MVP 2023 GWS MVP - Round 13 v Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

5- Toby Greene
4- Keiren Briggs
3- Stephen Coniglio
2- Callan Ward
1- Callum Brown

5 - Keiran Briggs: split the HOs with Goldy, but was 8-0 in clearances & 7-0 in tackles. He's been outstanding since coming in.
3 - Toby Greene: captain's knock again, crucial 3 goals
2 - Toby Bedford: tackling in F50 is critical to our game, plus 2 goals
2 - Stephen Coniglio: solid midfield game
2 - Lachie Whitfield: good intercept game
1 - Callan Ward: another solid game from the veteran

4 Briggs - would give 5 but needed to spread the love a bit more.
3 Greene - great captain's game.
1 Bedford - provides spark and energy that can motivate from the malaise we often go into.
1 Coniglio - did his job well in the engine room.
1 Keefe - unsung hero IMHO. Beautiful tap to TFG for a goal. Briggs wouldn't have had the game he had without Keefe taking some of the ruck roving responsibility.
1 Idun - was able to take some crucial marks in defense.
1 Ward - just keeps going and going and going......
1 O'Halloran - having is best year by a long way. Rough around the edges, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.
1 - Whitfield - seemed to pop up everywhere. Getting back into top form. Great to see.
1 - Brown - beautiful kick and judging by the number of goals, he knows where to position himself. Could well be preferred over Riccardi and end up in the starting 18 more often.

For me, 2 standout players but one of the better team efforts I've seen for a while.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 TFG
4 Briggs
3 Coniglio
2 Lloyd???
1 Idun

Normally I wouldn’t comment on someone’s votes… but Lloyd? He’s on my list to drop?!
Interesting snippet from SEN:

Daniel Lloyd (GWS)

“He was the highest-rated player on the ground on the weekend (against North Melbourne). He played a slightly different role for GWS, he had 21 disposals, but his ability to be able to win contests and actually get up the ground and play more midfield minutes was something we don't usually see from Daniel. He had 13 contested possessions, a career high there for him. He didn’t get a vote and probably went under the radar from the coaches.”

Daniel Lloyd (GWS)

“He was the highest-rated player on the ground on the weekend (against North Melbourne). He played a slightly different role for GWS, he had 21 disposals, but his ability to be able to win contests and actually get up the ground and play more midfield minutes was something we don't usually see from Daniel. He had 13 contested possessions, a career high there for him. He didn’t get a vote and probably went under the radar from the coaches.”
Yeah I thought he played very well and got a lot of strong possessions

Daniel Lloyd (GWS)

I didnt see this watching the game. Certainly got under my radar.

Funnily enough, to my eye, I thought Lloyd was down on performance. The stats dont back me up though.

As generally expected after a good win, votes were highly scattered. Perception of MVG generally came back to TFG & Briggs, with Briggsy winning - just - for the second game in a row. Cogs a clear third, and then scattered votes after that.

2023 GWS MVP Rd13.PNG

And the top few swapping places again, with Briggs exploding like a rocket into sixth place from just 4 games with votes!

2023 GWS MVP Rd13 Total.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back