MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the decision, Brayshaw is absolutely 100% correct that their would have been a different outcome if this were mid season and not finals.

It is a joke how the system has been shown time and time again to be able to be manipulated based on who the player plays for, what time of year it is, and who the player is etc.

The Dees must be wrapped their player has to miss a game regardless , concussion rule,while accidental shirtfront Maynard is free to play . I did read some of the tribunal tweet rubbish and I’m sure I read Collingwood arguing that Brayshaw should have got out of the road argument lol almost placing blame on him . Farcical decision considering we have been told for a number of yrs if you leave the ground and contact the player(not just a bump) and he is injured you will be sanctioned. Jack did a footy thing and got the ball ,3 weeks , Log bumped a bloke suspended for a week no injury or free kick in front of the umpire. Accident or not it’s duty of care now apparently,he was knocked out lol. I thought Collingwood might use their new Advanced smothering technique argument, but they could have just about said anything and he would have got off by the looks of it.

Last edited:
It is not really surprising that the league if so officiously run given the amount of Lawyers at the top of the AFL corporate heap.
Should be the first thing asked for a potential employee.

Are you a lawyer?

Yes.

Get the **** out.

NRL bloke Greg Alexander on Fox Sports show The Back Page said if an identical incident happened in their code Maynard would be looking at 4 weeks. The rationale is that the kicker has a protected space around them and that the player charging them down has a duty of care. Once you leave the ground, the responsibility is all on you.

NRL bloke Greg Alexander on Fox Sports show The Back Page said if an identical incident happened in their code Maynard would be looking at 4 weeks. The rationale is that the kicker has a protected space around them and that the player charging them down has a duty of care. Once you leave the ground, the responsibility is all on you.
Once you leave the ground, the responsibility is all on you.

Until last week that's what everyone was saying regarding the AFL as well. At least, until a Collingwood bloke faced the possibility of missing a grand final.

Once you leave the ground it's an automatic suspension they said. Both feet off the ground will always be a suspension. Well, not always it seems.

The AFL...

...About as honest as a used car salesman turned real Estate agent who's branched out into selling fish oil and anti-aging pills as a sideline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once you leave the ground, the responsibility is all on you.

Until last week that's what everyone was saying regarding the AFL as well. At least, until a Collingwood bloke faced the possibility of missing a grand final.

Once you leave the ground it's an automatic suspension they said. Both feet off the ground will always be a suspension. Well, not always it seems.

The AFL...

...About as honest as a used car salesman turned real Estate agent who's branched out into selling fish oil and anti-aging pills as a sideline.
Not being a smart ar$e and apologies for not going back through the pages in case someone else asked but how does it compare to high marking? Mark of the year, injury from that, 3 weeks??

People get knocked out in practice Games . What an idiot should get 12 weeks just because it’s a practice game .

If Webster gets banned for 7 weeks, his first game back will be against NMFC.

Line him up.
I don't think he's good enough of a player to walk back into the Saints side post suspension anyways. Better off looking at the VFL fixture.

MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back