List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Kent's VFL stat page. Why was he picked?

Peris was more deserving of a game.

The last time i can remember giving such a cooked player a send off was Kosi.
Difference being that Kosi was a StKilda icon for over a decade.
Kent never made it past the fringe.

Did those imbeciles think that the fans, disgruntled at not making finals, would go all warm and fuzzy if we gave a couple of fringe players a last game?
it really was insane

a farewell game to Kent

Clark has creativity in his kicking, just has an issue with pace and chase. He's as slow as treacle and doesn't like running in defence. He almost needs to play high half forward or get fit enough to play as an inside extractor. That probably requires some bulking. He's getting a lot of contact injuries because he goes in hard but doesn't have that bullocking frame yet.

If he could fill out a bit he could definitely play on ball or at least around the ball. His big challenge is to get fit enough IMO. I'd tell him he's behind others and playing VFL if he doesn't get fit in the off season. Have him come back ready to tear strips off.

100% this. Clarks big issue is his two way running. he will never be a full time mid or even an effective defender if he cant two way run.

TBH he's getting massive Billings vibes. someone who will never reach their touted potential.

100% this. Clarks big issue is his two way running. he will never be a full time mid or even an effective defender if he cant two way run.

TBH he's getting massive Billings vibes. someone who will never reach their touted potential.
his composed disposal is already more damaging than billings ever was - bar a handful of games

If he can't play full time mid or be a good defender then what's the point of keeping him around. He needs a massive preseason, going into his 6th year now, if he's not playing full time mid/ hasn't made progress then I think we should cut our losses.

He might be but Constable was always slow and not that clean. Bytel has really good traits. To me he's a Jack Steele clone. Nice size, stays on his feet and uses it way better than most inside mids.

Bytel’a game against Geelong last year impressed me, but I wouldn’t be calling him a Steele clone, reckon Windy is much closer to that. Then again, Bytel hasn’t been given a run at AFL level like Windy has…

I’d much rather us put games into Bytel than say Jones, even though they’re not like for like. Jones was almost running around in that last game vs the Swans like he was Hanners and it was his final AFL game against his old mob. Was getting into s**t campaignerery with Heeney and a few others, not focused on the actual game.

Give me Bytel who has shown he can work hard and focus on a task (did pretty well on Selwood vs Geelong last year) over a FIGJAM type like Jones.

his composed disposal is already more damaging than billings ever was - bar a handful of games

Billings is a high half forward who was Richoed. I think we broke his spirit and confidence. We again took a player who was good at something and hated him for not being something he wasn't.

We’ve got to reunite the young backline trio of Paton, Clark and Coffield. Been a while since those three played together but it was magic when they did.

New trio on the block is Windy, Owens and Naz.

I want to see all 6 bringing the heat and taking this team forward next year.

In fact that goes for all of our younger (aged 24 and under) players who are best 22 quality and quickly developing:

Battle, Paton, Coffield, Clark, Long
NWM, Windhager, Owens, 2022 FRDP
Higgins, King, Gresham, Sharman

And lastly, on the matters of trio’s there’s one that has currently gone missing and that’s the trio of Bytel, Byrnes and Connolly. Lot of upside there, fascinated to see what happens with the three of them.

Anyway, that’s my take of trios.

As for list management:

Keep Bytel (if we can).
Get DeGoey (or don’t IDC either way).
Take at least one FRDP to the draft.
Target a Bruhn type.

So if we lose Hill Clark Naz Bytel, that potentially leaves us with four first rounders and two second rounders.
Do we take them all to the draft or try for an upgrade or use them for trading?
Personally I’d take them all to the draft for a mini rebuild.

Bytel’a game against Geelong last year impressed me, but I wouldn’t be calling him a Steele clone, reckon Windy is much closer to that. Then again, Bytel hasn’t been given a run at AFL level like Windy has…

I’d much rather us put games into Bytel than say Jones, even though they’re not like for like. Jones was almost running around in that last game vs the Swans like he was Hanners and it was his final AFL game against his old mob. Was getting into s**t campaignerery with Heeney and a few others, not focused on the actual game.

