Opinion Are You Genuinely Excited For The New Season?

Are you excited for the new season?

• Yes I am actually!

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • No and I'd like to get off this ride please

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • INSERT GIF OF THAT NEUTRAL PRESIDENT FROM FUTURAMA

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing that I am liking is the fact NOBODY in the media and the vast majority of supporters have us improving at all, in fact most have us sliding.

Just with Gresham, Duursma, McKay & Goldie we are a better team.

It will be fascinating to see how our mid tier players perform. We finally have pressure for spots. Maybe last chances for Cox, Jones & Perkins to show something. The game can pass you by very quickly.

Excited to see how Caddy, Tsata, Hobbs, Caldwell progress as well as the almost forgotten Davey twins.

I see us just outside the 8. Have no idea how we ended up with such a hard opening 7 or so games from where we finished.

Most of me wants to smash Hawkethorne tomorrow, but the smallest (tiniest) part of me wants to see Massimo carve us up and flip our coaching staff the bird.
Why? He left to a bottom side for more opportunity. He wasn't willing to break into our side so meh.
He wouldn't have been guaranteed to play this year either so he made the right choice to leave and it's not a big loss for us.

Not sure we can get excited when the coach is telling us not to.
Dont lke the fact the Heppel and Kelly are playing.
I thought that some time last year (B&F i think) Brad said that no one would get games based on past reputations.
Seems like this is not the case.
Still wanna beat Hawthorne, sydney, carltank, and footscray though.

Why? He left to a bottom side for more opportunity. He wasn't willing to break into our side so meh.
He wouldn't have been guaranteed to play this year either so he made the right choice to leave and it's not a big loss for us.
I liked him, but you're right, he wouldn't get a game in front of Hep and Kelly, so he made a good call.

I liked him, but you're right, he wouldn't get a game in front of Hep and Kelly, so he made a good call.
At least we know what wing to attack down :p
Seriously though I wonder how we go about it. Mass will round up 30 possessions off half back if we just allow him to run free but you know he will be flat out defending anything. They should be playing him reasonably tight and exploiting his poor defense .
I can see him getting a lot of possessions and everyone having a melt down for sure .

At least we know what wing to attack down :p
Seriously though I wonder how we go about it. Mass will round up 30 possessions off half back if we just allow him to run free but you know he will be flat out defending anything. They should be playing him reasonably tight and exploiting his poor defense .
I can see him getting a lot of possessions and everyone having a melt down for sure .
It's a interesting one, I doubt we have any sort of plan at the 1st bounce, you'd hope if the hawkes were trying to feed him we'd put a stop to it once it started to hurt us.

They try play high octane through the middle football at least they did last year, if we let them hit those corridor kicks we'll concede.

The guy I'd like to watch and possibly clamp early is Amon, they probably tag Merrett with Finn M, can Kelly do a defensive job on Amon?

I just read the article that’s based on again and there’s literally nothing else about eight years except for that quote and nothing about a plan.
The headline on the print article on the screen behind them in the video doesn’t even say plan, it says vision, and then Clark keeps saying it’s not a flag in 8 years, it is an entire premiership window that should open and close on that time.

The other knob (Ralphy) keeps insisting that we should be ropeable despite consistent interjections from Clark (who wrote the article) that it wasn’t said or even implied that we wouldn’t be successful for eight years.

Of course authors don’t write headlines, so we can blame the subeditor just as much as Ralph for the feeding frenzy.

And honestly even if it was a plan, I think I’d rather an 8 year plan that involves a genuine build to a flag with tangible evidence towards that, than the regular 5 year plans that Xav Campbell was pumping out about having 100k members and whatever only to throw it in the bin after 18 months because reasons.

The headline on the print article on the screen behind them in the video doesn’t even say plan, it says vision, and then Clark keeps saying it’s not a flag in 8 years, it is an entire premiership window that should open and close on that time.

The other knob (Ralphy) keeps insisting that we should be ropeable despite consistent interjections from Clark (who wrote the article) that it wasn’t said or even implied that we wouldn’t be successful for eight years.

Of course authors don’t write headlines, so we can blame the subeditor just as much as Ralph for the feeding frenzy.

And honestly even if it was a plan, I think I’d rather an 8 year plan that involves a genuine build to a flag with tangible evidence towards that, than the regular 5 year plans that Xav Campbell was pumping out about having 100k members and whatever only to throw it in the bin after 18 months because reasons.
The whole thing is a real head scratcher but I guess it’s all just about generating clicks. I thought to myself watching that video that these guys are genuine idiots. Then I thought they would probably have been told to push that angle. Then I thought it’s probably both.

Gee you went a bit easy there .

Hoping we bring back the long-sleeves this season.
Just remembering back to the the string quartet:

solomon, caracella, blumfield, heffernan! (ramanauskas too!). --> the five horseman, lol.

they need something, nothing else is working, lol.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping we bring back the long-sleeves this season.
Just remembering back to the the string quartet:

solomon, caracella, blumfield, heffernan! (ramanauskas too!). --> the five horseman, lol.

they need something, nothing else is working, lol.
I think you're definitely into something. Clarkson created a dynasty by banning the long sleeves. The way tactics ebb and flow, we can probably pinch an advantage by going against the status quo. I know just the coach who could lead us and ban short sleeves too

I'm not that excited at the moment. If we beat Hawthorn tomorrow then I'm going full Sponge Bob

season 2 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I guess I'm going full Sponge Bob. Since we beat Hawthorne I'm going the smug version

Bob Esponja GIF

I for one am glad we got our expectations subverted. I’m so tired of false dawns. I disagree with Lloyd and Bartel of it being negative. What’s worse is being a try hard thinking you are better than anyone else. Lloyd was lucky as good as he was to walk into a team of champions. Tell me like it is and don’t bullshit me and I will buckle in for the 8 year journey.

Back