No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon our game v Hawks was called from the studio, with Lynch on the sideline to add verisimilitude.

I reckon they were watching a different sport

If you want to save expenses have less callers

just give us one caller and one special comments and a boundary rider

that's plenty

better than staying in the studio

You're still having to pay the same number of callers and just spread them more thinly over games so doesn't really solve the issue. Having a smaller group that can cover multiple games a weekend is still going to be more cost effective than either having the same group or slightly bigger traveling to grounds.

Another great article on Fremantle West Coast Eagles derby
Cody Atkinson and Sean Lawson
The issue becomes clearer when looking at how they kick it inside 50 from "the launch zone" — the area between 60 and 80m from goal. That's the zone that accounts for over half of all entries into the 50-metre arc. It's an area most teams prioritise when preparing for the year — ensuring that the forwards are setting up in the right spots and the upfield players know where to place the ball.
Table for all clubs:
Marks, gathers and tackles per inside 50, 2022 to current.
Score conceded per chain against, from defensive half, 2022

Graph
Points per defensive half turnover chain, for and against, 2023.

Absolutely loving the discourse on Twitter re Bontempelli getting quite a visible tattoo, and fans being so blindsided by it :tearsofjoy:

ha, how visible? his neck? did he get a big neck tatt!? hahaha
my older boy has been threatening for years to get a neck tatt, just to horrify his mum
i was standing in a queue at a woolworths recently and noticed a bloke of about 65, short, squat feller with a straggly white goatee, blue singlet and shorts, "explaining" something to his wife/partner, as he turned away from me i saw a word in huge letters (couldn't work out what the word was) tattooed across the back of his bald head ...

ha, how visible? his neck? did he get a big neck tatt!? hahaha
my older boy has been threatening for years to get a neck tatt, just to horrify his mum
i was standing in a queue at a woolworths recently and noticed a bloke of about 65, short, squat feller with a straggly white goatee, blue singlet and shorts, "explaining" something to his wife/partner, as he turned away from me i saw a word in huge letters (couldn't work out what the word was) tattooed across the back of his bald head ...
Looked like a pretty standard chest tattoo, like a wing design or something that poked out the sleeves of his guernsey. Nothing major, but I think the shock came because people didn't expect Bontempelli to be a tattoo type. Made me wonder which Swans player would shock me if they rocked up for a game with a pretty big, visible tattoo. Maybe Heeney?

I hope for your son's mum's sake that he refrains from getting the neck tattoo!

Looked like a pretty standard chest tattoo, like a wing design or something that poked out the sleeves of his guernsey. Nothing major, but I think the shock came because people didn't expect Bontempelli to be a tattoo type. Made me wonder which Swans player would shock me if they rocked up for a game with a pretty big, visible tattoo. Maybe Heeney?

Or anybody's

and for my sake! he's an idiot
i have almost no doubt he'll never go through with the threat, he just likes to keep his mum on her toes

Or a girl with a big one on her leg above the knee
I'm pretty thankful that my missus is a total wuss. She wanted to get a pretty big one on the back of her arm when she was in her late teens. Got her in the chair, the tattoo artist had drawn the outline and everything, barely got 3cm of it done before she was screaming in pain and backing out. She now just has this tiny 3cm line on the back of her arm that looks like someone accidentally drew on her with a sharpie. She claims she's going to use it as a warning to our kids if they ever talk about getting tattoos, so it worked out beautifully for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty thankful that my missus is a total wuss. She wanted to get a pretty big one on the back of her arm when she was in her late teens. Got her in the chair, the tattoo artist had drawn the outline and everything, barely got 3cm of it done before she was screaming in pain and backing out. She now just has this tiny 3cm line on the back of her arm that looks like someone accidentally drew on her with a sharpie. She claims she's going to use it as a warning to our kids if they ever talk about getting tattoos, so it worked out beautifully for me.

i'm on her side ... extreme wariness (i won't call it fear) of needles, and all things sharp and painy, put me off tattoos when i was younger
now i'm glad i remained ink-free

More bad news for the Hawks

Hawthorn forward Jai Serong has been diagnosed with pericarditis and will be sidelined for at least the next two months.

Pericarditis, referring to inflammation of the pericardium, a fibrous sac that keeps the heart in a stable location, can cause chest pain, palpitations, and shortness of breath similar to that of a heart attack, with a bacterial infection being the most common cause.

Yes, that was bloody brilliant...until they realised we were ALL hitting the mute button.:tongueoutv1:
It's not mute though. It's just hearing the sounds of the crowd etc.

But yes, the meetings with HR that Dwayne Russell would want to have if he found out that the audience was being given the option to mute him wouldn't be worth the effort for Fox.

The entire grading system is floored. It's all about the result and not the action at all.
If Smith gets concussed, that very same incident gets a 4-5 week ban - as it should.
The system needs an urgent overhaul with what a player does becoming the focus rather than the result of it.
This exactly. If intent is a grading element then why does it seem to be the least important one. Both the players are off their feet and had no control on the type of contact made. Neither had eyes for the ball either. Both should have got 5 weeks and their salary donated to head injury charities.
The AFL really does fail itself on head injuries and gambling....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back