List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievably theres every chance things get worse for them next season. Shuey, Hurn, Nic Nat all probably finishing up and Yeo, Barrass and Ryan all could be on the trade table to try get some more picks. Insane.
Yeo is the exact type of player that would propel us back up the ladder.
I'd be rapt if we got him.

It's weird, but when we drafted Fisher the expectation was the complete opposite. Just look at his draft profile:
Strengths: Contested footy, aggression, tackling, clean hands
Weaknesses: Size, injuries
"Fisher is a fierce inside midfielder, who knows how to find the footy. He was the only West Australianat at the Under-18 Championships to average over 20 disposals. He is not naturally quick or as gifted as some players, but he uses the ball well both on the inside and the outside, has good vision and works extremely hard."

His contested possession and tackle counts per year:
2017 = 5.25cp and 3.40 tackles per game
2018 = 7.85cp / 3.47 tackles
2019 = 7.0cp / 2.76 tackles
2020 = 5.75cp / 2.5 tackles (shortened games)
2021 = 6cp / 2.4 tackles
2022 = 6.04 cp / 2.04 tackles
2023 = 4.8cp / 1 tackles

Somehow we have completely beaten the best aspects of Fisher out of him, replacing an undersized but tough and aggressive midfielder with a conditional forward. This one is completely on us as a club and our poor development, to be honest.
Nicely balanced point. Wonder if the club's focused too much on athletic profile determinations on development rather than footballing profile? Maybe?

Wait a second. We did go seeking #28 from Adelaide to pay for the GWS foursome, but yes ... that trade also involved us giving up Geelong's future 1st (#16) that we got for Henderson, but we got back #8 which we used to get Harry McKay. We killed on that trade.
We moved Henderson on to gain a future first (Berry) from the Cats that was flipped for the McKay pick.
Lots of moving parts on that one.

We moved Henderson on to gain a future first (Berry) from the Cats that was flipped for the McKay pick.
Lots of moving parts on that one.

But that trade doesn't involve Henderson. Henderson for future 1st = good trade for us.

Then using the future 1st to get #8 to use at the draft for McKay = good trade for us.

It doesn't become Henderson and a future 1st for #8 because we only had Henderson to start with. Essentially we turned Henderson into McKay with bugger all moving parts around it.

Clearly we are country mile off where we hoped we could be and as a result I think we need to look at being a bit more bold and make a few tough calls at the trade table.

Gov: has done sweet FA for 5 years and we should trade him now whilst he still has some currency (all be it limited). I’d do our third in this years draft plus Gov for a decent second round pick this year to get back into the second round.

TDK: looks like he wants to go, let him and get the best deal we can as compensation. I’d say getting a pick in the 12-15 range would be very good business.

Cunners and Marchbank: if either of these two get an injury before the end of the year, it’s curtains and if they stay injury free offer them a rookie spot and if they decline, cya later.

Dow: most likely gets traded for a pick upgrade or junk pick (see setters trade last year), would love to get more, but we can’t expect anything for someone we won’t play.

Given we have the campo twins in 2024 I’d imagine we try and trade our future first next year for an additional first round pick this year. If we could walk away from this year with 3 picks under 20 we could quickly reload with some serious talent. Clearly we need, dynamic, speedy types who use the ball very well, 3 of these would be nice!

Delist: Honey, Fogarty and Philip.

On notice for 2024: LOB (dead man walking) Carroll, Fish, Martin,
Dom, S. Durdin.

Clearly we are country mile off where we hoped we could be and as a result I think we need to look at being a bit more bold and make a few tough calls at the trade table.

Gov: has done sweet FA for 5 years and we should trade him now whilst he still has some currency (all be it limited). I’d do our third in this years draft plus Gov for a decent second round pick this year to get back into the second round.

TDK: looks like he wants to go, let him and get the best deal we can as compensation. I’d say getting a pick in the 12-15 range would be very good business.

Cunners and Marchbank: if either of these two get an injury before the end of the year, it’s curtains and if they stay injury free offer them a rookie spot and if they decline, cya later.

Dow: most likely gets traded for a pick upgrade or junk pick (see setters trade last year), would love to get more, but we can’t expect anything for someone we won’t play.

Given we have the campo twins in 2024 I’d imagine we try and trade our future first next year for an additional first round pick this year. If we could walk away from this year with 3 picks under 20 we could quickly reload with some serious talent. Clearly we need, dynamic, speedy types who use the ball very well, 3 of these would be nice!

Dom, S. Durdin.
Are any of these tough calls? I'd think most of them would already be packing their bags.

Watson is the key this year. Could be the best small forward of this generation. Kids a certified freakshow.

Are any of these tough calls? I'd think most of them would already be packing their bags.

Watson is the key this year. Could be the best small forward of this generation. Kids a certified freakshow.
I agree. We need him more than Harley. One silver lining from being this shite is he should be within reach with our first pick.
I also like Caddy and Philcatides too.

