Preview 2022 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday May 20 7:50PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Already got one.

Every time my wife sees me, she wants to kick me 50m...
i-dont-believe-you-not-believing.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to finish better; but he is top 50 in goal assists and tackles across the competition. I would be surprised if he is not playing.
I did write rested, not dropped. He was down on output and seemed to be struggling a little to cover ground.
For those who still aren’t convinced by Fish (from afl.com.au article):

Fisher's role is slightly different. Seen as the high half-forward that links the play from midfield, his impact is determined in other ways. But, for his role, he is undoubtedly one of the best in the competition.

This season, the diminutive West Australian is rated elite in his position for disposals (18.4 per game), uncontested possessions (13.9 per game), kick rating (+12.3 per cent) and shot at goal accuracy (69.2 per cent).

As one of the side's main distributors inside 50, his kick rating and accuracy are particularly important. According to Champion Data, Fisher also rates above average for AFL Player Ratings (10.2) and score involvements (5.4 per game).

🐠 🐠 🐠
Fisher's role is that of a slightly advanced winger that's getting the football directed through him. Once you look at it through that lens, most of his stats are pretty par for the course. Above average certainly, but 'elite' is a stretch.

That being said, he's having a better impact with his forward pressure and his disposal in recent weeks, even though his numbers are lower.
The type of footy his 2021 preseason was showing, there were big wraps on him taking the next step, then got injured and never recaptured it.

His last 3 weeks have been really good - the bits i like most are his disposal, he is being a lot more damaging than the dinky around the body kicks to no-one and he is actually kicking goals. Too often in the past he would miss relatively easy shots or not even take the shot when in an easy spot to kick a goal. Love it when players back themselves in (not ridiculous shots from the boundary but shots they should be getting)
This is my take as well: he's flexing between midfield and small forward play much better. He's also playing with more confidence when in that small forward role.

Finally got away with the fams after the last two years for a weekend away.
Up in Currumbin, 100 metres from a great Italian joint called Tommy’s, great pizza oven, great food, brilliant young staff.
Please give me three celebrations, we win, Labor win, celebrate my 30 year old cousins birthday tomorrow, perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back