3. Tom Green
2. Kieren Briggs
1. Jake Riccardi

5. Kelly
4. Toby Greene
3. Riccardi
2. Tom Green
1. Briggs

4 - Tom Green: When the game was on the line, Tom stood up. Something like 10 (mostly contested) possessions in the first quarter (contributing to our scoreboard lead)), was given a long breather in 2nd quarter when Freo got back into the game, then around 10 mostly contested possessions in the 3rd quarter when we re-established dominance - he did the heavy lifting at the critical times
4 - Josh Jelly: provided the silk to Green's grunt, with clearances, possessions and metres gained in attack
3 - Jake Riccardi: have to reward the fact that he kicked 5 goals, and could have had more with a little better kicking from his teammates
2 - Toby Greene: 3 goals in the first half set the scene for our dominance on goal, was in everything and led from the front
1 - Keiren Briggs: continues to impress with his work in the ruck and around the ground, thriving in the contest and grabbing clearances
1 - Connor Idun: great game; equal team-high intercept possessions, anticipating the ball well, and distributed superbly coming out of D50

Callaghan was also superb, gaining plenty of metres in attack; O'Halloran continued his excellent season, being dogged in his role; Callum Brown excelled in his forward role - his lightning speed is an absolute weapon; Taylor/Buckley re-established our brick-wall defence, allowing HH & Haynes to feed off it.

An excellent performance across the whole team.

That was an amazing performance.
I watched a second replay today after going to the game. Yep 3 times.
IMO Tom Green was terrific, winning a stack of contested ball and he wasn't in my top 8 players. Yet someone had him.best on, and could clearly see why they went that way .
I thought Cogs cut them to shreds, but many didn't give him a point, I looked at their options and couldn't disagree with any.
Thought Ward was outstanding, not one person gave him a vote.
I don't remember a game where we had so many outstanding performances and it being so hard to give votes.
Will be interesting to see Brownlow and coaches votes.
I suspect the big names will get them, it is how it usually goes. They'll deserve them, but so would have others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an amazing performance.
I watched a second replay today after going to the game. Yep 3 times.
IMO Tom Green was terrific, winning a stack of contested ball and he wasn't in my top 8 players. Yet someone had him.best on, and could clearly see why they went that way .
I thought Cogs cut them to shreds, but many didn't give him a point, I looked at their options and couldn't disagree with any.
Thought Ward was outstanding, not one person gave him a vote.
I don't remember a game where we had so many outstanding performances and it being so hard to give votes.
Will be interesting to see Brownlow and coaches votes.
I suspect the big names will get them, it is how it usually goes. They'll deserve them, but so would have others.
The coaches votes - a perfect 10 for Josh

Greater Western Sydney v Fremantle​

10 Josh Kelly (GWS)
5 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
5 Toby Greene (GWS)
5 Jake Riccardi (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)

The coaches votes - a perfect 10 for Josh

Greater Western Sydney v Fremantle​

10 Josh Kelly (GWS)
5 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
5 Toby Greene (GWS)
5 Jake Riccardi (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
That's an interesting array of votes. Apart from Josh getting two 5s, the other four received exact opposite 4-1 and 3-2 votes! I guess it mirrors our fans' spread of voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back