Give me Bytel who has shown he can work hard and focus on a task (did pretty well on Selwood vs Geelong last year) over a FIGJAM type like Jones.

Windhager doesn't use the ball as well but has more impact and oomph than Steele. I don't think Windhager looks much like Steele other than size and the tagging role. He looks more like a Danger or Bont type of high impact type who hits the ball with pace and backs himself to motor out of traffic.

Jack Steele is quite a straight down the line player but he's two way, consistent and clean which makes him a huge asset. He would be one of the least X factor players of his type though. Windy looks XXX.

Billings is a high half forward who was Richoed. I think we broke his spirit and confidence. We again took a player who was good at something and hated him for not being something he wasn't.
yeah, missed about a thousand goals too. Should have just played him there and told him to pass first always, only kick for goal if you're in the square

So if we lose Hill Clark Naz Bytel, that potentially leaves us with four first rounders and two second rounders.
Do we take them all to the draft or try for an upgrade or use them for trading?
Personally I’d take them all to the draft for a mini rebuild.
Going to the draft is the way to go. Do what the Dees did and headhunt a couple of players early in the draft to fix the holes in the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait for him to rock up to pre season and have Lenny give him one of those looks after the first running sessions

Marshall, Steele, De Goey & Crouch

Can we at least have one moment to imagine how exciting this centre bounce combo would be….

…. Then we come crashing back down to earth and realise unless it’s a purely cash-play, De Goey won’t be adding any red to his black and white.

He was a good poster

I miss old mate Pardon me he was a good poster
Thanks Mow, I appreciate that mate.

I'm still around lurking. Truth is I'm done with football as a spectator and club supporter.

The posters on this site are amazing and the community here is fantastic, the issue I have is the football is no longer entertaining and following the Saints weekly was bad for my mental health.
Whenever there has been a win or loss and my emotions are going beserk there's always a Verdun, Mowman, Gringo, Yawkey, Joff, Diehard, George....(you get the idea) to make sharp, analytical commentary on why it was never quite as bad as I thought, or as good - you guys and many others make this a fantastic place to be a part of.

My thanks to every single poster on this board.

On the rare occasions we were scheduled to play on a Friday night, after the inevitable loss I found myself just unbearable to be around for my family - I was too invested in the outcome of the club. For a team that averages 10-12th place on the ladder for the last 10 years that's untenable to maintain that emotional investment.
Once I stepped back, took the emotion out of it and looked at the historical facts of the Club the decision to stop watching us play every week was easy.
Some will argue that footy is a passionate sport full of emotion and yes I completely agree - but for me I couldn't control that negative emotion and with our win/loss record that was happening far too often.

I'm still a paid up member and when the kids ask to watch the games I still sit with them and celebrate goals but now it's with a book or electronic device with the odd glance up to look at how some of our kids are going.
I still love the Saints and the heroes we've produced but as a fan that passion I had pre Covid is lacking.

Keep fighting the good fight guys and gals, I'll drop in every now and then and get a good chuckle or nod along sagely at some advice or opinion one of you all post.

Just for good measure: Our development is atrocious.

Thanks for the rant and apologies in advance for posting in the wrong thread George :kissingheart:

Pardon Me.

yeah, missed about a thousand goals too. Should have just played him there and told him to pass first always, only kick for goal if you're in the square

Remember when he rampaged through the Bulldogs in a solo effort. I think we just didn't have a set up that respected flair and skill over self flagellation under Richo. Guys like him and Acres who might have been something at another club were punished for being themselves.

Windhager doesn't use the ball as well but has more impact and oomph than Steele. I don't think Windhager looks much like Steele other than size and the tagging role. He looks more like a Danger or Bont type of high impact type who hits the ball with pace and backs himself to motor out of traffic.

Jack Steele is quite a straight down the line player but he's two way, consistent and clean which makes him a huge asset. He would be one of the least X factor players of his type though. Windy looks XXX.

