AFL RDT 2023 Gameday discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2394. Happy to end the season on a high. My overall rank is poor but mainly because my bye planning was non-existant and i did trade in a few rookies that turned into duds which meant i really didnt have much depth. I did finish 2 rounds in the top 20 though and finished the season quite strongly despite being out of trades for the last 3-4 rounds. Best trade in was probably Houston who i got fairly cheap and he dominated most weeks when i had him in my team!

2595. Hoping that might propel me to 8th overall or so. Doch injury a complete blessing, as no other injury would have let me take Mills’s 155. Def/mid plus last game of the round + Green the preferred replacement meant I held the trade until then. Any other player it gets burnt; no way to take Mills’s score. Glad he was finally useful for something!

Didn’t end up using the last trade, in hindsight the smart play would have been Anderson to Green last round as a luxury. If I went Daicos to Newman instead of Short I think I’d have been a sniff at the top 3-5.

rd24: 2208pts (top 35%) :(
overall: 1,421st (top 16%)... down 126 spots

Duncan(DNP) + Docherty(DNP) + AtkinsR(sub) + Wagner + onfield donut + Steele + leaving Mills on my bench = :cryv1: :cryv1: :cryv1:

lost my Grand Final by 283pts :thumbsdown:

it would've been handy to have a couple more trades left towards the end of the year, but i ran out after selling Daicos
i wasted too many trades on dead end players such as Setterfielad, Bowes, Yeo(twice), SmithB, Walsh... which meant my final squad wasn't potent enough
players i couldn't stand getting the footy the most = Coniglio (by a mile), Sinclair, Stewart
players i had from the start who delivered the goods = Rozee, Sheezel, Taranto, Dunkley, Marshall, English, Laird, Green, Brayshaw
initial starting squad was quite poor... i was ranked around 5,000th after the first round... thus, using up 6 trades in the first 3 weeks

anyways, i'm already looking forward to next year... i'll be playing FPL in the off season !!

I stayed 12th overall with 2440 odd. I’m happy with that.

Well done to Skippos finishing 5th - awesome effort! Thanks for a fun season folks, see you again late this year or early next year depending on keen-ness. Saludos amigos!!

I stayed 12th overall with 2440 odd. I’m happy with that.

Well done to Skippos finishing 5th - awesome effort! Thanks for a fun season folks, see you again late this year or early next year depending on keen-ness. Saludos amigos!!

Cheers mate. Well done to you as well. Kept coming hard.

And a general thanks to all of the regulars from this thread/community. Been a great help having a bunch of blokes happy to shoot the s**t about this niche fantasy game. In a lot of ways got me through and kept me sane/logical. Much appreciated, and see you all next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back