NFL 2022 - Pre-Draft Discussion and Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

A panel of 17 NFL scouts voted Pitt QB Kenny Pickett as this year’s top quarterback.​

Pickett edged out Liberty’s Malik Willis, with Ole Miss QB Matt Corral finishing third in voting. This doesn’t come as a surprise, as Pickett is the most NFL ready of this year’s quarterbacks. The question with Pickett, who scored a 17 on the Wonderlic and will have the smallest hands of any quarterback in the league next year, is whether he’s more a high-floor game manager than top-half of the league starter. Pickett is expected by many to be the first quarterback drafted, potentially in the top-10 picks.

Speaking Friday, Jaguars GM Trent Baalke said the team is considering four players with the No. 1 overall pick in next week's draft.​

Baalke wouldn't reveal the identity of any of the four players, but best guesses are edge rushers Aidan Hutchinson and Travon Walker along with a couple of the top offensive tackles. Baalke also added no teams have approached the Jaguars about trading up to No. 1 overall. The betting favorite for No. 1 overall remains Hutchinson.

An NFL offensive coordinator told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer Ole Miss QB Matt Corral has “off-field questions.”​

“He’s kind of a mess. I’m not sure you want him leading your program. His issues aren’t the kind solved by giving millions of dollars." Corral had the lowest Wonderlic (15) of the top 12 quarterbacks. The character concerns date back to high school and Corral’s first two years at Ole Miss, where off-field issues kept him sidelined as a two-year starter. There are doubts Corral can run an NFL offense coming from Lane Kiffin’s zone-read scheme, giving a wide range of outcomes in a weak class with no consensus. Corral had top-30 visits with the Eagles, Falcons, Panthers, and Steelers.

Many, and many with high wonderlic who busted

I remember Fitz having the highest wonderlic im pretty sure. Turned out well for a 7th round pick.

Best career back up of all time if youre going to call him a backup.
Yes. But not good enough despite wonderlic to be a franchise QB. And there have been a number of others with high wonderlics who outright sucked. And lots of low wonderlics who became franchise QBs and HoFers. Marino for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From espn

No one in tier one.

Tier 2

1. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan (94)
2. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (93)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (93)
4. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (93)
5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (93)
6. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (92)
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon (92)
8. Travon Walker, DE, Georgia (92)
9. Drake London, WR, USC (92)

Tier 3

10. Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State (91)
11. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (91)
12. Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia (91)
13. Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah (91)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (90)
15. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (90)
16. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (90)
17. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (90)
18. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (90)
19. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (90)
20. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (90)
21. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (90)
22. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh (90)
23. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (90)

Gonna put my illustrious reputation on the line here and say Ridder and Strong should be the first QBs taken (but won't be). Probably the only two QBs that had throws that made me say 'wow'.

Not a fan of Corral, behind Willis and Pickett IMO. I don't feel they've got the zing on the ball as the guys above.

Didn't really look at Zappe all that much, but I did recently and he's a gunslinger. I like him.

My project QB would be Skylar Thompson. I dunno, there's something about him, and I think he's got some nice skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back