List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What evidence do you want? Who is he that you are speaking of?

I was answering a general question about mental strength and the relationship with repeated injuries.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bit of a circular conversation that you stumbled on. BJ suggesting Cuners mental capacity is lacking.

FB: McGovern - Weitering - Newman
HB: Docherty - Young - Saad

C: Acres - Cripps - Hollands
OB: Pittonet - Hewett - Cerra

HF: Silvagni - Curnow - Walsh
FF: Motlop - McKay - Durdin

Ruck: De Koning
Midfield: Kennedy
Defender: Williams/Cowan
Wing/Forward: Fisher

Hard to say what is missing from our best 22 that we need to become genuine contenders.

Perhaps an icing on the cake player with line breaking leg speed. In the forward half.

Hard to say what is missing from our best 22 that we need to become genuine contenders.

Perhaps an icing on the cake player with line breaking leg speed. In the forward half.
Yeh just a lack of speed for me. Saad and Durdin are the only genuinely quick players. (Gov too but not really a run and carry type)
We have no more holes then the premiership contenders do so I really don’t see any excuses.

I know it’s only 3 rounds in but can someone kindly provide some commentary on the way we are trying to play (Game plan).

there would have to be a plan around how we attack and how we defend as a team.

We would have practiced this through preseason (drills) and now that we’ve had 2 preseason practice games and 3 league games what can we pick up in terms of our playing style?

im genuinely curious and it’s not something I can pick up clearly when watching our games.

I'd say those 3-4 players are the last pieces to replace. Cowan and Hollands purely due to age, I think they're both going to be very good players but obviously need to continue improving and avoid any second year blues. Every chance next year they are at a level we need.

Fisher and Silvagni don't hit the scoreboard enough and don't provide any real point of difference aside from being reliable users. Ainsworth, Gresham, Butters etc who provide the same creative ball use but have elite speed and good tanks. JSOS with a genuine 3rd goal kicking option - Ryan, Cumberland, Himmelberg, Rayner etc.

We aren't far off and theres a chance we could address both of those spots at the draft depending on how high we finish this year. Watson, Moir, Caddy, Duursma could provide instant impact in both positions but all of them are expected to go very early on.

Last edited:
I know it’s only 3 rounds in but can someone kindly provide some commentary on the way we are trying to play (Game plan).

there would have to be a plan around how we attack and how we defend as a team.

We would have practiced this through preseason (drills) and now that we’ve had 2 preseason practice games and 3 league games what can we pick up in terms of our playing style?

im genuinely curious and it’s not something I can pick up clearly when watching our games.

Think we are just trying to find a happy medium between the high intensity style that saw us get over-run multiple times last year, and tempo footy. Geelong game was pretty close to what we should be looking to achieve imo.

Given Mot's efforts up the ground recently, I'd swap him & Fisher around. Mot's delivery has been very good, as has his efforts at the contests and he gives us a 4Qtr game.

I would love to see us invest in another HIGH pressure small forward to go with Durdin and replace Owies.

Only has to have 10 touches a game but force half a dozen turnovers a game out of defence and we are a much better side.
9ainsworthben20200224021259739551091816-a4cd-47a3-a27a-924788e05561_x400.png

Runs as hard as anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say those 3-4 players are the last pieces to replace. Cowan and Hollands purely due to age, I think they're both going to be very good players but obviously need to continue improving and avoid any second year blues. Every chance next year they are at a level we need.

Fisher and Silvagni don't hit the scoreboard enough and don't provide any real point of difference aside from being reliable users. Ainsworth, Gresham, Butters etc who provide the same creative ball use but have elite speed and good tanks. JSOS with a genuine 3rd goal kicking option - Ryan, Cumberland, Himmelberg, Rayner etc.

We aren't far off and theres a chance we could address both of those spots at the draft depending on how high we finish this year. Watson, Moir, Caddy, Duursma could provide instant impact in both positions but all of them are expected to go very early on.
Duursma looks a absolute gun, not sure how can get up high enough to draft him.
Looks to be a mix of elite mid sized forward & midfielder that we are lacking.