Dom, S. Durdin.
Question due to ignorance… do we have the campo twins in 2024? It’s obviously too early I assume for official commitment, but are there signs they want to play for Carlton?
Hoping for positive news

Question due to ignorance… do we have the campo twins in 2024? It’s obviously too early I assume for official commitment, but are there signs they want to play for Carlton?
Hoping for positive news
Theyve trained at Carlton over the last couple of years. Every indication they'll both be committing to coming to us together.

Yeo is the exact type of player that would propel us back up the ladder.
I'd be rapt if we got him.
Not for me, unless you are key position or highly skilled small forward, you have to be able to run, at speed for a long time. He is a player from the previous era now . I loved him but that was then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dom, S. Durdin.
We don’t have a current 2nd Coll/Cowan or 3rd Freo/Acres round pick this year…

Nope. #7 for Jaksch, Wiley and #19

Nope. #28 for Lamb, Sumner, Phillips and Plowman.

Edit: Or if you want the full scope of the trade, Future Cats 1st (#16 from Henderson trade) and #28 for the GWS foursome and #8 (Harry McKay)

Not the full story. Geelong's 2017 1st rounder (approx 16), #45 and #58 for Marchbank, Pickett and GWS' 2017 2nd rounder.

Technical. We gave up #26 and #28 and Sydney being the third prong of that trade gave the Crows #13.
First trade pick#7. That wasn't Silvagni era.

Silvagni was still at GWS and reportedly laughed at us when we did that deal.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Dom, S. Durdin.

Pretty much right. Dow is a victim of surplus of one of the few areas we are strong in (Inside mids)
I think we can bounce back quite well next year with an additional year into Durdin, Motlop, Hollands, Cowan etc

On many of my ladder predictions over the hears I’ve been a year off. Much of what we think could of gone right this year could just be a year off.

Last year possibly an early over achievement and next year onwards more sustainable success onwards.

It’s a tough competition, we aren’t entitled to success any more than 17 other sides.

Best we learn that, if we haven’t already. This is why I’ve done an about face and think we stick with Voss for this year. Earliest we should remove him is about this point next year.

We have tried all sorts of things the last 20 years, and the only thing we should of done which we didn’t do was keep Ratts (I also wanted him gone at the time).

Lesson from the afl era has been quick fixes and knee jerk reactions have never worked. Voss may not work out, but changing right now 99% won’t their.

The players have to realise the Buck stops with them. They might just not be good enough, which after 3 coaches we have ample evidence of.

First trade pick#7. That wasn't Silvagni era.

Silvagni was still at GWS and reportedly laughed at us when we did that deal.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Correct. I was too interested in correcting the deal to recognise who the list manager was. I attended the draft the year we did that trade and drafted Boekhorst.

Correct. I was too interested in correcting the deal to recognise who the list manager was. I attended the draft the year we did that trade and drafted Boekhorst.
The same year Sos drafted Jarrod Pickett, Caleb Marchbank and Paul Ahern inside the top 7 picks.....

Pickett at 4 whilst Jordan DeGoey went pick 5.....

No guarantee that either of the twins nominates Carlton. We are a basket case and have been for over 20 years.

No guarantees but things are looking good on that front.

It’s not as though they haven’t been involved with the club through their junior career.

Pretty much right. Dow is a victim of surplus of one of the few areas we are strong in (Inside mids)
I think we can bounce back quite well next year with an additional year into Durdin, Motlop, Hollands, Cowan etc

On many of my ladder predictions over the hears I’ve been a year off. Much of what we think could of gone right this year could just be a year off.

Last year possibly an early over achievement and next year onwards more sustainable success onwards.

It’s a tough competition, we aren’t entitled to success any more than 17 other sides.

Best we learn that, if we haven’t already. This is why I’ve done an about face and think we stick with Voss for this year. Earliest we should remove him is about this point next year.

We have tried all sorts of things the last 20 years, and the only thing we should of done which we didn’t do was keep Ratts (I also wanted him gone at the time).

Lesson from the afl era has been quick fixes and knee jerk reactions have never worked. Voss may not work out, but changing right now 99% won’t their.

The players have to realise the Buck stops with them. They might just not be good enough, which after 3 coaches we have ample evidence of.
This is where I’m at too. I’m as frustrated as anything about how this season has panned out and I don’t see it getting much better for the remaining 11 games, but we need to stick with Voss for at least another 12 months.

Give Voss the opportunity to remodel the game plan over summer with hopefully better assistant coaches. Put it on the players to work through their slump rather than giving them an out byapportioning the blame elsewhere. Trade out TDK and reload at the draft with two picks inside 15. Shed some salary from the books to balance out TPP. Get another pre season into Hollands, Cowan, Binns, Kemp, Motlop, Durdin and go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back