I reckon for a first year player still adjusting to the time and pressure of AFL you’ve got to give a little leniency on ball use. Especially for inside midfield types. I agree he’s got a bit more toe and agility than Steele. But Steele is also a ******* unit. I was rewatching the Sydney game and some of the clean handballs Steele managed to get out with 2 - 3 players on him or around him was ridiculous. Cripps, Oliver and Dangerfield would be the only guys better in tight in the comp I reckon.

I hope Windy doesn’t lose that speed and agility as he develops but he’s also going to have to bulk up a bit in reality. If Windy becomes more hard running, goalkicking tall kid I’ve got no complaints, will complement Steele well who’s more inside mid and high half forward, mark and goal mid then those line breaking types.

I reckon for a first year player still adjusting to the time and pressure of AFL you’ve got to give a little leniency on ball use. Especially for inside midfield types. I agree he’s got a bit more toe and agility than Steele. But Steele is also a ******* unit. I was rewatching the Sydney game and some of the clean handballs Steele managed to get out with 2 - 3 players on him or around him was ridiculous. Cripps, Oliver and Dangerfield would be the only guys better in tight in the comp I reckon.

I hope Windy doesn’t lose that speed and agility as he develops but he’s also going to have to bulk up a bit in reality. If Windy becomes more hard running, goalkicking tall kid I’ve got no complaints, will complement Steele well who’s more inside mid and high half forward, mark and goal mid then those line breaking types.
Windy is the De Goey type mid we've been crying out for for years. I just hope we don't fall into the trap of playing him as a tagger, we need to let him flourish in that midfield role as not to stunt his growth. Got fantastic support around him in Steele and Crouch too.

Windy is the De Goey type mid we've been crying out for for years. I just hope we don't fall into the trap of playing him as a tagger, we need to let him flourish in that midfield role as not to stunt his growth. Got fantastic support around him in Steele and Crouch too.
He won't be a tagged all his career. It's basically showing him what it takes to be an elite mid first hand

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Windy is the De Goey type mid we've been crying out for for years. I just hope we don't fall into the trap of playing him as a tagger, we need to let him flourish in that midfield role as not to stunt his growth.

I'd argue that he flourished when given the tagging jobs later in the season. His games up until the last month were patchy - he showed plenty of good signs but would go missing for big periods, just not getting to enough contests.

If he's getting led to the right places by the very best mids in the game, it wont be long before he's getting there himself and the tagging gig will just be a distant memory. But not quite yet.

Thanks Mow, I appreciate that mate.

I'm still around lurking. Truth is I'm done with football as a spectator and club supporter.

The posters on this site are amazing and the community here is fantastic, the issue I have is the football is no longer entertaining and following the Saints weekly was bad for my mental health.
Whenever there has been a win or loss and my emotions are going beserk there's always a Verdun, Mowman, Gringo, Yawkey, Joff, Diehard, George....(you get the idea) to make sharp, analytical commentary on why it was never quite as bad as I thought, or as good - you guys and many others make this a fantastic place to be a part of.

My thanks to every single poster on this board.

On the rare occasions we were scheduled to play on a Friday night, after the inevitable loss I found myself just unbearable to be around for my family - I was too invested in the outcome of the club. For a team that averages 10-12th place on the ladder for the last 10 years that's untenable to maintain that emotional investment.
Once I stepped back, took the emotion out of it and looked at the historical facts of the Club the decision to stop watching us play every week was easy.
Some will argue that footy is a passionate sport full of emotion and yes I completely agree - but for me I couldn't control that negative emotion and with our win/loss record that was happening far too often.

I'm still a paid up member and when the kids ask to watch the games I still sit with them and celebrate goals but now it's with a book or electronic device with the odd glance up to look at how some of our kids are going.
I still love the Saints and the heroes we've produced but as a fan that passion I had pre Covid is lacking.

Keep fighting the good fight guys and gals, I'll drop in every now and then and get a good chuckle or nod along sagely at some advice or opinion one of you all post.

Just for good measure: Our development is atrocious.

Thanks for the rant and apologies in advance for posting in the wrong thread George :kissingheart:

Pardon Me.
Missed this. I really enjoyed your contributions to the board, mate. All the best with everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back