So now that Geelong is tanking for Reid and rebuilding who can we poach from them to get them an extra couple of first rounders for the draft? I was thinking Jez Cameron might go alright as third fiddle to H and Charles

I might get chased out of town for suggesting this, so apologies in advance……..
If Ginnivan can’t find his way back into the Pies team this year, is he an option to look at come years end? Kicked 40 odd goals last year, has some footy smarts about him (though not so many in public toilets)?

If Ginnivan can’t find his way back into the Pies team this year, is he an option to look at come years end? Kicked 40 odd goals last year, has some footy smarts about him (though not so many in public toilets)?
Wont hear any argument here....

Would be a great pick for us. Natural goal sense, tackles well, good overhead for his size. Would jump at the chance to get him. Exactly the type of player we need.

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

Good player but don't think he'd fit in with Motlop and Fisher already there. Durdin our only small fwd with real speed, I'd think we'd be looking to inject some more into that area of the ground to help us keep the ball locked in the f50.

Fisher Curnow Durdin
Motlop Mckay Ginnivan

Silvagni

Looks a bit too one paced imo.

Ginnivan has some wheels, and some on-field smarts....but also some off-field dumb. Not against him entirely, but I reckon we could do better through the draft this year.

The best case scenario is a player who plays 4 quarters like Jack Martin plays 1. Someone with a bit of dash and flair, good hands and a decent jump, and sticks their tackles. Shouldn't be a crumbing small, but an athletic small-to-medium forward who makes for an awkward matchup.

Would like to think that we could package our 2023 and 2024 first rounders to get a pick in the 6-10 range for one of the names below. There will be talls and mids who go early as well, so I think it stands to reason that we could get the third or fourth best forward utility (assuming Reid and Caddy go top 5).

Nate Caddy

The nephew of former Richmond forward Josh Caddy, Nate is an athletic and aggressive tall forward. Strong on the lead, Caddy is a high-leaper who is a strong aerial marking threat and a dangerous one-on-one mark. Just short of key position height at this stage, Caddy can hit the scoreboard in bunches and will be looking to spend more time pushing up through the midfield in 2023.

Harley Reid

Reid displays the versatility to isolate one-on-one deep in the front half, intercept and generate meaningful rebound from defence or play through the midfield and win the ball and explode forward. A blend of Dustin Martin and Luke Hodge, Reid is the early favourite to be the first selected in next year's draft. Reid's performance for Victoria Country against Victoria Metro will remain in the minds of recruiters as one of 2022's most influential.

Jack Delean

A talented forward who made a name for himself in 2021, Delean is a small marking forward who hits the scoreboard heavily, averaging more than a goal per game in 2022 in the SANFL Under-18s. A high-leaping, strong aerial marking threat, Delean is also a talented finisher around goal and is a reliable set shot converter. He can set up teammates inside 50m with his clever work by foot and is also adept at ground level.

Zane Duursma

The younger brother of Xavier Duursma, Zane is a talented and high-leaping forward, who does his best work taking marks inside 50m. He's also a marking threat on the lead and one-on-one. A talented finisher around goal in general play who can hit the scoreboard heavily, Duursma is a reliable set shot goalkicker with a good approach. A good ground ball winner, Duursma can push up through the midfield and win first possession. He will also take on the game with his pace when given the opportunity.

Ashton Moir

A talented and dangerous forward, Moir is a match-winner who does a lot of his best work inside 50m but can also impact games through the midfield. Moir is dangerous overhead, one-on-one and aerially inside 50m. He is also strong at ground level, often making something happen. With ball in hand, it feels like he can finish from anywhere. A gifted athlete, Moir is a high leaper and possesses explosive pace and good agility.

Koltyn Tholstrup

A damaging and speedy forward who can push up through the midfield, Tholstrup takes on the game with his run and is a good kick that can find targets around the ground and inside 50m. A capable contested ball winner, Tholstrup is dangerous at ground level, a strong mark and can hit the scoreboard in bunches when playing forward.

Nick Watson

A small forward, Watson is as ready to impact games at AFL level as any prospect in the pool. Despite standing at less than 170cm, Watson plays much taller than his height and is both an overhead marking threat and dangerous at ground level. He often serves as his team's primary avenue to goal. He possesses exceptional skills and can set up teammates inside 50m for shots on goal, finishes around goal at will and converts his set shot attempts.

Reckon we could add an exciting high draft pick into our established forward line and see them thrive. Don't have to go chasing players from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back