incur every year. I have just accepted where we are at, anything above that will be a bonus in my eyes.

i'm excited for football in general as it gives me something to watch on the television instead of rotting in my bedroom after work.

BUT: i'm a bit neutral about essendon as it stands. i'll go to games when i can, and watch 'em when it's on the television, but it's out of a love of the game, not a love of the club. i just want ridley back in the side then i'll be excited.

if we don't win it all this year, i want it to be GWS.

Always excited to see footy back. As far as we are concerned I feel a bit more subdued this year. I’m not expecting us to finish top 8 but I will be happy if we can stop these massive blowouts that we seem to incur every year. I have just accepted where we are at, anything above that will be a bonus in my eyes.
what shits me off the most is that the last quarter fade outs that have been our bread and butter for the past decade or so are still happening. we've been through what, 4 coaches? and we still can't play last quarters well.

Sam is one week away and they explained the fact that Caddy will play this year but has had limited training in the last 4 weeks and only a half weeks n the VFL.
More fake news from you making up scenarios to suit your uninformed opinions.
Why the * would you risk Caddy for round 1.

If Sam is a week away, why is he an emergency? You risk Caddy for the same reason you risk Jake Kelly.

what shits me off the most is that the last quarter fade outs that have been our bread and butter for the past decade or so are still happening. we've been through what, 4 coaches? and we still can't play last quarters well.
Yep this is why we have struggled to put teams away when we do win.

Nah not excited. Collingwood are reigning premiers, Carlton are premiership contenders, Essendon are s**t, the list is in a weird place.

No reason to be excited. I'm more interested in seeing GWS take all of the contenders out to win it.

I'm not that excited at the moment. If we beat Hawthorn tomorrow then I'm going full Sponge Bob

season 2 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I haven't been less excited for a long time. I only found out Opening Round was a thing 3 weeks ago, Carlton and Richmond just played their second game and we haven't played once. Hard to get excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sam is a week away, why is he an emergency? You risk Caddy for the same reason you risk Jake Kelly.
Sam named emergency would be more about playing forward ruck if he was to come in . Jones has been given the other KPF spot this week .

The Caddy argument is just not in the ballpark. You do not risk him because of long term development. Why would you play a young bloke who is just in the system off the back of half a VFL game .
Kelly has been around for a long while and has a natural fitness base because of it .
Apples and oranges.

My point was Brad didn’t say anything along the lines of hold your horses for 8 years. He is constantly talking about being patient as he can obviously see how much we have screwed ourselves over in the past by getting ahead of ourselves and needs to keep hammering the message.
Exactly what I said. He said, don't get excited, be patient. so, to paraphrase my response to the QUESTION, I was excited and then I wasn't because Brad said to be patient.

Humour is never funny when it needs to be explained.

not for wins, suspect we're bottom 5 again.
but ive opted for a bit of kid watch this year

Caddy really excites me. so will be pumped when he gets out there.
i've also decided to take a positive outlook on the 2020 draft, so Perkins, Cox and Reid's development will be good to watch.

im still a pessimistic on our rucks and jones.
im not sure we're there and i still want JUH and English.

Exactly what I said. He said, don't get excited, be patient. so, to paraphrase my response to the QUESTION, I was excited and then I wasn't because Brad said to be patient.

Humour is never funny when it needs to be explained.
Fair enough, thought you were saying he had said we had an 8 year plan

out of contract Jake Stringer could be enough excitement for everyone

not for wins, suspect we're bottom 5 again.
but ive opted for a bit of kid watch this year

Caddy really excites me. so will be pumped when he gets out there.
i've also decided to take a positive outlook on the 2020 draft, so Perkins, Cox and Reid's development will be good to watch.

im still a pessimistic on our rucks and jones.
im not sure we're there and i still want JUH and English.
I'm so stoked that Draper is in the 2s, not getting rushed back like a superstar..

That's selection pressure, and it's good for anyone missing out.

Yes, there's good stuff about exposing young talent, but I think it's easy to forget the benefits of having to earn your spot.

I'm so stoked that Draper is in the 2s, not getting rushed back like a superstar..

That's selection pressure, and it's good for anyone missing out.

Yes, there's good stuff about exposing young talent, but I think it's easy to forget the benefits of having to earn your spot.
iill be honest, im yet to be convinced on Draper and would happily trade him and throw coin at English.
But then i rate English as one of the best players (not just rucks) in the comp.
And was happy Goldy joined to give us some quality in that dept. hopefully some of it rubs off.....we should still siign English though :D

Back